[MOP] Dashas F2P Shaman Guide

re: Dashas F2P Shaman Guide

Thanks very much for the tips! Yes I'm aware of mouse overing etc. I'll give Natures Guardian a go and start setting up some macro's! Cheers.

neet guide! for your /stopcasting macros, I have found that typing /stopcasting twice works better, it sometimes bugged when I only wrote it once..

#showtooltip Wind Shear
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Wind Shear

:)

neet guide! for your /stopcasting macros, I have found that typing /stopcasting twice works better, it sometimes bugged when I only wrote it once..

#showtooltip Wind Shear
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Wind Shear

:)

nvr had the problem so I will keep it the way it is.

About dwarves, the mace specialization has it use for every spec. Since MoP 1%expertise = 1% spell hit so it's 1% hit for free since you'll always use the mace loom with both Resto and Elemental.

Will add.

A minor point about the macros, you don't need to make a macro with the player character's name, you can just use "Player" like you do in you purge/cleanse macro anyway. Then people can just copy paste. I personally use the built in alt-modifier for self cast though, but the macros give other options for binds which is good.

Your riptide macro shows healing surge tooltip and macro, because you specified with "#showtooltip Healing Surge", all you need is "#showtooltip" and it will automatically show the tooltip of the spell being cast. This will also enable your cleanse/purge macro to change icon depending on whether your target is friendly/enemy. Mostly cosmetic, but kinda nifty IMO.

Great guide btw, now make one for ele and enh :D

P.S. maybe add a mouse over wind shear macro, sometimes more useful than focus in bgs? When there's more than one enemy healer in a fight for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

A minor point about the macros, you don't need to make a macro with the player character's name, you can just use "Player" like you do in you purge/cleanse macro anyway. Then people can just copy paste. I personally use the built in alt-modifier for self cast though, but the macros give other options for binds which is good.

Your riptide macro shows healing surge tooltip and macro, because you specified with "#showtooltip Healing Surge", all you need is "#showtooltip" and it will automatically show the tooltip of the spell being cast. This will also enable your cleanse/purge macro to change icon depending on whether your target is friendly/enemy. Mostly cosmetic, but kinda nifty IMO.

Great guide btw, now make one for ele and enh :D

P.S. maybe add a mouse over wind shear macro, sometimes more useful than focus in bgs? When there's more than one enemy healer in a fight for instance.

Ehm ye I suppose I could fix that. I might expand to ele/enh if I have the time but it would take alot of time but I suppose I could do it over a few days. I have expanded my ingame wind shear macro to do mouseover with ctrl I will add it to the guide once I get home.

Thanks

To lurkers: Feedback or if you find typos or something feel free to shout.

I think you meant "hover" when you wrote "hoover" at places, like in the macro section. Not a big deal but just thought you ought to know.

at lvl 20 for support should be panda or dorf, draenei is garbage race probably not even worth mentioning. I unfortunately rolled one a while ago and regret it a lot - low sale value.My suggestion is put looks/pontyails instead of support .

Also only furries play those draenei, worgen ,etc. Hit %is a waste because you are capped by spirit, most likely you are aldready resto why do you even need gotn which triggers a gcd, and is a flat 20% heal dispersed into a 15 second period.

JC heavy statues sucked before and even moreso with battle fatigue. The race literally has ZERO useful perks and only good in a premade babysitted

at lvl 20 for support should be panda or dorf, draenei is garbage race probably not even worth mentioning. I unfortunately rolled one a while ago and regret it a lot - low sale value.My suggestion is put looks/pontyails instead of support .

Also only furries play those draenei, worgen ,etc. Hit %is a waste because you are capped by spirit, most likely you are aldready resto why do you even need gotn which triggers a gcd, and is a flat 20% heal dispersed into a 15 second period.

JC heavy statues sucked before and even moreso with battle fatigue. The race literally has ZERO useful perks and only good in a premade babysitted

the hit is useful if you wanna play another spec.
going panda requires you to get melee cap which will cost u a few stats making it a pretty bad choice for resto itself aswell but useful for enh/ele.

the hit is useful if you wanna play another spec.
going panda requires you to get melee cap which will cost u a few stats making it a pretty bad choice for resto itself aswell but useful for enh/ele.
plus draenei are fucking cool

great guide, bonus points for adding in that goblins are the best H fc ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread