Prot pallies? lets talk about hpals

wait, which one is jsu8 so i can laugh my ass off really hard. god i hope its the OP

But..but...OP wrote a guide, so he must be one dynamite player!

What the hell are you talking about? When did I spec speed of light? Stop making crap up.

Its in one of the 1000 rate a twink topics somewhere, but i'm too lazy to forum dig now, but i remember people laughing at you for quite some time and you only recently specced SoL because people said how much it sucks and how its the worst choice.

But..but...OP wrote a guide, so he must be one dynamite player!

Its in one of the 1000 rate a twink topics somewhere, but i'm too lazy to forum dig now, but i remember people laughing at you for quite some time and you only recently specced SoL because people said how much it sucks and how its the worst choice.

I never specced SoL and I had a hard time choosing Judgement sprint or Pursuit of Justice. You must be mistaken.

I never specced SoL and I had a hard time choosing Judgement sprint or Pursuit of Justice. You must be mistaken.

oh dear...

You're specced wrong. Speed of light is the best talent for FCing. It's a great escape move.

followed up with a...

You can easily get CCed with Pursuit of Justice. However, with one SoL, you can escape all the attackers.

and you told a ret to spec PoJ yesterday :p

Derp

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f91/prot-paladin-43088/

Was just bored, not that I care what talent some guy goes with... But it is really funny how like 90% of the palas @ 20 are SoL specced :p

Guys, guys we can all agree it is REALLY funny to purge SoLs.

I giggle at most of the paladins in this bracket period. Lets go one step farther, and be honest with ourselves, we all probably laugh at 80% of this bracket.

First off, i dint read the thread. Just responding to the op; You sir, are wrong. A holy paladin does not do more damage than prot. You may get those results, but probably because you don't know how to maximize your dps with a proper rotation. Anything more than spamming 1 button is too hard, let alone all 4 buttons a prot uses to dps! And its not like you're going to kill anyone with the sustained damage from an hpal, you need burst. Get real kiddo. You're bad and you should feel bad. I would reinstall wow to fraps myself dueling you prot v prot. Stop talking about things you know nothing about.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood paladin.

I liked my holy palading in cata more, was more fun and holy had higher skill cap. Nowdays you just cant die xD Btw about healing druid is far more powerful in delivering heals if you play it right. Druid is the king of heals.

Derp

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f91/prot-paladin-43088/

Was just bored, not that I care what talent some guy goes with... But it is really funny how like 90% of the palas @ 20 are SoL specced :p

Props to you for finding it! SoL would be better if it wasn't dispellable or made you unaffected by movement impairing effects.

......I still don't have my Soldier cape... : /

holypowah may be consistently woefully misinformed, but seems to me like you're just a dick, earl

Oh Licholas the white knight who nobody give a bleep about! Face it, this topic is a failure and this is almost the same thing as Lill who asked for Hunter respect in Cata.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're all dumb dummies and WRONG. ESPECIALLY those of you saying that pvp is about burst. It's about capping flags and finding ways to run people off of cliffs. And sometimes about killing stuff.

And I don't know about you, but I've never been burst down by a prot paladin. Most of us have more health than THAT. Maybe a prot paladin AND another prot paladin together as they often roam in packs. But never by just one. All one can do is throw his little shield at me and interrupt my heals when I'm already getting killed.

Besides, they go oom in a couple casts and then they're just annoying little Captain America wannabe's who keep delaying their own deaths by throwing their little dinky shields at me and getting out of my CC by various means.

The point? The OP is slightly more right than the rest of ya'll hateraders. Plus I know that the OP happens to be a very smart player and doesn't consistenly blame his teammates and afk out of losing games like 99% of the angry uptight know-it-all TI critics. /bow

Credibility:

Earl flees from me in duels...
EarlDefeat_zps7e250614.png

Veinte flees from me in duels...
VeinteDefeat_zpse8b78d4f.png

Our team downed Earl in a BG once...
EarlDeath_zpsd06441c1.png

AND I can do this.
EpicJump_zps157c4bb1.png

If you think you can't be bursted down by a prot, you've been lucky enough not to play against one with half a brain. Prot ooms if you're forced to spam heals, but the mana regen is insane. And they rarely need to spam. Prot is op, and in the right hands I believe it is the strongest bg class.

It's very rare to face a skilled person, but i can personally say I've 2v1'd 2 hpals for a while, killed one while the other ran off thinking I was dead, and then killed a resto shaman immediately after that.

Prot is ridiculously OP, low skill floor and fairly high skill cap. Holy has a low skill floor and a skill cap that's slightly higher.

This thread is going nowhere productive.

You're all dumb dummies and WRONG. ESPECIALLY those of you saying that pvp is about burst. It's about capping flags and finding ways to run people off of cliffs. And sometimes about killing stuff.

And I don't know about you, but I've never been burst down by a prot paladin. Most of us have more health than THAT. Maybe a prot paladin AND another prot paladin together as they often roam in packs. But never by just one. All one can do is throw his little shield at me and interrupt my heals when I'm already getting killed.

Besides, they go oom in a couple casts and then they're just annoying little Captain America wannabe's who keep delaying their own deaths by throwing their little dinky shields at me and getting out of my CC by various means.

The point? The OP is slightly more right than the rest of ya'll hateraders. Plus I know that the OP happens to be a very smart player and doesn't consistenly blame his teammates and afk out of losing games like 99% of the angry uptight know-it-all TI critics. /bow

Credibility:

Earl flees from me in duels...
EarlDefeat_zps7e250614.png

Veinte flees from me in duels...
VeinteDefeat_zpse8b78d4f.png

Our team downed Earl in a BG once...
EarlDeath_zpsd06441c1.png

AND I can do this.
EpicJump_zps157c4bb1.png

no, honestly. i'll explain if you really want me to, but now im off to bed.

I never understood why an important end-game spell(avengers used to be a lvl 60 ability before) got moved down to lvl 20 without even speccing any talent trees and became a tank ability

But i guess blizz loves unbalanced classes,jsut like rogues have ambush,sap, evasion and many more abilities at low levels while classes like warrior get to have $hit like tclap(perhaps if they would bring the old one which would slow enemies by 33%) and taunt.

Uhh if only we could get our 10 second shield/both weapon disarm at lvl 18 again to disarm those protection palas and rogues....

no, honestly. i'll explain if you really want me to, but now im off to bed.

No need to explain, I believe you. And you do bring up a valid point with this statement. I AM wrong. In fact, we're all wrong. Why? Because this thread is too broad.

What do we mean by PVP? Are we talking about 1v1 versus a dps class? 1v1 versus a healer? 1v3 versus dps-only classes? Arena battles? Sustained damage? 5v4 offensive zerg against an EFC with healers? Without healers? Damage done over a long period of time taking into account survivability? Damage done in a span of 5 seconds? How fast you can down a warrior or who would be better able to outlast a feral druid? Who would have an easier time against classes and players who know how to kite?

All of these different scenarios would have different opinions on which of the two specs would be best or do more damage. The point is, both specs are OP and should be hated and spat upon.

i'll explain if you really want me to, but now im off to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
i totally agree with u......Hpally are just keep on spamming denounce and not to mention that we cant cause critical effects when hit by denouce.......i personally play protc pally and killing a Hpally is really difficult when soloing one....chances to kill them are really low

Users who are viewing this thread