Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss.

Re: Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss

i would argue they are "republican conservative fox news bullshitters' exist in large part because their faith. if you polled the party or those viewers they would be pretty staunch theists, regardless of faction. in fact their belief in the republican party is in large part faith since they refuse to open their eyes and see big money rule the party and not follow any of their real values, but trust it to work and do whats best. but thats for a different thread. i would argue take away their faith and they would be a lot more liberal, and swallow a lot less faux news BS
Liberals are theists too, anyways, repubs are just old farts and liberals are young guns, going to be that way forever

Re: Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss

Liberals are theists too, anyways, repubs are just old farts and liberals are young guns, going to be that way forever

Not without religion. Then you would see the republican party diminish as the old farts died and not get any new guns and perhaps a new party or more would form. No more religion = working out at the gym granddads instead.

There's nothing to believe in.
Of course there are many things to believe in. You don't have to believe in religion, but there are other things.

I feel bad for you being misslead by a man in a dress fucking children into thinking there's a point of everything.
Unfortunately in that era, everyone wore tunics and cloaks, even your ancestors. Some people believe what religion has taught them and others believe in science. Everyone believes in something, even if it was taught in grade school as a fact.

Unfortunately in that era, everyone wore tunics and cloaks, even your ancestors. Some people believe what religion has taught them and others believe in science. Everyone believes in something, even if it was taught in grade school as a fact.

Ye the 2000s was a terrible era. Beliving in science, seriously? You don't need science to know there's no old fart up on the clouds smiting people. If you weren't taught about evolution in school you went to a shitty school.

Ye the 2000s was a terrible era. Beliving in science, seriously? You don't need science to know there's no old fart up on the clouds smiting people. If you weren't taught about evolution in school you went to a shitty school.
Obviously you're very misguided about God. But I did take evolution in school and I actually paid attention. Being told that I am evolved from primordial soup, pond scum, is very entertaining, but it's MY choice to not believe in that.

Obviously you're very misguided about God. But I did take evolution in school and I actually paid attention. Being told that I am evolved from primordial soup, pond scum, is very entertaining, but it's MY choice to not believe in that.

because you cant deal with the fact you ( human) are not the center of the universe/life itself?

If your parents told you god made you it's just cause they didn't want their fingerprints on the trainwreck that is you.

Free will :p
I really wonder if believing in a god is free will. I mean the first people talking about it are parents but they also talk about santa. These are things you are not able to figure out they are real when you are young and you assume they are because your parents said so. If parents didn't tell their kids santa was real people still would believe he is real. It just feels like the idea has been put into peoples heads as for real and clouded their judgement as a grown up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Being that I'm not a child anymore, I don't believe in Santa, but yet still believe in God.

Because your judgement is clouded, read the whole thing next time.

depends if you're religious or not

I believe that I am lost again. I don't see the connection you are making same with the other post on the previous page about evolution which you dodge up till now.

Please stop going back and editing your post after i've answered them.

I am more then an atheist which is the reason I don't agree with this statement nor with many things a hardcore atheist states.

Then you agree they could be a god?

dat moment when a bunch of religious hillbillys group up to bash "atheists", priceless
YOU are the result of million years of evolution, act like that ;)

Why don't you put an argument across instead of trying to insult people? If us hillbilly's* can manage it, I'm sure an intellectual like your self can.

its "ok" to believe in religion (even though i cant find a decent reason for it) but please accept the facts science brought to you. to doubt people like einstein or hawkins is so stupid, even your neighborhood priest would laugh about you

Who said they're stupid? No matter how smart they are doesn't mean they can't be wrong. and Einstein wasn't atheist.

no back up for no god? lolwut. theres no backup FOR god, other than what a group of power hungry asshats assembled into a "holy" book at conferences like at nicaea. you have zero proof for a god

Everything has no proof till it's found, I thought you was scientific...

if you dont believe in aliens, i feel bad for you. your pea brain obviously cant comprehend the size of the universe. there is no chance there is no alien life. even your god would be considered an alien, so boom roasted. alien =/= little green men from the movies.

You can believe one thing there's no proof of but not another? That would be faith.

Honestly I don't think you have a problem with faith, just god. Maybe some priest was "unkind".

And while we're on the subject of the universe... You know everything in it points to an intelligent creator?

You're obviously a UFO nutter.

einstein wasnt crusty, and did a lot of work before he was old. he also is in no way shape or form like moses, the hapless old nut walking through a desert.

Like promoting time travel and wormholes?

images

sciences goal isnt to prove there is no god. however their work does prove there is no god since it proves what all the old powers said god did and how the bible describes things and events is wrong. its only an old mystery because stupid people continue to believe it

Show me where they proved there's no god... In fact they've actually proved some of the bible stories.

no, they do do that. its just idiots like you look at the fossil records and choose not to believe them. every time they find a so called missing link, you idiots ask for a new one. the thing is they have the models and hypothesis for what the "missing" parts are, they just have to dig and find them. you sit back and say HA, NO! the earth IS 6000 years old!!!trolololo. as if one "missing link" would throw out all the other ground work, hah. go back to school kid.

When they all agree it's the right one, I will.

wut. this whole discujssion has been pushing your views. you believe in god, but arent christian. you dont believe in evolution. you dont believe in fossil records. etc etc etc. and yes, if you believe what you've been pushing you are in fact a nutter.

I have told people my belief. At no point have I asked them to believe.

Not only are you asking me to not believe, but you're trying to insult me when I don't.

idc if youre pushing christianity or islam. your belief in any god is laughable. especially when its in conjunction with denying science. the fact you need to cling to agnosticism is funny.

An agnostic is undecided. I have been telling you for god knows how many pages i believe there's a God. At least try to look informed.

no you cant though. and asking for an infinite chain of missing links isnt punching any holes. but please keep trying

Put up an argument and I'll rebuttal it. I'm not talking about insults and your opinion, I mean a real argument.

you wouldnt be sharing views in the sense religious sects do. not in the sense of joining a church of aethism, with a set code and hierarchy and beliefs. youd just be not believing in a god. for all you know a dog is your master, could be the "god" you believe in.

No, it's your lil green men...

nah, you associate "crazy" religious people with the 'deep' south. but the truth is theyre all over the us. and even "not crazy" religious people have their stupid sky monster influence things like politics and use it to justify bs like no gay marriage, etc. someones theism is nothing to respect, even when they dont impose it on others.

All of humanity is to be respected. That's not a problem with your faith, that's a problem with your upbringing.. or lack of it.

how am i fighting a lost cause? atheism is becoming more and more popular as people wake up and realize how stupid theism is, and not just organized religion.

But aren't you the one advocating for people not to follow the heard? Or is it as simple as, don't follow that heard...

Please stop going back and editing your post after i've answered them.
I didn't. Look at the time stamps :p

Then you agree they could be a god?
Who?

Well are you a agnostic or gnostic? :D
An agnostic is undecided. I have been telling you for god knows how many pages i believe there's a God. At least try to look informed.
But do you claim also that hes for real? Believing and claiming there is a god is not the same.

Yet you want an answer?

Well are you a agnostic or gnostic? :D

Neither.

Gnostic's would be a good way to describe it, but they believe in the possibility of multiple gods. I don't.

Agnostic's are undecided. and I've said before, I believe in a God.

Do you agree there's a possibility of God?

Yet you want an answer?
I am merely reacting on what you say. You should ask the right question.

Neither.

Gnostic's would be a good way to describe it, but they believe in the possibility of multiple gods. I don't.

Agnostic's are undecided. and I've said before, I believe in a God.
Multyple gods has nothing to do with being (a)gnostic.
Your believe in god is theism.
Now I am asking you if you also claim he is for real. Just answer the question. You can't be agnostic and gnostic at the same time :)

Do you agree there's a possibility of God?
I don't believe a god exists and I am not claiming to know god does not exist.

anti-atheism-big-bang.jpg

Sorry, but I found it funny.

I am merely reacting on what you say. You should ask the right question.

You mean ones your comfortable with.

Multyple gods has nothing to do with being (a)gnostic.
Your believe in god is theism.
Now I am asking you if you also claim he is for real. Just answer the question. You can't be agnostic and gnostic at the same time :)

I answered you, I'm neither.

I don't believe a god exists and I am not claiming to know god does not exist.

So there has to be a possibility?

You mean ones your comfortable with.
Please go read back the question.
I answered you, I'm neither.
So I conclude you have terrible knolledge about (a)gnostic.
So there has to be a possibility?
I made it very clear how I think as an Agnostic Atheist for you to understand.

Now answer the question: do you claim god is for real or not?

Users who are viewing this thread