Is skill necessary to excel in WoW?

Is skill required to excel in WoW?

• Yes

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder what Earl would say to a bunch of guys taking turns sitting in his chair and jerking off, just to prove a point.

alright..and I ask..why do I even bother anymore? This is a fruitless exercise.Ok...so here all the proof you need. THIS DID NOT TAKE ANY SKILL.Just knowing basics and my healer being prot to silence everything.
70-0 f2p
View attachment 373

102-0 p2p( ihad 117-0 never saved)
View attachment 374

156-0 multiboxing(total of 4 characters)
View attachment 375

I am getting ready to just show you a whole page of numbers, just to prove it once and for all but I need either a cata private server, or an armory of an untouched since cata f2p BiS resto shaman and a unotuched BiS f2p hunter.(i have an armory of a f2p hpal)

Attachments

• bad[1].jpg
    bad[1].jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 156-0.jpg
    156-0.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 113
Lawl. 3 screenshots of obvious graveyard farming. That's your idea of excelling?

Inoobupro, stop trying to sound smart on the internet. Calling everyone ignorant and clueless in your sig and supporting it with words like math, numbers, and facts doesn't make you sound smart.

Of course it's completely obvious the game has an internal engine based on mathematics. All games do. Knowing the numbers that get crunched by the game is a powerful advantage. However, there's a little something in the industry you're forgetting and that's called the user. It's a real-time game with real-time decisions to be made... many many decisions to choose from and a lot of information to consider when making those decisions... and MANY players making those decisions concurrently. World of Warcraft forces players to manage far more data and keep track of far greater amounts of information and to develop instinctual reaction times to use far more key binds for far more abilities and use this vast amount of skill to make strategic on-the-fly decisions, coordinating with other players against other players. Infact, It takes vast amounts of skill to excel in WoW.

Show some of your scores on 5.0.4
Or did the patch magically take away your "skill" ?
BUtt bruhskies mah scoerz isnt gud now, u guessd it, blizz fuced up woW soo all dat praktce in da Gy got takin bak + now wen i run bakwurds peeps can ketchup 2 me

Good use of ketchup Lichy. ;)

I just wanted to ask why you were impressed Klinda got to 2k MMR. The day I hit 85 on my paladin with a 348 ilvl, the blue 308 weapon from BRC I hit 2100 MMR (highest) playing with a BiS warrior. We literally only lost when I didn't have the throughput to keep my warrior up through 2 DPS on him (ie: Spamming Flash, not getting kicked, still dying). s9 gear isn't THAT far behind that he wasn't doing any damage, and 2k is still realllllyyy low.

inc ss of healing 100k on a rsham
you should go 200k easily on a rshaman, I just dont bother s/sing anything MoP anymore. A druid should potentially be able to get a legit damage control due to HoTs soaking every piece of damage up. If their team has good dps/24 warlock...gg legit damage control.

Show some of your scores on 5.0.4
Or did the patch magically take away your "skill" ?

here..just yesterday . I did d/c when the gates open'd so..their 24 rogue afkd though..and d/cd at 4 minutes, as you can see 1/2 5/6 are all lit up but do nothing could have been a easy 30-0. Not saying that isnt hard to do on a rogue or a spriest.Like I said ive been itching to get on my alliance counterpart but college internet and limited bandwith make it a very unpleasant experience as standing still unable to do anything dc'd for 5 minutes is rather shitty
. View attachment 380

Off-topic: Why are those 24 Hunter GY farm Screenshots in almost every thread on the F2P section?
cuz I never seen a 24 hunter even go 70-0 let alone 100-0. This is just when I went a 24 hunter and will continue to reroll if necessary.

Why do you think HKs/KBs/Deaths/whatever are relevant to this discussion?
ok..how else am I supposed to prove anything? Run 3x flags under a span of 3 minutes? Possible almost every game, but not likely. Have 2x rogues, a druid with swiftness pots and you achieved ur goal.Or a goblin shaman with their rocket boots. Or if 24 with parachute cloaks,goblin rocket boots,etc,etc.

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_091712_223248.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_091712_223248.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree wholeheartedly - I have him on ignore.

here..just a game ago. I did d/c when the gates open'd so..their 24 rogue afkd though..and d/cd at 4 minutes, as you can see 1/2 5/6 are all lit up but do nothing could have been a easy 30-0. Not saying that isnt hard to do on a rogue or a spriest.Like I said ive been itching to get on my alliance counterpart but college internet and limited bandwith make it a very unpleasant experience as standing still unable to do anything dc'd for 5 minutes is rather shitty
. View attachment 380.

You GY farmed with HC's new rerolls ^_^

Why is it every SS you post is of GY farming?

PS. Why is Growl turned on?

Experience is largely responsible for granting skill, but experience does not equal skill

You just answered yourself, you cannot be skilled if you ignore what to do, you need to be taught first, then put the knowledge to practice and this will lead you to master your toon. And {20-24, F2P/P2P} twink bg bracket is the best example of that, i have a F2P hunter and several times i have owned some 24 level players with almost BiS gear, but they are bad players. Another example of ignorance, why alliance huntards always take cats into WSG and going offensive? by the time that feline reaches it's target you may be well dead, the only good use of this pet is by defending the flag since you can have them stealthy by the flag. To excel in wow, yes you need skill, but this word, the way you are trying to use it is very complex, because it includes several talents/virtues, but this is different in each person.

ok.. Sooo lets start..

Lol @ growl on auto
Lol @ Snatch on auto
Lol @ afk being your first button on top action bar
Lol @ no minimap open
Lol @ you farming with 7 horde 24s vs no ally 24s
Lol @ you being only person on horde with a death
Lol @ sv specced
Lol @ even the HC farmers having returns and doing SOMETHING objectively while you have nothing

I'm sorry but I did laugh/giggle at all these things. Stick to your cata multibox screenshots please as this one was just funny to see

ok.. Sooo lets start..

Lol @ growl on auto
Lol @ Snatch on auto
Lol @ afk being your first button on top action bar
Lol @ no minimap open
Lol @ you farming with 7 horde 24s vs no ally 24s
Lol @ you being only person on horde with a death
Lol @ sv specced
Lol @ even the HC farmers having returns and doing SOMETHING objectively while you have nothing

I'm sorry but I did laugh/giggle at all these things. Stick to your cata multibox screenshots please as this one was just funny to see
Kalash is my son in WSG, yet , he has always been lucky to get a lot of 24's on his side on that bg.

Users who are viewing this thread