New Speed Twink 110 or 111

*noise*

I've already said that I just hit 111 and "Will see you in a couple of days / weeks ...".

In other words, you're slower than me.

Your average speed is NOT higher than ours, only your passive movement speed by a little bit as I pointed out.

Ive seen your numbers, they're not faster than me, in fact with my azurite procs im faster than you. Hence why I said you need to get the azurite gear :).

[It is the opposite. A 111 in the same gear as a 110 is faster because of the conversion ratio from rating to percentage and the available gems and enchants. I did the math, you did not.

Lolwut?

Let me do some math for you since yours sucks

I'll use crit as an example, you can apply it to any other secondary stat

lv 110 crit rating needed per %

lv 111 crit rating needed per %

The fact you said you get better conversion rates for secondary stats at 111, when it's universally known you need MORE rating per % as you level makes you look like an idiot.

If you want me to do more math for you let me know, i'll be happy to tutor you.

Your gems and enchants giving you +60? You have one socket and 2 slots to enchant and still have less haste than I do crit...so yeah that won't help you much.

Let's say I level to 111, i'd need an additional 128 crit rating just to go back to my crit chance, that would cancel out x2 ring enchants which would give me 98 rating (from+11 to +60) and since im using 5% speed for my socket i'd be worse off by 30 crit rating from levelling whilst in the SAME GEAR.

So next time you type something use that brain.

Last edited:
In other words, you're slower than me.
No.

Ive seen your numbers, they're not faster than me, in fact with my azurite procs im faster than you. Hence why I said you need to get the azurite gear :).
Your are not. Mine were without enemies to proc stuff. I would have been faster with and faster than you obviously.

The fact you said you get better conversion rates for secondary stats at 111, when it's universally known you need MORE rating per % as you level makes you look like an idiot.
I never said that. You missed the "and the available gems and enchants." As soon as a character gets 200+ gear with sockets a 110 is out. Which comes by time with raid and / or proc gear.

If you want me to do more math for you let me know, i'll be happy to tutor you.
Nah thanks, I'm good.

Your gems and enchants giving you +60? You have one socket and 2 slots to enchant and still have less haste than I do crit...so yeah that won't help you much.
Gems give +50. I only have 6 sockets atm but as I told you twice so far, this character is new. With more time ... more sockets.

Let's say I level to 111, i'd need an additional 128 crit rating just to go back to my crit chance, that would cancel out x2 ring enchants which would give me 98 rating (from+11 to +60) and since im using 5% speed for my socket i'd be worse off by 30 crit rating from levelling whilst in the SAME GEAR.
Use more gear with sockets and your 111 will benefit more.

So next time you type something use that brain.
Thanks, I will try that.

...im using 5% speed for my socket...

Does the 5% speed gem actually give 5%? I haven't seen much discussion on it since its new - but the lesser 3% speed gem was broken and didn't actually give 3% speed unless you didn't have any other speed modifiers.

Does the 5% speed gem actually give 5%? I haven't seen much discussion on it since its new - but the lesser 3% speed gem was broken and didn't actually give 3% speed unless you didn't have any other speed modifiers.
Both give what they say: 5% = 5%, 3% = 3%. Using them in 4 different sets and they all work like they should. They don't show up under "Speed" or "Speed rating" which is a different mechanic. It is a different story with meta gems or boot enchants.

The 5% gem works as advertised on my 111 druid, stacking with all other speed buffs.

Both give what they say: 5% = 5%, 3% = 3%. Using them in 4 different sets and they all work like they should. They don't show up under "Speed" or "Speed rating" which is a different mechanic. It is a different story with meta gems or boot enchants.

The 5% gem works as advertised on my 111 druid, stacking with all other speed buffs.

Interesting. Maybe it was fixed in 8.2. The wowhead comments for the 3% gem were very much in the "its broken and does basically nothing" camp for quite some time.

See https://www.wowhead.com/item=153715/straddling-viridium#comments

I may have to take a look at those now...

I may have to take a look at those now...
Tested it right now.
Had 185% with the +3% gems.
Put in a +50 haste gem, had 184%.
And without a gem 182%.
[doublepost=1564171358,1564170033][/doublepost]So, I am done for now with my "forced" haste gear.
Upgrades from now on will take some time. But I am quite happy with it.
/played @111 only 14 hours so far.
hSFLBFj.jpg

Okay noob question here. This looks like a lot of fun and now I kind of want to go try it.

Outside of it just being hilarious to out run mounts, what can you do with this?

I could not q for dungeons, islands, or pvp correct?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, just really curious.

Okay noob question here. This looks like a lot of fun and now I kind of want to go try it.
Outside of it just being hilarious to out run mounts, what can you do with this?

I could not q for dungeons, islands, or pvp correct?

Well, personally I never set out to make a speed twink. I wanted a wpvp twink to take on 120s, so I made a resto druid. The passive 170-180% runspeed really helps, but is not crucial. When you combine it with roots, vortex, travel form leap + parachute, massive selfheals, overtuned thorns and seriously good dmg due to wonky scaling... let's just say it's tons of fun.

I personally don't get the appeal to focus solely on runspeed twinking, but I've learned not to bash what others like. You like it - more power to you, enjoy the game as best as you can.

Farm old content. Even legion / bfa dungeons work, I do the hard content as prot. But I still was able to pull everything in Freehold before the 1st boss and kill him afterwards.

could not q for dungeons, islands, or pvp correct?
There are no dumb questions. PVP-wise, yeah that's a bummer since the change. Skirmish pops every now and then but that is it outside of world pvp.

You can still q for dungeons and enter an island in a group of 3.

Thank you for the nice responses. The reason I thought Dungeon Q's were a no go, was the fact of you get someone in the group with xpoff, the group got a experience Debuff.

I am not sure why I did not think about warmode and wpvp.
This has me now thinking about my toons that I do not want to lvl through BFA.
Warrior
DH
Druid
Mage
Priest
Rogue

Thanks all.

Thank you for the nice responses. The reason I thought Dungeon Q's were a no go, was the fact of you get someone in the group with xpoff, the group got a experience Debuff.

If you group with someone and queue, then they'll get the debuff. Just queueing is fine and they won't get the debuff.

When you wars/druids/whoever are all buffed up and moving along through old content (or w/e it is you use your speed twinks for), how fast are you going both in-combat and out of combat?

Wondering why DH aren't more popular since they reach insane speeds with the crafted leg boots.

Warrior
DH
Druid
Mage
Priest
Rogue
The answer is Warlock. :D
Still feel that chaos bolt which hit me yesterday for 39k. The lock was 111 too. But ... just play the class you like the most, doesn't really matter. All of them work.

When you wars/druids/whoever are all buffed up and moving along through old content (or w/e it is you use your speed twinks for), how fast are you going both in-combat and out of combat?

Wondering why DH aren't more popular since they reach insane speeds with the crafted leg boots.
That is really hard to tell.

When I did that test yesterday without enemies and worse gear I had 263% on average. BUT (yeah, I like to use that a lot) depending on procs, passive procs or on use trinkets and when you get those procs ... should be above 300% for dungeon farms but that is only a guess.

Haven't took notes or anything to see real numbers. The biggest difference in terms of speed for a twink like me are 3 types of trinkets, the rest of the gear will be the same. Passive Haste, On Use Haste and Proc Haste.

Depending on what you are doing ... a will be better than b and c or the other way around.

And Demon Hunters. You are right about that or all leather / mail wearers, being outside and the ability to fly instant can be more than good. I always was like "demon hunters suck because there aoe is terrible. Now they have their fire aoe so my point is mood."

And they are the only class imho which can still reach the passive cap of 230% + glide, fel rush etc. Would have been my 2nd choice if I didn't fell in love with warriors.

I tried that test, as horde. Got put into combat often, finished that run in 50 secs flat. Maybe I'm missing something lol

Good stuff with the ghost iron dragonling. I unfortunately don't have engineering to get the cogs (and don't care enough to truly min/max) - but I think 84 is the highest haste I've seen on a trinket. Even the super rare antorus legendary trinket only gives 71 - https://www.wowhead.com/item=154172/amanthuls-vision&bonus=4213 (though the 110 speed proc means its still theoretical BiS).

Th crafted rings are really hard to pass up on since they have a socket...but https://www.wowhead.com/item=154857 might be an option. Unlike most rares, it seems to be able to drop once per day...so you can theoretically get a +speed and a socket version...eventually...

I just made a few tweaks and got to 178% with only 4 sockets, HoA lvl 12, NO +speed, and no racial. Not too shabby for a side project.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/bloodscalp/Skullkid

Last edited:
Got a trinket with +speed
1ocCJwv.jpg

The only upgrades now should be ilvl200+ with a socket (and speed).

Users who are viewing this thread