EU ilvl 810 relics for 101?

I'm casually buying the boxes in trade for 100g per.
I simply say "COD them to me instead of vendoring."
When someone asks, I tell them I'm looking for a green relic for my lowbie.
Never do I say "twink", and I tell them that the gold is really just the min amount to get people to take the time to go to the mailbox. Been flooded. People are mailing me 40 at a time. Waiting to open until I'm 900+ ilvl.

So as a followup on this, I decided to open them at ilvl 890, seeing as how 101's are getting them. Also as an added concern, some moronic members are writing lovenotes to GM's in an attempt to satisfy god knows what unresolved Freudian anal-erotic, teacher's pet, tattle-tale complex.

Of the 400 or so that I opened, about 25 were relics. Of these, one epic, the rest 780. They were all CODed to me, stored in personal bank, opened by a non-peeking alt with a jeweled lockpick.

Median of 40g plus a green, couple 845 epics, 1 in 8 boxes would double loot. This occurred with epics also. double loot seemed random, ie. cloth/leather sharing the same box.

So as a followup on this, I decided to open them at ilvl 890, seeing as how 101's are getting them. Also as an added concern, some moronic members are writing lovenotes to GM's in an attempt to satisfy god knows what unresolved Freudian anal-erotic, teacher's pet, tattle-tale complex.

Of the 400 or so that I opened, about 25 were relics. Of these, one epic, the rest 780. They were all CODed to me, stored in personal bank, opened by a non-peeking alt with a jeweled lockpick.

Median of 40g plus a green, couple 845 epics, 1 in 8 boxes would double loot. This occurred with epics also. double loot seemed random, ie. cloth/leather sharing the same box.

Exactly the same experience with my testing, I'm ilvl 880 at 110, Opened 360 Lockboxes so far and only 780 Relics, Greens, Gold and the occasional 845-870 Purples (including 110 relics), tried sending the Purple epic to a Twink and it stayed 110.

I've opened 1500 now, and have gotten 1 810 relic.
Anyone else mass opening have some data to share? Lets try to get an approximate drop rate.

I won't equip any until there's resolution on if we can keep them. Until then, they sit in the bank :)

I've opened 1500 now, and have gotten 1 810 relic.
Anyone else mass opening have some data to share? Lets try to get an approximate drop rate.
Would be helpful to know the total amount of relics from the boxes too (regardless of ilvl) so we can get an idea what the chance is for one to roll 810.

What's the logic there? Your current are upgraded quest rewards?
If Blizz decides they want to adjust the BoE relics, for whatever reason, I am not going to overwrite the relics I have now only to find out I cannot get them back. I think this issue will be addressed within the next month and my 101s are doing just fine without the upgrades at the moment.

I logged into alts after my last 5 year break only to find some of my lower level twinks with gear they no longer could use. I wouldn't put it past Blizz to do the same.

Hey bros, I managed to pick up an 810 Frost Relic while I was levelling that I mistakenly sold to a vendor. I didn't know how much it was worth at the time and after asking someone who was buying lockboxes what they were for, I realised I had a vague memory of seeing 810 relic in my item restoration.

Anyway, I restored it yesterday on my 110 warrior (unsure on what level I was when I got it), the relic shows 810 lv101 in the item restoration page and a GM confirmed it says it's that, but when restoring it to my character, it changed to 780 lv110.

Tl;dr: These relics are some sort of bug with the game's level scaling. The item restoration system doesn't know how to properly recognise them and therefore can't restore them.

Hey bros, I managed to pick up an 810 Frost Relic while I was levelling that I mistakenly sold to a vendor. I didn't know how much it was worth at the time and after asking someone who was buying lockboxes what they were for, I realised I had a vague memory of seeing 810 relic in my item restoration.

Anyway, I restored it yesterday on my 110 warrior (unsure on what level I was when I got it), the relic shows 810 lv101 in the item restoration page and a GM confirmed it says it's that, but when restoring it to my character, it changed to 780 lv110.

Tl;dr: These relics are some sort of bug with the game's level scaling. The item restoration system doesn't know how to properly recognise them and therefore can't restore them.
Are you 100% sure you saw it as 810 in-game? As far as I know, the item restoration always shows a tooltip of 810 regardless of what ilvl it was.

@Chawi and @Amorini are looking into whether the context ID has any relevance to the source of the 810s, so here's my data from AH scanning and checking the relics I collected/used, in the format: ContextID - (EU + US + Mine) = Total

810 Relics
5 - (5 + 3 + 5) = 13
3 - (5 + 4 + 3) = 12
4 - (1 + 3 + 4) = 8
6 - (1 + 5 + 1) = 7
9 - (0 + 0 + 6) = 6

Level Scaled (100-109)
0 - (681 + 711) = 1392

Level Scaled (110)
0 - (3250 + 2815) = 6065
2 - (75 + 24) = 99
23 - (70 + 15) = 85
1 - (2 + 0) = 2
29 - (0 + 1) = 1
17 - (0 + 1) = 1

Didn't get any data for warforged 110 relics (or they might have been included in level scaled 110. You can do the hard work of figuring out what each context ID means :p

There is a 810 Storm relic up on Proudmoore US for 85k ish. A week or two after I bought mine and server transferred it over I might add. :rolleyes:

@Chawi and @Amorini are looking into whether the context ID has any relevance to the source of the 810s, so here's my data from AH scanning and checking the relics I collected/used, in the format: ContextID - (EU + US + Mine) = Total

Hum, I didn't check this in my scanner, but is there a difference in availableContexts between the 810s, the level scaled, and the 110 req versions?

Looking at the default itemid off wowhead for the 101 810s obviously isn't really helpful, hah:

Code:
availableContexts":["dungeon-level-up-1","dungeon-normal","dungeon-heroic","challenge-mode","dungeon-mythic","world-quest-1","world-quest-2","world-quest-3","world-quest-4","world-quest-5","world-quest-6","challenge-mode-2","challenge-mode-3","challenge-mode-jackpot","world-quest-7","world-quest-8","world-quest-9","world-quest-10"]

So I'd assume the 810 relics have come from these sources based on the context IDs:
3 = "dungeon-heroic",
4 = "challenge-mode",
5 = "dungeon-mythic",
6 = "world-quest-1",
9 = "world-quest-4",

Which doesn't really get us anywhere tbh, those are just all the basic activities of a 110 :p

I have an 880 law of strength. So they can proc higher
Likely yours has a Character Level requirement of 110. I was referring to the ones that only require 101. We have only seen them in game at 810 iLvL so far, with a 101 requirement, however, there is data mining that suggests that it might be possible for Relics to drop that have only a Level 101 requirement that are higher than the current 810's we have now.

Likely yours has a Character Level requirement of 110. I was referring to the ones that only require 101. We have only seen them in game at 810 iLvL so far, with a 101 requirement, however, there is data mining that suggests that it might be possible for Relics to drop that have only a Level 101 requirement that are higher than the current 810's we have now.
I see. Yes that's true, I've never seen anything higher then 810 for lv. 101s. If they did make them higher, twinks would be insane...

Users who are viewing this thread