[MOP] Dashas F2P Shaman Guide

re: Dashas F2P Shaman Guide

[MENTION=17021]Titanshand[/MENTION]

Title says resto not enhancment.

My god, I am an idiot. I mean really, what was I thinking? Since I have made a fool of myself, I must leave.

Nice guide. Thumbs up!

One question left. Do you recommend being hitcapped for purge and windshear as resto?

Through talents i think only lightning bolt and flameshock are 15%. But your Armory list doesnt
contain hitgear.

Or do you think it's personal choice?

Cheers
Gattuso

Tobinofear, I personally definitely want to be hitcapped as resto! The hit bug is so annoying at the moment, I've stacked as much hit as possible on Yseult. Feel like I'm missing less, but any missed purges and windshears are game-breaking.

Edit: Oh, remembered you haven't played in a while. :) Just in case you missed the change with all the MoP differences: When hit is not bugged resto profits from Spiritual Insight so was hit capped automatically. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey Yde,

thanks for your input.

I personally also try to be hitcapped with every toon. E.g. disc priest for not missing a fear although the dmg spells are hitcapped by talent.

I could only imagine to not being hitcapped as FC as you try to max out stam and would loose too much stam with hit items.

Cheers
Gattuso

Hey Yde,

thanks for your input.

I personally also try to be hitcapped with every toon. E.g. disc priest for not missing a fear although the dmg spells are hitcapped by talent.

I could only imagine to not being hitcapped as FC as you try to max out stam and would loose too much stam with hit items.

Cheers
Gattuso
I edited too late, just in case:
Edit: Oh, remembered you haven't played in a while. :) Just in case you missed the change with all the MoP differences: When hit is not bugged resto profits from Spiritual Insight so was hit capped automatically. :)

Edit: even though it's missing from the tooltip, Purge and WS profited from that talent, same with all healer spell hit talents. Nonetheless I try to make sure to hit cap for all categories on all toons. ^^

Hey, nope. I did play the whole time. Just switched completely to my home zone EU for playing @ peek hour BG's.
Now i'm just about to clone my f2p chars to EU :)

Didnt know that Spiritual Insight counts also for purge and shear. In that case you really dont need
to get hitgear (If they fix the bg bug).

Cheers
Kinski

Yes hit is weird atm. I have since 5.2 worn my FC set almost exclussivly due to the big dmg buffs most classes got and switching gear sets will bug the resil/crit. Im gonna wait a little to see where hit cap will be before throwing around sets/creating new ones.

Nice guide man - I wouldn't knock the Totem talent, placing around a corner or next to a tree stump helps. In a mad "getting blown up" scenario the extra second u get from absorbs saved my bacon plenty of times. I like to play, as your guide recommends for space goats, in a supporting role but im a nab with macro's. I was wondering if you or someone could write out a macro for cast talent (e.g totem, astral shift etc), fake cast heal,heal macro. Obviously everyone who I face may wait for my talent to go before ccing me but imnstill very old school (/shit) with too many spells on action bars and next to no macros! Cheers

@billymàys

Natures guardian is pretty much a heal except you dont have to cast it. While you're finding a corner I can continue healing my team.

No need to make talent macros with Natures Guardian. Fakevasting macro is simply going into keybinds and bind the abort key to the key you wish or simply make a macro called /stopcasting and bind the macro.

The best healing macros in my opinion is the
#showtooltip spell
/cast [@mouseover] spell

2 of these, one where you replace spell with surge and one witb riptide.
If you dont know how mouseover works its simply that you dont need to target your target, simply hold your hoovering over either their portrate or their character when you click the keybind you bound the macros to and it will heal them.

Users who are viewing this thread