20-29 Offical 29 3 vs 3 Tournament!

Less viable classes of warlock and mage, wot? Those classes are easily top tier, and dont need wep enchants to be viable. If you need them, you're playing wrong. Rdru and hpal on the other hand, are weak. Living, your rules were fine the first time. Dont change them. Leave wep enchants out.

Agreed, casters are perfectly fine where they are - and Elemental Force is a bracket defining enchant that will allow Mages/Locks to benefit merely by it being removed. Mages/Locks don't need it to be viable; they'd prefer the classes that excel with it do not have that important tool.

And none of this is to even mention Crusader/Flintlock/Landslide.

I'd like to see a tournament without weapon enchants, to be honest.

Weapon enchants should be allowed imo. Otherwise you screw over healers and the viability of less viable classes such as warlocks, mages, resto druids, hpals.

Mages and Warlocks less viable in the arena? Mages and Warlocks are perfectly fine without them. So are the other classes, except resto druids and hpals because they're irrelevant. Weapon Enchants bring the variable of a huge damage increase and brings imbalance into games. Remove enchants and you remove this variable of imbalance.

Seeing how you have removed wep enchants, eng trinkets and GFed gear in an effort to make games more fair and balanced I would suggest you atleast take a look at the idea of removing racials as well

I like no wep enchants, but mayb like hpal/rdruid/mw can use healing power? Seeing as though they're the more shittier healers of the bracket? Only problem with disc priest is the healing output is already stupid as fuck, but to add on the increased damage from the sp...

Less viable classes of warlock and mage, wot? Those classes are easily top tier, and dont need wep enchants to be viable. If you need them, you're playing wrong. Rdru and hpal on the other hand, are weak. Living, your rules were fine the first time. Dont change them. Leave wep enchants out.
He hath spoken.

I'm game for no weapon enchants, because as soon as I got a weapon proc on my war, I was crit ting 1k on every spell I had and it was literally retarded. I do agree no weapon enchants WILL make things way more balanced. For the people who say warlock and mage is not top tier, I feel bad for you and your skill cap. Why do you people think I don't play them? #IHaveSmallSkillCap

What about classes like ret that do mediocre dmg compared to other classes without sader procs?

What about classes like ret that do mediocre dmg compared to other classes without sader procs?
Queued like 6 skirms as ret yesterday, no sader I was citing like 1.1k Templars, with sader I was critting 1.5k, I was also healing for like 1.5k. I'd say ret isn't r1 but it's definately viable without sader.

It seems fair to make it so you can only use unenchanted BoAs weaps, for example what if someone uses unenchanted shadowfang?

What's your justification for having weapon enchants? Do you like imbalance?
The last tournament proved that the strogest comps didn't win, but the ones with the best communication and synergy did. If the concern is based around Crusader and Landslide, then by all means ban them. But banning all weapon enchants seems pointless. As stated previously though it's Living's tournament and he can make the rules to be whatever he pleases. I'm trying to give back constructive feedback in my own opinion. As for "imbalance" there has yet to be a season both for tw1nks and at endgame where one or more class has been considerably stronger than others. I.E Cata Arcane Mages, MoP ele shamans, Wrath Ret pals or dks, BC Fury warrs, Vanilla Enhance shamans, WoD ferals. If imbalance is your foible then perhaps consider another game?

The last tournament proved that the strogest comps didn't win, but the ones with the best communication and synergy did. If the concern is based around Crusader and Landslide, then by all means ban them. But banning all weapon enchants seems pointless. As stated previously though it's Living's tournament and he can make the rules to be whatever he pleases. I'm trying to give back constructive feedback in my own opinion. As for "imbalance" there has yet to be a season both for tw1nks and at endgame where one or more class has been considerably stronger than others. I.E Cata Arcane Mages, MoP ele shamans, Wrath Ret pals or dks, BC Fury warrs, Vanilla Enhance shamans, WoD ferals. If imbalance is your foible then perhaps consider another game?
Right the game is already imbalanced, but that doesn't mean we can't counteract the imbalance. No weapon enchants promotes better play rather than relying on enchants. A ban on proc enchants should be a no brainer, the other enchants on the other hand is up for discussion. Thank you for your constructive criticism. And again it is up to Living in the end. Looking forward to this tourney.

Healers will be allowed weapon enchants that assist healing, DPS weapon enchants like Elemental Force will not be allowed for healers. Weapon enchants for everyone else will not be allowed, this in turn brings out more balanced competitive games. Healers need all the help they can get, giving weapon enchants to everyone else is not the answer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread