[Mists Of Pandaria] Curley's Rogue Guide

Diiesel said:
Update your guide.. Nom Nom Nom.. " 4.1 BiS Rogue gear with Grandfathered "

Curleys Rogue 527 AP

Diiesels Rogue 578 AP

Both hit capped, and both Human. Wow! Winning!

But where is ur extra hit and expertise. I have 3 percent more hit 100 more HP 10 more expertise. If you were going all glasscannon that would be better. And also use smelting pants btw. Also chardev is'nt working properly i put my exact gear on chardev and i have 551 AP so u gain 26 AP lose prob 1-2 crit lose 100 hp, 3 hit chance, and 10 expertise . Pretty obvious IMO which is better. All you gain is 5 topend damage.

Concerning "the best" race of a 19 twink rogue:

Humans and worgen are on the top of your list. Humans because of having a built-in super-pvp trinket which opens up for another AGM. Worgen because of darkflight and crit.

But I have taken a liking to the gnome race.

Arcane resistance: not doing much, but vs arcane shot it does help a bit. Nothing to ultimately tip the scales though.

Escape artist: does not share CD with the pvp-trinket, and can be a lifesaver. A human can only use one escape-mecanism as the pvp-trinket shares CD with the pvp-trinket. Sure, 120 more HP is welcome but a hunter can quickly weather that extra HP down while you are slowed. Though I do admit that the extra 1000hp shield is pretty awesome. ShS helps out of course, but a failsafe-button such as escape artist can be a lifesaver. Worgen has darkflight, but when slowed it doesn't really help out that much I think.

Shortblade specialization: this is where it gets interesting to me. Foreman's gloves gives you 5 expertise, which means parry/dodge vs other twinks are down to 2,5 %. Swords are BIS (shadowfang > venerable dal'rend). Using swords nets 3 extra expertise for gnomes, which brings it down to 1,75 % dodge and parry. This seems to me to secure an even more stable rogue.

My view: gnome[escape artist+3 expertise] > human[innate pvp-trinket+120hp(AGM)] > worgen[darkflight+extra crit]

I'd like to hear your take on the gnomish race in a lvl 19 twink perspective, compared with the other races. PS: I only focus on alliance as that's my faction, so I don't care that much about the horde races ;).

Thanks in advance

Edit: I do realize every man for himself with 2 min cd is a great advantage. I just thought that gnomes weren't that well thought of and wanted some thoughts on it.

Henrettiette said:
Concerning "the best" race of a 19 twink rogue:

Humans and worgen are on the top of your list. Humans because of having a built-in super-pvp trinket which opens up for another AGM. Worgen because of darkflight and crit.

But I have taken a liking to the gnome race.

Arcane resistance: not doing much, but vs arcane shot it does help a bit. Nothing to ultimately tip the scales though.

Escape artist: does not share CD with the pvp-trinket, and can be a lifesaver. A human can only use one escape-mecanism as the pvp-trinket shares CD with the pvp-trinket. Sure, 120 more HP is welcome but a hunter can quickly weather that extra HP down while you are slowed. Though I do admit that the extra 1000hp shield is pretty awesome. ShS helps out of course, but a failsafe-button such as escape artist can be a lifesaver. Worgen has darkflight, but when slowed it doesn't really help out that much I think.

Shortblade specialization: this is where it gets interesting to me. Foreman's gloves gives you 5 expertise, which means parry/dodge vs other twinks are down to 2,5 %. Swords are BIS (shadowfang > venerable dal'rend). Using swords nets 3 extra expertise for gnomes, which brings it down to 1,75 % dodge and parry. This seems to me to secure an even more stable rogue.

My view: gnome[escape artist+3 expertise] > human[innate pvp-trinket+120hp(AGM)] > worgen[darkflight+extra crit]

I'd like to hear your take on the gnomish race in a lvl 19 twink perspective, compared with the other races. PS: I only focus on alliance as that's my faction, so I don't care that much about the horde races ;).

Thanks in advance

Edit: I do realize every man for himself with 2 min cd is a great advantage. I just thought that gnomes weren't that well thought of and wanted some thoughts on it.

You forgot humans also get 3 expertise from swords and maces.

I would rather have the top end considering ambush is our primary damage source and a majority of our burst is done right out of stealth. Your taking the extra hit like you will have a ton of time on target when in reality you will be dead if they arnt in the initial 5 seconds. GG though.

Edit, btw, you go waste the 5 extra top end on more hit, I will just pop my hit pot and be fine on hit rating.

I am going to have to see I agree with Diiesel on this one. You dont need more hit then 10 and if your that insecure about hit, dont be lazy and just pop a potion.

Diiesel said:
I would rather have the top end considering ambush is our primary damage source and a majority of our burst is done right out of stealth. Your taking the extra hit like you will have a ton of time on target when in reality you will be dead if they arnt in the initial 5 seconds. GG though.

Edit, btw, you go waste the 5 extra top end on more hit, I will just pop my hit pot and be fine on hit rating.
link your rogues armory I wanna see ur crit AP etc

Diiesel said:

Theres other pots you know, some with AP. but when a main source of damage is auto attacks the hit is helpful. If you miss one of those hits you can lose a 1v1, seeing as they usually range from 115-250

Diiesel said:
Update your guide.. Nom Nom Nom.. " 4.1 BiS Rogue gear with Grandfathered "

Curleys Rogue 527 AP

Diiesels Rogue 578 AP

Both hit capped, and both Human. Wow! Winning!

Curleys rogue also has 200 more hp, 3% more hit, 3% more hit, and expertise. Your set is all for the ambush. If i was rolling dagger ambush ( which i wouldnt anyway ) id roll your set.

Dutchman said:
Curleys rogue also has 200 more hp, 3% more hit, 3% more hit, and expertise. Your set is all for the ambush. If i was rolling dagger ambush ( which i wouldnt anyway ) id roll your set.

He lose 1-2 crit but gains 26 AP which is very insignificant. Me gaining 10 more expertise rating, 200 health, 1-2 crit, 3 percent hit is by far better than 26 AP. I'm sorry Diiesel i don't understnad why you think ambush is are main source of damage. Think about it your not gonna just be ambushing. When out of stealth that extra HP or extra crit etc can be the diff of you killing the efc. How would 5 more dmg rly do anything???

yo so im wondering if i had spirit weapons what weapons would i have the enchants on?

Why? When it has no spirit. Curleynerd is bad, all I can think of atm is a 2/2 of the whale green. A wowhead search should help you out though.

Users who are viewing this thread