Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss.

Elkiva

▪ ℋøʟ⑂ ℙяḯℯṧт ▪
Personally, I think you move onto something else.

As your body is made up of atoms, you're considered energy and empty space "In Theory" However this made me think, energy can't be destroy but only transformed or manipulate. Do you think our inner being has the same effect? We move onto something different or new?

Discuss...

Re: Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss

Let's see coffin, dirt, eaten by maggots. Moving on

Re: Lets try something controversial - What do you think happens after death? Discuss

Well, it depends what your religion is, and if one does not have a religion then their opinion may be based on a theory constructed by your thoughts and conclusions. I myself am a Christian, so my belief is that once you die(and are saved) you will go to heaven once you die, and if your not saved, then you go to hell. Some religions are more of a relationship, like christianity where we communicate with God through prayer.

Although I haven't constructed a theory as to what will happen to me when I die, I was taught that once I die and I have accepted Christ, I will be in Heaven eternally(this is what all Christians are taught). One might ask why there is no real answer, and that's because we are made to make a decision wether or not we should believe "this" or "that" this religion or that one.

I personally believe that the true reason why it is so hard for people to fathom the fact we don't know where we will go for sure, is that God made it that way so that we will decide for ourselves, it becomes a test of faith. There are also religions that are like others that have the same beliefs kind of like Christianity and Catholicism.

The most difficult part about choosing a "belief" is that everyone has their own opinion, and its up to others wether or not they want to believe that, because there is no Real evidence that supports a theory, which is why these questions create a lot of discussions between certain religions or theory's such as Athiesm.

For example, If I was an atheist I would base my conclusions on theory stating how there is no other place and when we die we just disappear, or we transform into a frog upon death as an ongoing cycle. Since I'm a Christian, my conclusions would be based upon what the Bible says. It states that if we believe in Him and accept Him(referring to Jesus Christ) as our personal savior we will be with Him in paradise.

Although there are many other religions to chose from and conclusions, those are just the two that happened to pop up in my head first lol. The Bible doesent say specifically if we will remember each other in Heaven, but I remember there being a passage in the Bigle stating that one of his followers remembers his family while they were in heaven. This is just what I think will happen when we die and where we will go once we die, and I pretty much based about all of my facts from what the Bible says as I've learned about this most of my life :)

Well, if atoms are "recycled" I'd love to be a grasshopper

Well, it depends what your religion is, and if one does not have a religion then their opinion may be based on a theory constructed by your thoughts and conclusions. I myself am a Christian, so my belief is that once you die(and are saved) you will go to heaven once you die, and if your not saved, then you go to hell. Some religions are more of a relationship, like christianity where we communicate with God through prayer.

Although I haven't constructed a theory as to what will happen to me when I die, I was taught that once I die and I have accepted Christ, I will be in Heaven eternally(this is what all Christians are taught). One might ask why there is no real answer, and that's because we are made to make a decision wether or not we should believe "this" or "that" this religion or that one.

I personally believe that the true reason why it is so hard for people to fathom the fact we don't know where we will go for sure, is that God made it that way so that we will decide for ourselves, it becomes a test of faith. There are also religions that are like others that have the same beliefs kind of like Christianity and Catholicism.

The most difficult part about choosing a "belief" is that everyone has their own opinion, and its up to others wether or not they want to believe that, because there is no Real evidence that supports a theory, which is why these questions create a lot of discussions between certain religions or theory's such as Athiesm.

For example, If I was an atheist I would base my conclusions on theory stating how there is no other place and when we die we just disappear, or we transform into a frog upon death as an ongoing cycle. Since I'm a Christian, my conclusions would be based upon what the Bible says. It states that if we believe in Him and accept Him(referring to Jesus Christ) as our personal savior we will be with Him in paradise.

Although there are many other religions to chose from and conclusions, those are just the two that happened to pop up in my head first lol. The Bible doesent say specifically if we will remember each other in Heaven, but I remember there being a passage in the Bigle stating that one of his followers remembers his family while they were in heaven. This is just what I think will happen when we die and where we will go once we die, and I pretty much based about all of my facts from what the Bible says as I've learned about this most of my life :)
yeah.. hail satan

what kind of commie thread is this? you go to heaven when you die.

On a more serious note to make up for my very childish comments, which I hope are not being taken offensively, death is a mystery. No living human knows what happens when you die, religion is ignorant and stupid, it's an excuse for not understanding the universe and how it came to. I am not an atheist nor religious of any kind, I believe that what happens after death is a mystery and should stay that way. In other words live your fucking life to it's fullest. I have nothing against atheism or religion, just don't shove it in my face.

which I hope are not being taken offensively

everything on this site is taken offensively, its a bunch of 12 year olds and try hards. tread lightly

that being said, just plant ur body in the ground sans coffin when u die. theres no soul, no inner being, might as well make it easy to recycle your matter. plant a tree over your body and grow on

Well, i hope we'll just end up dreaming a long, long long dream.

That's actually a really interesting way of perceiving death, I always thought...what if your life is just dreams that have been planned when you sleep? It rules into the contexts of deja vu, where you re-experience something you remember happening or you've experience the occurrence in the form of a sleeping state (Dreaming). This is turning pretty darn deep.

On a more serious note to make up for my very childish comments, which I hope are not being taken offensively, death is a mystery. No living human knows what happens when you die, religion is ignorant and stupid, it's an excuse for not understanding the universe and how it came to. I am not an atheist nor religious of any kind, I believe that what happens after death is a mystery and should stay that way. In other words live your fucking life to it's fullest. I have nothing against atheism or religion, just don't shove it in my face.
i know exactly what will happen when i die. it's all in the bible my frind

I'm my religion , Islam . Once you die you are dead until doomsday where then depending of if you where good in life you did what God asked you etc , you goto heaven .. but unless you did bad in life didn't obey gods will etc you goto hell ..

But everyone has a theory of it I personally think I get to another body

Edit : in another body as in i reincarnate to a new form new life new origin etc !

Last edited by a moderator:

Sure it is ;)
even muslims have an idea what will happen, it is obvious that heaven and hell exist, and you must be a good person to get to heaven

There was another thing I was thinking about not too long ago.

What if your life was programmed? As in the people you meet, hate and love are actually programmed into your life like a computer program? A matrix perhaps. It's a very weird thought and I do believe there is a theory for this, once you die the program is then re-booted and you start all over again as if you where born again.

"Brain fuck"

What happens when you die? As far as anyone knows your consciousness ceases to exist because your brain stops functioning, we bury/cremate you, and eventually your body stops existing too.

What happens when you make threads like this on TI? A mod comes along and closes it because religious discussion will start a flame war.

Have fun.

What happens when you die? As far as anyone knows your consciousness ceases to exist because your brain stops functioning, we bury/cremate you, and eventually your body stops existing too.

What happens when you make threads like this on TI? A mod comes along and closes it because religious discussion will start a flame war.

Have fun.

Alrighty :)

Users who are viewing this thread