20-29 Offical 29 3 vs 3 Tournament!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Livingforce, Mar 28, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Bop

Bop Diamond Cow

Agreed, casters are perfectly fine where they are - and Elemental Force is a bracket defining enchant that will allow Mages/Locks to benefit merely by it being removed. Mages/Locks don't need it to be viable; they'd prefer the classes that excel with it do not have that important tool.

And none of this is to even mention Crusader/Flintlock/Landslide.

I'd like to see a tournament without weapon enchants, to be honest.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OP
    Livingforce

Livingforce Member

Keep the constructive criticism up people, good to see ideas being thrown around :)

3. Fael

Fael Believer

Mages and Warlocks less viable in the arena? Mages and Warlocks are perfectly fine without them. So are the other classes, except resto druids and hpals because they're irrelevant. Weapon Enchants bring the variable of a huge damage increase and brings imbalance into games. Remove enchants and you remove this variable of imbalance.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Herbalhydro

Herbalhydro Member

Seeing how you have removed wep enchants, eng trinkets and GFed gear in an effort to make games more fair and balanced I would suggest you atleast take a look at the idea of removing racials as well

5. Waves

Waves Veteran

Why not just remove gear all together

• Like Like x 1
  6. Aoz

Aoz Member

LOL

7. Aoz

Aoz Member

I like no wep enchants, but mayb like hpal/rdruid/mw can use healing power? Seeing as though they're the more shittier healers of the bracket? Only problem with disc priest is the healing output is already stupid as fuck, but to add on the increased damage from the sp...

8. OP
    Livingforce

Livingforce Member

I reflected on it, no weapon enchants are staying, just makes priests dps/healing even stronger...

Keeping it easy. Don't want to make things to confusing.

9. Delayed

Delayed Veteran

He hath spoken.

10. Delayed

Delayed Veteran

I'm game for no weapon enchants, because as soon as I got a weapon proc on my war, I was crit ting 1k on every spell I had and it was literally retarded. I do agree no weapon enchants WILL make things way more balanced. For the people who say warlock and mage is not top tier, I feel bad for you and your skill cap. Why do you people think I don't play them? #IHaveSmallSkillCap

11. Daddy

Daddy Grandfathered

What about classes like ret that do mediocre dmg compared to other classes without sader procs?

12. Delayed

Delayed Veteran

Queued like 6 skirms as ret yesterday, no sader I was citing like 1.1k Templars, with sader I was critting 1.5k, I was also healing for like 1.5k. I'd say ret isn't r1 but it's definately viable without sader.

13. Fiur

Fiur Member

No grandfathered glyphs? What glyphs are gfd?

14. Druiddroid

Druiddroid Member Moderator

It seems fair to make it so you can only use unenchanted BoAs weaps, for example what if someone uses unenchanted shadowfang?

15. Waves

Waves Veteran

Pruned weapon enchants FeelsBadMan

16. Fael

Fael Believer

What's your justification for having weapon enchants? Do you like imbalance?

17. Waves

Waves Veteran

The last tournament proved that the strogest comps didn't win, but the ones with the best communication and synergy did. If the concern is based around Crusader and Landslide, then by all means ban them. But banning all weapon enchants seems pointless. As stated previously though it's Living's tournament and he can make the rules to be whatever he pleases. I'm trying to give back constructive feedback in my own opinion. As for "imbalance" there has yet to be a season both for tw1nks and at endgame where one or more class has been considerably stronger than others. I.E Cata Arcane Mages, MoP ele shamans, Wrath Ret pals or dks, BC Fury warrs, Vanilla Enhance shamans, WoD ferals. If imbalance is your foible then perhaps consider another game?

18. Fael

Fael Believer

Right the game is already imbalanced, but that doesn't mean we can't counteract the imbalance. No weapon enchants promotes better play rather than relying on enchants. A ban on proc enchants should be a no brainer, the other enchants on the other hand is up for discussion. Thank you for your constructive criticism. And again it is up to Living in the end. Looking forward to this tourney.

19. Magoo

Magoo Member

Healers will be allowed weapon enchants that assist healing, DPS weapon enchants like Elemental Force will not be allowed for healers. Weapon enchants for everyone else will not be allowed, this in turn brings out more balanced competitive games. Healers need all the help they can get, giving weapon enchants to everyone else is not the answer.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  20. Poonfist

Poonfist Veteran

This sounds fun, can't wait ! ! !

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)