Patch 5.2 reloaded (20-24)

Hmm, no one is talking about respecs. Every 24 spriest which exists today didn't roll as holy/disc and switch spec in MoP... They started from scratch because that's what fotm rerollers do. We will see a sudden surge in disc 24s when the farmer scum catch on.

I'm sure a disc won't melt you in a global either, but the shielded spriest certainly will.

I just don't see disc priests supplanting shadow priests as the FOTM 24 class. They're already the best team fight healer in this bracket and nobody rolls them. PW:S is ridiculous with 40% baseline resilience, especially at level 24. We're talking about an 1800 point absorb that can be spammed on your entire team before a fight starts and reapplied every 15 seconds with no chance of you ever running out of mana. If that isn't incentive enough for people to play disc at 24, nothing will be.

Shadow can turret heal effectively, put out ridiculous damage and be tanky as shit thanks to baseline resilience, Shadowform and PW:S. Disc just doesn't offer as much as shadow at 24, even in 5.2.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is we won't know for sure until the patch is completed... We just have to be patient, I'm sure those hunter buffs will make a recognizable difference, as will the warlock buffs, and we will get to see how the the level scaling in bg's works out. just have to be patient because speculation isn't worth anything at this point.

so warriors get a nerf , while pallys get buffs, more of the same ol bullshit, well one less warrior for you to kick around im done.

so warriors get a nerf , while pallys get buffs, more of the same ol bullshit, well one less warrior for you to kick around im done.
my god, ret pallies got a healing buff.

what a tragedy, i concur

Since pally dps is holy > prot > retri i wanna see retri become the new healer. Cmon blizz u can do it.

Since pally dps is holy > prot > retri i wanna see retri become the new healer. Cmon blizz u can do it.

I rarely see paladins who are holy who AREN'T healing these days. 24's are the exception because their holy shock still hits hard.

A good paladin can still keep parts of his team up and use their enormous capability of dos to keep pressure on EFC.

I rarely see paladins who are holy who AREN'T healing these days. 24's are the exception because their holy shock still hits hard.

I must strongly disagree with the part where you said holy pallies are healing. Denounce spammers are still going strong regaurdless of how much damage they do.

Doesnt really mathers anyways. The chances of getting a competent paladin on your team are really low. It probably happened like twice in my whole life

DPS Tuning
•Standard, yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

•Undid the buff to Vitality for Combat. It's back to 30% AP.

•Partially reverted the -25% nerf to Execute. It's now -15%. (As mentioned previously, we adjust the meta-gem.)

Sword of Light now increases damage by 15% up from 10%.

•Partially reverted the buffs to Conflag and Immolate. They were +20%, and are now +15%.

•We are concerned that fully geared Subtlety, Enhancement and Windwalker DPS are still too high. None of these are particularly easy specs to play, so it might be okay that given that players won't realistically be able to hit their theoretical maxima. Just wanted to let you know they are on our radar.

caught my eye of these changes in MMO-champ, there are other monk changes too, hope these help.
check them out.

And the OP classes get stronger when they needed nerfs... Is this bracket like the complete opposite of 90 or is blizz just that stupid?

you ever came face to face with an endgame warr? if you ever do you'll see why blizz hasn't buffed them. they was pretty much the same the 1st half of cata too.

Users who are viewing this thread