List of Quests That Can Proc Epic (ilvl 87)

Hi sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I was wondering if it’s worth it to re roll a character if you don’t get an epic upgrade from TBC dungeons? I’m new to this as I mainly play retail end game, but twinkling has definitely interested me. Also would a hunter be able to solo the TBC dungeons, if so how? And finally is there a stat priority for twinks? Appreciate any response. Thanks

I would say it's worth it if you're on a fresh character, but the only slots worth rerolling for are the ones with more than one gem slot, like chest/boots/shoulders. You can always farm for purple+single socketed items in WoD, though at like a 1% drop chance.

As a hunter, you can solo most dungeons with careful pulling and Ice Trap. You can open with Kill Command, make sure Growl is turned on, and Feign Death to drop aggro onto your pet. You can also Revive Pet while under Aspect of the Turtle, so thats a good trick. I also recommend going BM, getting a Spirit Beast, and pick up the talent that makes the pet do 30% more Damage/Healing. You can take Spirit Mend off auto-cast and use it to heal yourself for tricky boss fights.

Spirit beasts are here:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=spiritbeast
Easiest = Probably Lightning Paw, Arcturis, or Loque'Narak
Fastest = Spirit Porcupines (You will need to use Concussive Shot and kite) - Hutia, Gumi, Degu

Not really feeling that it will this time, only for the fact that it shouldnt impact normal leveling or PvP too much.

Definitely more threat from PvE, kids getting bent that a twink was running and killing the dungeon too fast, boo hoo.... I think in PvP that the gear itself becomes too weak too quickly to be "abused" and too much XP to collect enough to matter.

Good info, hope it expands!
Lol I don’t know how many times I’ve gotten booted from groups because I was fury tanking. Even when it’s more than half way through the run and I’m doing all the dpa healing and tanking. I’ve always play warrior twink at various lvl ever since wotlk expac and this always happen when they see my twink going fury. It’s funny how stupid some people are.

I would say it's worth it if you're on a fresh character, but the only slots worth rerolling for are the ones with more than one gem slot, like chest/boots/shoulders. You can always farm for purple+single socketed items in WoD, though at like a 1% drop chance.

As a hunter, you can solo most dungeons with careful pulling and Ice Trap. You can open with Kill Command, make sure Growl is turned on, and Feign Death to drop aggro onto your pet. You can also Revive Pet while under Aspect of the Turtle, so thats a good trick. I also recommend going BM, getting a Spirit Beast, and pick up the talent that makes the pet do 30% more Damage/Healing. You can take Spirit Mend off auto-cast and use it to heal yourself for tricky boss fights.

Spirit beasts are here:
https://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=spiritbeast
Easiest = Probably Lightning Paw, Arcturis, or Loque'Narak
Fastest = Spirit Porcupines (You will need to use Concussive Shot and kite) - Hutia, Gumi, Degu
Wow this is great advice thanks so much! So it’s probably worth getting to 20 asap select chrome time BC and do those quests, then if they don’t roll epic in the slots re roll character and rinse repeat correct?

Wow this is great advice thanks so much! So it’s probably worth getting to 20 asap select chrome time BC and do those quests, then if they don’t roll epic in the slots re roll character and rinse repeat correct?

Correct. For hunter, you're really looking at 2-3 items, the belt, the chest, and boots. (https://www.wowhead.com/items/max-r...95:80:128:166;1:7:6:2;0:0:0:0#items;type=Mail). Wrist isn't really worth re-rerolling for.

Pretty much, if you have the time and are willing to grind for it, these would probably be the most worthwhile to grind for because they will make soloing much easier with the SL gems slotted. I will say though that the PVP scene for 20s has been dead, so PVE has sorta become the meta, so whether or not it's "worth it" is kinda subjective. Even the most geared 20 will not stand a chance against a 29, so it is up to you

Quest: Recruiting Efforts
gs_buckler.jpg

Quest: Agamaggan's Charge
noblepath.jpg

Quest: Pork Chop
sss.jpg

Quest: Disarmament
tsp.jpg

Quest: The Breaker and Mind the Gap
upload_2023-1-27_18-46-53.png

Quest: Recruiting Efforts
upload_2023-1-27_18-47-23.png

Quest: Stealing Their Thunder
upload_2023-1-27_18-47-49.png

This is not fully tested, but any corrections/additions are welcome. Quests marked as Green, reward a green, but can upgrade to a blue ilvl 61, and double upgrade to an epic ilvl 87. Quests marked as Blue, will grant a guaranteed a blue ilvl 61, and have a chance to upgrade to an epic ilvl 87. If you need some basic gear, BFA rares drop ilvl 61, and SL rares have a chance to proc to ilvl 67.

Tip!!: I also recommend starting your Legion Order Hall (starts in Legion Dalaran) and picking up the Order Hall Upgrade that doubles the chance for quests to proc rare/epic. The Upgrade NPC is unlocked after choosing an Artifact weapon and clearing the first two mission table quests. Only affects Legion quests.

BFA Quests
Tiragarde Sound (A)

The Deadliest Catch - Weapon
Enemy Within - Waist/Shoes
For Kul Tiras! - Ring/Shoes
Hands off my Booty - Wrist/Back
Warm and Cozy- Waist/Back

Drustvar (A)
Controlling the Situation - Trinket
One Last Request - Wrist
Fighting with Fire - Ring/Back
Odds and Ends - OH/Shield/Hands
Hold the Barricade! - Waist/Wrist
A Traitor's Death - Hands/Legs
Witchrending - Wrist/Feet
Out With the Old Boss - Weapon

Zul'Dazar (H)
Headhunter Jo - Weapon
Warmother - Ring/Back
Mistress of Lies - Weapon
A Special Stone (A/H) - Waist/Back

Nazmir (H)

Containment Procedure - Weapon
Field Evaluation - Ring/Legs
Krag'wa the Terrible - Feet/Hands
Target of Opportunity - Waist/Legs

Legion Quests
Bringer of the Light - Wrist/Shoulder
(+Trinket, the rare inside the scenario can also proc ilvl 87)

Azsuna -
Feasting on the Dragon - Chest/Hands
The Fate of Queen's Reprisal (A)/The Fate of Queen's Reprisal (H) - Chest
The Prince is Going Down - Neck/Belt
The Headmistress' Keys (Capstone) - Neck/Wrist
Save Yourself (Capstone) - Legs/Boots
Eye of Azshara: The Tides of Golganneth (Capstone) - Belt

Val'sharah -
Maiev's Trail - Wrist/Back
The Tears of Elune (Capstone) - Chest
Darkheart Thicket: Enter the Nightmare (Dungeon) - Boots

Highmountain -
Titanic Showdown - Hands/Ring
Moose on the Loose - Neck
Guhruhlruhruh (requires completion of Bloodtotem line) - Belt/Wrist
Oh the Clawdacity! - Legs/Shoulders
The Underking (Capstone) - Head/Shoulders
The Hammer of Khaz'goroth (Capstone) - Hands

Stormheim -
Cut out the Heart (A) - Wrist/Shoulders
A Gift for Greymane (H) - Wrist/Shoulders
Ending the New Beginning (A)/A New Life for Undeath (H) - Head/Trinket
Aegis of Aggramar (Capstone) - Legs

Dungeon Quests

Most dungeon quests can proc epic ilv 87, with the exception of Class Weapon Quests (Class Helmet quests work), and Assault on Violet Hold: Purple Rain. I have also not confirmed that the Zul'drak questline procs i87 either though. There are still over 100+ quests in total to choose from

Raw Dungeon Quest List: Dungeon Quests

BC/Gemmed Dungeon Item List: BC Gemmed Gear

It's probably more important to get a BC dungeon quest proc anyways, because it will allow you to socket ilvl 87 gems/Shadowlands gems like Revitalizing Jewel Doublet/Straddling Jewel Doublet.

Will this get nerfed? Probably. Will it get GF'ed, idk. Still, if you are looking from a break from farming WoD Dungeons for that sweet, sweet 0.3% chance at Warforged + Socket + Tert, it might be worth looking through some of these quest rewards.

Question. If I faction chage, do these reset to be able to do them again? BC/Gemmed Dungeon Item List: BC Gemmed Gear

It looks like artifact weapons are back on the menu boys.
The special items we used to power them up to ilvl 31-33 now scales with the new ilvl.
This needs further testing but it looks like we can reach ilvl 87 on some quests.
Right now my Strom'kar has an ilvl 41 and an ilvl 61 "sockets" (sry I don't remember the name) and it makes it an ilvl 53 weapon. I had no proc to epic nor rare so maybe it cannot upgrade anymore, this needs further testing but if it still can then it mean ele force (for example) isn't GF'ed for newer characters.
From the looks of it, it seems like some quests have a 37/47/57 ilvl others have the 41/54/67 and the final "artifact socket" quest has an ilvl of 61/87 if it can proc.
Is an enchanted Strom'kar better than the Rivendare blade? Prolly not. Is ele force worth it on DH or Monk? Yeeeeep.

If you already did the quests, your artifact weapon will stay at its former ilvl (33 for example) and you're toasted.
Not a big deal anyways, especially if they removed the epic proc chance but a funny thing nontheless.

On my old priest I had my staff socketed and it didn't went up so I guess you had quite the prophetic intuition here :)

If someone wanted to see if dual epic proc'd relics pushes the ilvl of artifact weapons up to 87 (or beyond) allowing for use of otherwise GF'd enchants, I'd recommend copying a level 20 who hasnt done the Legion quests to the PTR several times. That way, you avoid having to level multiple toons just to test.

One day, theyll allow F2Ps to use the PTR and I'll be able to just test stuff all willynilly like but until then...

I don't think it works. I'm pretty sure I tried it with two higher ilvl relicts, but the weapon ilvl was capped at heirloom ilvl.

They don’t. Relic’d Artifacts currently are capping and giving stats the same as a boa heirloom would.

any different ilvl or stats presented is a tooltip bug which you’ll have to test on a different toon

Hi sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I was wondering if it’s worth it to re roll a character if you don’t get an epic upgrade from TBC dungeons? I’m new to this as I mainly play retail end game, but twinkling has definitely interested me. Also would a hunter be able to solo the TBC dungeons, if so how? And finally is there a stat priority for twinks? Appreciate any response. Thanks

Kind of, as of now prior to any future nerf or fix on pre-Dragonflight enchanting it depends on your play-style.

Basically, for min-max a necklace enchant one is limited to ilvl <= 60 thus if one doesn't grab one before level 19 (btw 10-19 a necklace via WoD Warforged and LFD bag dungeon rewards via a few areas can proc to around ilvl 59) than you are struck with the ilvl 54 Heirloom necklace to enchant at level 20 bc at level 20 most of your blue or purple drops will be greater than ilvl 60 (minus a few in Warlords drops can get to ilvl 57 but not many necklace options). The heirloom usage is not as bad if you do not go for the Minor Speed enchant and can use the speed gems to fill in the primary stat gems etc.

Secondary is for min-max one is limited to Minor Speed enchant on a feet item if ilvl <= 50 - again besides a few LoTWK quest items that are blue ilvl 47 this one is harder without crating one with a Relic of the Past. Again, with this item your total ilvl is lower than a full ilvl 87 in all slot motif.

Once one gets the boot and necklace, then level to 20 and seeking out the ilvl 87 gear, thus it not as simple as running a toon to level 20 and doing the quests as mentioned in the OP for a chance at a ilvl 87 proc.

The key is some of the socketed quest gear from Burning Croisades even without proc'ing to ilvl 87 can be greater stats with +3 primary gems than the ilvl 87 tertiary and single-socket lottery via the WoD dungeons runs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread