Legit WoD Alpha patch notes are up

That's the fucking thing though. I don't give a shit about that.

Now what do I do? Walk around spamming arcane shot? And that's it?

They could've nerfed dmg and kept CC would've been more preferable to me.
No, you're going to walk around spamming explosive shot, slow and arcane shot like every other hunter and do crazy damae :)

Now on the changes:
They are far from final so we shouldnt take them too seriously and I guess that there are going to be changes on the level requirement of spells so you never know what you're going to get.
[MENTION=21536]Kristhoper[/MENTION] *cough 24 p2ps

They removed hit. So it wont
View attachment 3839
Dont worry about hunters, some of their damage will be integrated in other spells.
Although you lose scatter shot, you keep the retarded damage :)
Serpent sting removed, rabid (for burst) removed, 1 agi = 1 AP now, aspect removed, hunter mark (5% damage increase) removed. Not sure if we will keep our retarded damage, but only time will show for sure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 111
View attachment 3839

Serpent sting removed, rabid (for burst) removed, 1 agi = 1 AP now, aspect removed, hunter mark (5% damage increase) removed. Not sure if we will keep our retarded damage, but only time will show for sure.

sounded like they buffed all dmg then remove aspect making aspect passive and serpent sting getting applied from arc shot.

That's the fucking thing though. I don't give a shit about that.

Now what do I do? Walk around spamming arcane shot? And that's it?

They could've nerfed dmg and kept CC would've been more preferable to me.

Hunters have been op fotm for almost 3 years now, get over yourself and let another class shine.

Serpent Spread has been renamed Serpent Sting, and remains a passive for Survival Hunters. It causes Multi-Shot and Arcane Shot to also apply the Serpent Sting poison, which does instant and periodic damage.

You all keep mentioning Serpent Sting being incorporated into Serpent Spread, but Serpent Spread was a level 68 spell, and if the level doesn't change then the way the notes read hunters basically lose the sting until level 68 now.

Hunters have been op fotm for almost 3 years now, get over yourself and let another class shine.
What class should I let shine? The poor paladin? Or is it the poor rogue?

They shine enough and always have, almost as much as hunters do.

I'm not saying don't nerf hunters but if you're gonna remove the majority of its utility then what's the point of the class? You can nerf hunter without neutering the class.

Did no one notice the aimed shot buff...

it's not like nerfing hunters will do anything anyway. People will just roll the next fotm class, like they did at the start of mop

I would have taken at least a 40% damage nerf across the board as a hunter if it meant keeping CC. All I do on my alliance hunter is peel for healers and FCs anyway. I can't dot rogues to keep them out of stealth. I can't scatter to at least stop heals. My peeling is basically well I can conc shot one person forever but god forbid a rogue gets a restealth because they don't even need to be behind my FC to lolambush them. I knew losing scatter would suck at 20 since I peel so much but if I can't dot rogues to keep them from restealthing it's going to be an adjustment for sure.

I do think being harder to faceroll will mean some people play something else though.

No, you're going to walk around spamming explosive shot, slow and arcane shot like every other hunter and do crazy damae :)

Now on the changes:
They are far from final so we shouldnt take them too seriously and I guess that there are going to be changes on the level requirement of spells so you never know what you're going to get.
[MENTION=21536]Kristhoper[/MENTION] *cough 24 p2ps

Hahahaha am i a p2p? How did u know that? :) your so cool bro. :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Also seems like profession buffs are being removed, so no more lifeblood hastes or skinning crit rating. Disappointing for a few reasons, but it also removes another advantage 24's had in being able to level those profession skills much higher.

Battle Fatigue has been removed. PvP combat no longer reduces the amount of healing received by PvP participants.

Critical Damage and Critical Heals in PvP combat now deal 150% of the normal spell/ability effects (down from 200%).

The amount of health per Stamina has approximately doubled. The curve on this calculation has been smoothed out as well, so the exact amount varies slightly by level.

Maximum mana has been approximately doubled at all levels to keep pace with the expected health from new Stamina values.

Ha.. 20 min wsg mid fight with 5 resto druids in both teams comin back..
interesting how concussive shot and hamstring going to work with trinket immune thing.

Why wait! Delete your hunter now!

Tracking, disengage & stealth detection still untouched. Gonna be bis fc still. Stop trippin.

What class should I let shine? The poor paladin? Or is it the poor rogue?

They shine enough and always have, almost as much as hunters do.

I'm not saying don't nerf hunters but if you're gonna remove the majority of its utility then what's the point of the class? You can nerf hunter without neutering the class.

The class is not neutered, they just nerfed the 20s version of it unpurposely. They adjust the cc situation at 90. Our twink bracket has to take what it gets and I dont think that will change in wod.
All I hear out of your points, is the complain of an overpowered class (big dmg AND good cc AND good movement) fearing to be nerfed to the same level of other classes. In my opinion it was about time to do that.
Looking at warriors now, you can say that they are in the situation of having almost no cc and just dealing dmg, that hunters might be in in wod, but with worse movement.
Everyone should be free to roll an op class, I am doing it myself, but complaining about it being less strong than before is ridiculous.
I know rogues and palas are not the weakest classes either, but do you hear me complaining about rogues loosing shadowstep in mop or hpalas getting 1.5s cast time on word of glory? No.

Also I feel like ambush without any facing requirement is not the biggest buff there ever was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread