List of Quests That Can Proc Epic (ilvl 87)

Dragpz

Grandfathered
This is not fully tested, but any corrections/additions are welcome. Quests marked as Green, reward a green, but can upgrade to a blue ilvl 61, and double upgrade to an epic ilvl 87. Quests marked as Blue, will grant a guaranteed a blue ilvl 61, and have a chance to upgrade to an epic ilvl 87. If you need some basic gear, BFA rares drop ilvl 61, and SL rares have a chance to proc to ilvl 67.

Tip!!: I also recommend starting your Legion Order Hall (starts in Legion Dalaran) and picking up the Order Hall Upgrade that doubles the chance for quests to proc rare/epic. The Upgrade NPC is unlocked after choosing an Artifact weapon and clearing the first two mission table quests. Only affects Legion quests. It is also recommended to build a Garrison Inn for the dailies that can warforge.

BFA Quests
Tiragarde Sound (A)

The Deadliest Catch - Weapon
Enemy Within - Waist/Shoes
For Kul Tiras! - Ring/Shoes
Hands off my Booty - Wrist/Back
Warm and Cozy- Waist/Back

Drustvar (A)

Controlling the Situation - Trinket
One Last Request - Wrist
Fighting with Fire - Ring/Back
Odds and Ends - OH/Shield/Hands
Hold the Barricade! - Waist/Wrist
A Traitor's Death - Hands/Legs
Witchrending - Wrist/Feet
Out With the Old Boss - Weapon

Zul'Dazar (H)
Headhunter Jo - Weapon
Warmother - Ring/Back
Mistress of Lies - Weapon
A Special Stone (A/H) - Waist/Back

Nazmir (H)

Containment Procedure - Weapon
Field Evaluation - Ring/Legs
Krag'wa the Terrible - Feet/Hands
Target of Opportunity - Waist/Legs

Legion Quests
Bringer of the Light - Wrist/Shoulder
(+Trinket, the rare inside the scenario can also proc ilvl 87)

Azsuna -
Feasting on the Dragon - Chest/Hands
The Fate of Queen's Reprisal (A)/The Fate of Queen's Reprisal (H) - Chest/Cloak
The Prince is Going Down - Neck/Belt
The Headmistress' Keys (Capstone) - Neck/Wrist
Save Yourself (Capstone) - Legs/Boots
Eye of Azshara: The Tides of Golganneth (Capstone) - Belt

Val'sharah -
Maiev's Trail - Wrist/Back
The Tears of Elune (Capstone) - Chest
Darkheart Thicket: Enter the Nightmare (Dungeon) - Boots

Highmountain -
Titanic Showdown - Hands/Ring
Moose on the Loose - Neck
Guhruhlruhruh (requires completion of Bloodtotem line) - Belt/Wrist
Oh the Clawdacity! - Legs/Shoulders
The Underking (Capstone) - Head/Shoulders
The Hammer of Khaz'goroth (Capstone) - Hands

Stormheim -
Cut out the Heart (A) - Wrist/Shoulders
A Gift for Greymane (H) - Wrist/Shoulders
Ending the New Beginning (A)/A New Life for Undeath (H) - Head/Trinket
Aegis of Aggramar (Capstone) - Legs

Dungeon Quests
Most dungeon quests can proc epic ilv 87, with the exception of Class Weapon Quests (Class Helmet quests work), and Assault on Violet Hold: Purple Rain. I have also not confirmed that the Zul'drak questline procs i87 either though. There are still over 100+ quests in total to choose from, though I believe most dungeons quests acquired inside the dungeon can proc, and most expacs (Vanilla,TBC,Wrath,MoP,WoD(Inn),Legion) will proc as max ilvl epics.

Raw Dungeon Quest List: Dungeon Quests

BC/Gemmed Dungeon Item List: BC Gemmed Gear

It's probably more important to get a BC dungeon quest proc anyways, because it will allow you to socket ilvl 87 gems/Shadowlands gems like Revitalizing Jewel Doublet/Straddling Jewel Doublet.

Garrison Inn Daily Quests
Garrison Inns have several dungeon-related quests that rewards a crate that can potentially warforge, but not proc a socket or a tertiary.

Will this get nerfed? Probably. Will it get GF'ed, idk. Still, if you are looking from a break from farming WoD Dungeons for that sweet, sweet 0.3% chance at Warforged + Socket + Tert, it might be worth looking through some of these quest rewards.

Last edited:
Will this get nerfed? Probably.

Not really feeling that it will this time, only for the fact that it shouldnt impact normal leveling or PvP too much.

Definitely more threat from PvE, kids getting bent that a twink was running and killing the dungeon too fast, boo hoo.... I think in PvP that the gear itself becomes too weak too quickly to be "abused" and too much XP to collect enough to matter.

Good info, hope it expands!

Great post, thanks for this.

Though it made me sad as I’ve done all these quests sadly already COPIUM

Looks like I’m going for that sweet WF + socket. I think I’m dreaming if I want the full WF + socket + tert.

I can see people with some BC proc purple items having a heap of SL gems will have a powerful HoT and some decent speed on them :FrogeConcern:

May i know what these "class helmet quests" are?

At level 20, we get a few class quests. One of those are dungeon class quests that offer a unique weapon and another a unique helmet, here is an example of one that offers a helmet:

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=28473/weapons-of-darkness

It usually sends you into BRD and you can pick it up from your class trainer usually
And here is an epic proc from the Druid Quest:

YIhtXeO.png

Last edited:
Thanks a lot it will be a great way to start gearing with decent gear in order to start wod dungeons for solo f2p or even for classes like rogue or mage which cannot solo at all.
Just to add there is a quest named Guhruhlruhlruh avaiable to both Horde and Alliance in Highmountain in the Stonedark Grotto given by Damrul the Stronk which rewards with a belt or a wrist piece able to go ilvl 87. This is a side quest so if you just do the main questlines you won't get it.
Once again thanks for gathering that info awesome job you did man.

Looks like I’m going for that sweet WF + socket. I think I’m dreaming if I want the full WF + socket + tert.

I can see people with some BC proc purple items having a heap of SL gems will have a powerful HoT and some decent speed on them :FrogeConcern:
Same for me, I already did most of that, if not all.

Maybe you can see it as being an OG and not a reroller.

Thanks a lot it will be a great way to start gearing with decent gear in order to start wod dungeons for solo f2p or even for classes like rogue or mage which cannot solo at all.
Just to add there is a quest named Guhruhlruhlruh avaiable to both Horde and Alliance in Highmountain in the Stonedark Grotto given by Damrul the Stronk which rewards with a belt or a wrist piece able to go ilvl 87. This is a side quest so if you just do the main questlines you won't get it.
Once again thanks for gathering that info awesome job you did man.

Nice, thanks for that, I was able to confirm that the rare upgrade can proc to dungeon ilvl 61, and the epic can proc to 87, thanks

Curious about Lockboxes.. Anyone try opening them and see if it procs epic or sockets? It used to be able to ie. the ghost iron boxes.. I just opened a frost box.. Got an ilvl66 green.. Have a toon holding all my Lockboxes.. But wanna find out exactly what's going on before sending them to the right toons to loot

Got the following questing as a Horde through Zuldazar on my level 10.
rastariwaist.jpg
rastari.jpg
machetejo.jpg

I didn't make note of it, but I had a ring upgrade to epic level 29 in like...I forgrt the expansion.

Last edited:
Hi sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I was wondering if it’s worth it to re roll a character if you don’t get an epic upgrade from TBC dungeons? I’m new to this as I mainly play retail end game, but twinkling has definitely interested me. Also would a hunter be able to solo the TBC dungeons, if so how? And finally is there a stat priority for twinks? Appreciate any response. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread