Interesting Item thread (No flaming, only constructive replies please)

upload_2021-1-26_21-7-8.png

My 25 WW Farmer Auras from Details - Fury of Forgewright is the secondary effect of Ironfoe - So it proc'd 18 times in 13 mins of Combat, for 2.3K damage or about 1.1% - that's with a Cudgel in the Main hand.

Interestingly https://www.wowhead.com/item=59563/waptor-thwapper?bonus=6697 ( Rare Upgrade ) Shares the same damage as Iron Foe on my WW.

Landslides up time is pretty impressive.

Did a second ( smaller ) session swapped Iron Foe for a https://www.wowhead.com/item=11920/wraith-scythe?bonus=6710 - the Proc accounted for less damage than Iron Foe ( 0.7% of total damage ). Landslide had an uptime of 57% that run ....

Last edited:
One of the only reasons to consider Ironfoe is that it being ilvl 28 gives it a bit more weapon dmg than other 1handed weapons from dungeons. The extra swing is a nice perk, but its not providing a whole lot of damage.

One of the things I think people might be overlooking and that I think is worth mentioning in an "interesting items" thread is the BG crate 1hander rewards. Same weapon damage as ironfoe and an adaptable/impatient variety might actually net you the consistent output and balance of stats absent some of the proc/gem based options.
Pretty sure it's either ilevel 26 or 27 no ? the Ironfoe ?

apparently all BFA dungeon drops can roll like this...I am happy enough that I got one with socket.

zcxGoro.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone had the luxury of being able to use/test this inside and outside of BGs? I saw somewhere that is is roughly 1PPM but like to see if anyone can confirm or give some insight if it’s worth the hassle of getting one.
https://www.wowhead.com/item=141585/six-feather-fan?bonus=6660
https://www.wowhead.com/item=141585/six-feather-fan?bonus=6660

Doesn't answer your question - but that trinket was almost mandatory on Legion 99/101 Twinks - the proc rate was that good, even on non-agilty classes

AFAIK that is just a bug that it shows 2 sockets. if that was the case it would defo be worth. i've got one on my shammy. but doesen't seem to be much better then a Ghost Iron Dragonling. and the dragonling is a severely good stat stick. My testing is just outside of BGs. but not worth farming if u manage to grab one of AH with a decent price not the worst trinket. but could be useful.

Doesen't seem to scale good with vers and doesen't scale with Enhancements nature mastery dmg increase anymore sadly. :'D That was fun times.

Also it can proc 1 socket and leech/avoidance/indestructible/speed Haven't seen one with 2 sockets however.

Haven't seen a single epic over my farms that warforged either. so i guess that's gone aswell.

I also feel that Eyasu's Mulligan Might be an interesting trinket. kind of needs to have a socket for it to be worth tho' Haven't tested that one i think i have a req 25 somewhere but that's about it.

can this proc socket? cuz it would end up with 2 sockets...

It's not socket by default, wowhead is suck. But it can roll a socket, yes, and tertiary.

Has anyone had the luxury of being able to use/test this inside and outside of BGs?

Not at 20, but they were quite overtuned back at 99/101. They proc way more than 1 PPM tho, in my experience.

I think they can break your CC sometimes, but not 100% on that. The proc will switch targets with you, at higher levels anyway, so that's just something to be aware of. I'd absolutely grab any 20 I saw near reasonable price... never have.

doesen't scale with Enhancements nature mastery dmg increase anymore sadly. :'D That was fun times.

Yeah, that was crazy. Pretty sure it scaled with MM hunter and assn rogue too, back then. I'd still grab one now If i saw it for 20. Even for just the ranged slow, plus decent damage on the proc... it procs quite a bit in my use.

Last edited:
It's not socket by default, wowhead is suck. But it can roll a socket, yes, and tertiary.

i think socket is default, guildie got one yesterday and it had socket too.

I think it's not... cus i got a ton of them without them. Not at 20, but since legion started. Unless it changed. (unlikely)

edit- it was actually one of the few items i ever transferred server to have, back for 99.

100% doesen't proc socket by default. That i know for sure.

Your friend just got lucky. and especially if it's a 20 version i can see it beeing definately decent on high haste builds

100% doesen't proc socket by default. That i know for sure.

Your friend just got lucky. and especially if it's a 20 version i can see it beeing definately decent on high haste builds

he was on a farming toon haha, level 25 BoE

Socket is NOT Default but yes it can proc 1 Socket and Tertiary. This thing procs constantly and does more damage than many ST Abilities (in PvE at least). It's a great Trinket even on non-Agi Classes if it has Socket/Tertiary on it.

Six-Feather Fan + Fishbrul + Satyr + EF (back in the day for 99/101's) was a DEADLY cocktail of additional damage.

Users who are viewing this thread