My Hardcore F2P Account Journey

Should I ban Divine Shield + Hearthstone?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Conzil

F2P Legend
Intro
Sup y'all
I used to watch some of the Classic Hardcore videos back when they first did Road to Ragnaros back in 2021 / 2022 and now that Hardcore is making a comeback I've been inspired to try it out myself, the thing is... I don't play Classic, I play Retail F2P. So I thought I would do my own version of it: Fresh F2P Account and death = delete account.
Hopefully this will even inspire some of you to try it out too.

Rules
These are the rules that I will follow. However, you can play with whatever rules you want.

Death - You only have one life, if you die you must delete your account or leave it as a perma-ghost. (I would prefer if you left it as perma-ghost so that the armory stays alive)
Account - A new Battle.net for each attempt, this is so that you start fresh. Only one character is allowed on the account, the only exception is if you are making a Death Knight or Demon Hunter which requires you to have a level 10 on the account. But then you need to delete the alt after making the Death Knight or Demon Hunter. The Account has to be Free Trial so that all the F2P restrictions still apply, so no trading, using mailbox, or similar allowed.
Realm - Moon Guard US
Grouping - No grouping of of any kind allowed. This includes instanced groups such as dungeon and battlegrounds. The only exception to this is if Blizzard forces it through a quest like the Exile's Reach Dungeon or Legion intro
Buffs & Player Interaction - World and Player buffs, and assistance are permitted, so long as you DO NOT ASK for them.
Professions - No restrictions, all professions are allowed.
Player vs. Player - You can engage in open world PvP, if you so desire, However joining Battlegrounds is forbidden due to grouping.
Dungeons - Due to the grouping rule, the only way to do dungeons is by soloing them.
Talents - All talents are allowed - go wild!
Stream / Record - I recommend that you stream or record your gameplay, but it's of course not required.
Disconnecting - If you die due to a disconnect, you may be allowed to keep going if you have video evidence.
Addon
Please DM @Brihan for access to a super secret RealmChat addon that he as created. This will let us all talk to each other while online.
My Own Hardcore Adventure Updates
March 13 - Let the adventures begin.
March 14 - Dungeon Gearing
March 15 - More Dungeon Gearing
March 22 - An Unexpected Upgrade
March 27 - Blessed Run
March 28 - Misclick and Panic
April 1 - We Go Again
April 5 - BRB
April 17 - Zéle the Noble
April 23 - 1000 Achievement Points
April 27 - One Shotted
May 8 - Oooof
May 10 - New Rogue

Armory Links
Here are the armories links of all the Hardcore characters, if a character dies, I will move their armory link to the Graveyard section.
If you keep playing a character after its first death, you will be removed from both lists.

Let me know if you create a new character or if your character dies so that I can update the lists.
Also, let me know if I forgot to add or move one of your characters.

Alive
XPOff Tag​
Name​
Race​
Class​
Item Level​
Achievements​
Pandaren​
Shaman​
40​
155​
Worgen​
Hunter​
60​
1320​
Night Elf​
Druid​
31​
95​
Draenei​
Shaman​
53​
170​
Night Elf​
Druid​
84​
705​
Dwarf​
Shaman​
58​
445​
Night Elf​
Druid​
11​
90​
Night Elf​
Rogue​
60​
190​
Tauren​
Paladin​
70​
200​
Night Elf​
Monk​
57​
195​
Pandaren​
Rogue​
54​
475​
Draenei​
Shaman​
58​
440​
Human​
Warlock​
62​
720​
Night Elf​
Hunter​
44​
270​
Human​
Paladin​
59​
120​

Graveyard
XPOff Tag​
Name​
Race​
Class​
How They Died​
Where They Died​
Draenei​
Paladin​
Killed by elite Nok-Karosh
Worgen​
Hunter​
Killed by dungeon trash​
@Jugs
Dwarf​
Hunter​
Killed by unscaled Reed 'The Flirt' Fisc
Night Elf​
Druid​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Dwarf​
Hunter​
Killed by drowning​
Pandaren​
Warrior​
Died to Highmountain Protector guard​
Pandaren​
Monk​
Killed by unscaled Luna 'Stabby' Roscoe
Worgen​
Priest​
Killed by Mossfang Matriarch
Gnome​
Warlock​
Killed by floor damage​
Pandaren​
Monk​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Night Elf​
Death Knight​
Killed by Rastari Enforcer guard​
Dwarf​
Hunter​
Killed by dungeon trash
Gnome​
Mage​
Killed by unscaled Azsharan Crocolisk
Night Elf​
Druid​
Killed by fall damage​
Human​
Paladin​
Killed by Mossfang Matriarch
Gnome​
Rogue​
Killed by Horde Vanguard guard​
Human​
Paladin​
Killed by Horde Vanguard guard​
Human​
Rogue​
Killed by Wailing Siren
Gnome​
Priest​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Human​
Warlock​
Killed by Keristrasza
Blood Elf​
Priest​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Night Elf​
Demon Hunter​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Dwarf​
Death Knight​
Killed by Darkmoon Rabbit
Undead​
Hunter​
Killed by lava​
Night Elf​
Rogue​
Killed by fall damage​
Night Elf​
Druid​
Killed by fall damage​
Pandaren​
Rogue​
Killed by Grimrail Enforcers
Night Elf​
Druid​
@asa
Tauren​
Rogue​
Pandaren​
Shaman​
Killed by Redridge Basher while AFK​
Dwarf​
Warrior​
Killed by fall damage​
@asa
Draenei​
Paladin​
Killed by Quillrat Matriarch
@asa
Night Elf​
Priest​
Killed by unscaled Soul Goliath
Draenei​
Paladin​
Goblin​
Shaman​
Draenei​
Shaman​
Killed by fall damage​
Goblin​
Shaman​
Killed by fall damage​
Night Elf​
Hunter​
Killed by unscaled Beckett 'Salty Dog' Ogden
Draenei​
Shaman​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Dwarf​
Warlock​
Killed by dungeon trash​
Draenei​
Shaman​
Killed by dungeon trash​

This list is inactive until further notice, I will no longer add people to it, but I will move dead people to the graveyard when needed.​

Last edited:
March 13 Update - Let the adventures begin.

I decided to create a Paladin cause of Divine Shield, I think it's more likely that I die to some stupid fall damage than from actual mobs, so I think it might come in handy.
image.png

Alright, so I dinged level 20, which was my goal for today, tomorrow I will start gearing up a bit, maybe get some bags and other important stuff too.
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome Conz, excited to see the progress! will you just be updating the main thread or want a couple reserved additionals?

I was just thinking I would add a reply to the thread when I posted an update, as long as others don't turn this into a discussion thread it shouldn't be hard to follow, and if it gets too bad, I will just update main post

Sup y'all

I used to watch some of the Classic Hardcore videos back when they first did Road to Ragnaros back in 2021 / 2022 and now that Hardcore is making a comeback I've been inspired to try it out myself, the thing is... I don't play Classic, I play Retail F2P. So I thought I would do my own version of it: Fresh F2P Account and death = delete account.

This thread will be like my blog where I post updates about my journey, I might share some pictures, videos, or just stories about my adventure. Maybe I will even inspire some of you to try it out.

Rules

(These rules were taken from Classic Hardcore and edited a bit to fit my challenge better)

Death - You only have one life, if you die you must delete your account or leave it as a perma-ghost.

F2P Restrictions - All F2P restrictions still apply, so no trading, using mailbox, or similar allowed.

Grouping - No grouping of of any kind allowed. This includes instanced groups such as dungeon and battlegrounds. (The only exception to this is the Exile's Reach Dungeon)

Buffs & Player Interaction - World and Player buffs, and assistance are permitted, so long as you DO NOT ASK for them, or continue taking help.

Professions - No restrictions, all professions are allowed.

Player vs. Player - You can engage in open world PvP, if you so desire, However joining Battlegrounds is forbidden due to grouping.

Dungeons - Due to the grouping rule, the only way to do dungeons is by soloing them.

Talents - All talents are allowed - go wild!

Let the adventures begin.

I decided to create a Paladin cause of Divine Shield, I think it's more likely that I die to some stupid fall damage than from actual mobs, so I think it might come in handy.

image.png

2023-03-13 Update: Alright, so I dinged level 20, which was my goal for today, tomorrow I will start gearing up a bit, maybe get some bags and other important stuff too.

View attachment 22454
I'm gonna follow you around and throw snowballs at you during your journey.

the reason hardcore is entertaining and engaging is because of risk vs reward. if I finish this dungeon, i'm gonna be taking a big risk, but I might get some good rewards. divine shield + hearthstone would remove a lot of this very important aspect, making the challenge be less hardcore and more see how long you can farm before dying from lag/by accident.

you can still have the part of hardcore where you choose the safest character to play without this, this would actually enhance that part of hardcore because it balances things out. instead of everybody going pallys because they have a get out of jail free card, there would be some diversity in class choice because some people might feel they wouldn't need what pallys offer them.

March 14 Update - Dungeon Gearing

I decided to stream my adventures and I will probably keep doing that.

After buying full ilvl 39 in Pandaria I went straight to Draenor to start my gear grind. A near death experiences that ended with a panic Divine Shield + Hearthstone I decided that I needed the stealth ring, this will save me a lot of time in my runs.

Eventually I killed the final boss and I've gotten enough ilvl 61s to solo the dungeon fairly easily so that's what I will do in the next few days :)

1678818831921.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread