How to get P2P enchants on your F2P twink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh I figured as much... Just kale P2P boa thread 2.0 basically..

Can't beat 'em, join 'em
vs.
Why bother, we're better

I'd hope group 2 would win but just reading the first and last page and seeing the people posting as of late I'm pretty sure group 1 did.

nah but if they didnt have xao they probably would have.

Was about to post another long post until I realized anyone who is worth listening to on here has already done so.. First (and probably last) time I will EVER say this but I agree with [MENTION=15624]Franciska[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5987]The Saint[/MENTION] AND [MENTION=11853]danny glover[/MENTION]... If us 4 agree on something it probably means our opinion has to be right ;)

so let me get my head around this... it's fine to have these enchants on f2ps, just not on p2p20s or 24s?

frankly, this thread proves what i always knew. 90% of f2p's would be 24 if they wasn't so greedy.

Lol this is getting wayyy out of hand. It won't matter how many chants you got, you'll never win against me haha. So get your p2p chants and bring it on, afterall you need it to even try to be in my league ;)

I've seen lots of people complain about 24s and then once they upgrade... they roll 24s. The thing they supposedly hated. This is just being apart of the problem. Fighting fire with fire, which is your choice but I don't agree with it
You will all end up just like the other 24's who can't play the game well so decide to play the lower level bracket to steam roll on new players (free to play - trial account), and like the current 24's you will not be respected and steam rolled by F2P's who can actually play and don't need these shitty advantages.
So for anyone who has ranted against 24s before and is now in support of this, you did indeed demonstrate that it really is just the money holding you back. Well, I'm glad to see there are still quite a few people not interested in changing their tune at the drop of a hat.
The issue here is that doing anything that gives an advantage - when competing against those who are restricting themselves solely to the use of an F2P account - which cannot be gained in any way except through the assistance of a payed character, is very clearly pay to win.

Becasue of that this topic has no business being in the free to play section, and should be moved to 20-24.
Hearing you talk makes you look like Lil. Truly nothing against her, I even admire her effort put into this forum and the bracket, but being unable to take 1 or 2 posts of sarcasm on a forum with all kinds of people makes you look like your standards are so fucking high up your arse that it hurts my brain. attitudes have changed too much since F2P started in 2011, most people are talking 100% finest bullshit 24/7. Twinkinfo has deteriorated a lot...

Now in my defense I just got tired of hearing hunt bashing and relatively harsh insults (which alot of non hunters did and ALOT of people would have if it was directed towards their favorite class).. Xao is just stupid so please don't classify him as like me, pretty big insult to me :(
Yes. This is a fairly 2-dimensional issue. It's one of many smaller 2-dimensional issues stemming from these 2 schools of thought, where fewer of us agree even still. Don't even get us started on wall jumps and really, really don't get us going on tournament rules. At the end of all the issues added up you'll find it's a lot less 2-dimensional here than how obviously 2-dimensional a single forum topic can be.
Just a few quotes I agree with

Those are mainly for anyone who hasn't read the whole thread and doesn't wanna go through the headache I just did of reading it. If you read the Kale P2P thread then there isn't really anything new here except for more people standing against the boas and imo more dumb trollers than before.

My quick opinion? I sure will be using this exploit ^-^ I already have some cool vanity things in mind to have a swag advantage but I can assure you even if 99% of this "community" starts sending over boas to get a fighting I will be there /pity'in them just like I do with other P2Ps with my purty vanity things.

Only people who will be doing this are those who either A) are so bad they need P2P gear to be able to match up vs P2Ps or 2) fit the F2P steriotype perfectly by being too cheap to pay for this game and are just freeloaders. Either way I highly doubt any of the F2Ps who have shown they are against it really have anything to worry about a couple baddies getting P2P gear, I mean just look up 1 section :rolleyes:

We choose to be f2p for lots of reasons.. whether we are poor.. or we just like the challenge. It doesn't matter. This is an f2p addon, so follow f2p rules if you need it. There can be no p2p enchants/involvements whatsoever I think it's clear to 90% and to the other 10% here is the door go play 24 -------> [ ] .

Well this thread has turned into an absolute abomination. Maybe some of you have problems with f2ps getting looms and maybe some of you don't, does it really matter in the end? People will always try to find that extra advantage anyway they can, it's certainly nothing new. I understand that some of you may feel upset that f2ps can get looms but honestly, it's not something that's going to kill the bracket. With 24s and their increasingly easy access to enchants, this shouldn't be worth talking about. If other people choose to do something different then let them, worry about yourself and let them do what they want to do. If it violates the ToU then report them, if it doesn't, then just go back to your own business.

Now in my defense I just got tired of hearing hunt bashing and relatively harsh insults (which alot of non hunters did and ALOT of people would have if it was directed towards their favorite class).. Xao is just stupid so please don't classify him as like me, pretty big insult to me

Aww, I didn't mean to insult you, it's just that (in the last few months of your time on TI) you seemed so tired of people QQing about whatever really that you just plainly called anyone a troll that made a sly/sarcastic remark in your basic direction.
Never meant to say that you're in any other way like him and I understand your reasoning - kind of - but it still gets annoying and reminds me of

AE8tfss.jpg

nevermind, hope you have a great day :)

We can possibly get p2p chants now
Yeah but that's against the spirit
No it's not because I'm a f2p with p2p
Yeah but no you
Nuh uh you're a meaner face
Yeah we'll you're white.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
No because its true
Yeah we'll your ears are small
Way to cross the line man
I'm sorry I didn't mean it
It's too late for that now
Sadface

Small-eared people got no reason to live.

I don't understand the whole point. kale did it because "haha! eff-you I got stuffs you don't". which I can actually understand since he beat you guys by like 2 months.

but paying for a sub, rolling a trial, and sending P2P gear to said trial account makes no sense after this thread. why not just upgrade it? why are you working so hard for stuff you can easily have? publicizing this not only ruined the whole niche but nobody would believe you are a trial anyway unless you are "TI famous". they would just think you are P2P with shitty achives and, therefore, lame.

cyber-masochism must be a mofo.....

I don't understand the whole point. kale did it because "haha! eff-you I got stuffs you don't". which I can actually understand since he beat you guys by like 2 months.

but paying for a sub, rolling a trial, and sending P2P gear to said trial account makes no sense after this thread. why not just upgrade it? why are you working so hard for stuff you can easily have? publicizing this not only ruined the whole niche but nobody would believe you are a trial anyway unless you are "TI famous". they would just think you are P2P with shitty achives and, therefore, lame.

cyber-masochism must be a mofo.....

Actually, their point is pretty simple - why get boas and enchants on p2p where everyone has them, when you can get them on f2p, char you love, and be strongest out of f2ps and fight back 24s?
I understand, but don't agree.

Well this thread has turned into an absolute abomination

Amazing right? Even more spectacular considering the shit fest this exact same topic turned into here http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/f2p-guild-looms-49948/

Oops. Blame the mods. They chose to ignore for some "reason" Could you clue some of us into whatever it was that made you not lock this thread or at the very least redirect it? F2p confessions gets locked instantly by mods not even from the f2p section this one is still allowed to barrel on. Even though its full of nothing but trolls, angry people and more, just trying to up their post count. Just like the other thread that wasn't locked.

There has to be a reason why? right?

We choose to be f2p for lots of reasons.. whether we are poor.. or we just like the challenge. It doesn't matter. This is an f2p addon, so follow f2p rules if you need it. There can be no p2p enchants/involvements whatsoever I think it's clear to 90% and to the other 10% here is the door go play 24 -------> [ ] .

i have precious ribbon, im not allowed either, by your logic

will reply to lil once i get home from school

There has to be a reason why? right?

Imo I haven't seen much moderating on this section done besides by yde and she's been really busy as of late. Val seems pretty quick on the lock/delete finger which can certainly be helpful at times but needs to know when. Silin is still creeping around I guess since a few posts were deleted from the confessions but normally isn't very talkative.. Kinda tough to tell when he's around or not cuz he normally never posts lol. Think I've seen more PMs from him/her saying my post was deleted then I ever have seeing him post.

Unless I'm missing someone val/silin/yde/shane are the main/(only?) mods here so it's pretty tough to catch a blatantly obvious thread like this quickly all the time. Also you have to realize that yde is the main mod here and she was absent during the whole last kale P2P boas so she may not have seen it to know this is just kale p2p boa 2.0. Hopefully soon shane will do another moderating thingy and we can get like 5 people for this section and 3 for the 19s and maybe 3 split up for the rest of the site.. The amount of trash on this section is just too much for 3 active mods let alone 3 half afk ones.

Edit: Ohhh and [MENTION=1552]Kilda[/MENTION]! D: Sry I forgot you lmao... Jeez like all our mods on this site are lurkers.. Are there more hidden mods no1 knows about? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo I haven't seen much moderating on this section done besides by yde and she's been really busy as of late. Val seems pretty quick on the lock/delete finger which can certainly be helpful at times but needs to know when. Silin is still creeping around I guess since a few posts were deleted from the confessions but normally isn't very talkative.. Kinda tough to tell when he's around or not cuz he normally never posts lol. Think I've seen more PMs from him/her saying my post was deleted then I ever have seeing him post.

Unless I'm missing someone val/silin/yde/shane are the main/(only?) mods here so it's pretty tough to catch a blatantly obvious thread like this quickly all the time. Also you have to realize that yde is the main mod here and she was absent during the whole last kale P2P boas so she may not have seen it to know this is just kale p2p boa 2.0. Hopefully soon shane will do another moderating thingy and we can get like 5 people for this section and 3 for the 19s and maybe 3 split up for the rest of the site.. The amount of trash on this section is just too much for 3 active mods let alone 3 half afk ones.

Edit: Ohhh and [MENTION=1552]Kilda[/MENTION]! D: Sry I forgot you lmao... Jeez like all our mods on this site are lurkers.. Are there more hidden mods no1 knows about? xD
[MENTION=385]iaccidentallytwink[/MENTION]ed [MENTION=5871]Mialo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7986]Livingforce[/MENTION] [MENTION=2306]threesets[/MENTION]

Edit: Ohhh and Kilda! D: Sry I forgot you lmao... Jeez like all our mods on this site are lurkers.. Are there more hidden mods no1 knows about? xD

Typically i would agree, but several mobs have already posted in this thread promoting it. Which makes me wonder which side of the fence they really sit on.

If anyone wants my 2 cents as a forum user, idc what people use. At the end of the day you're either getting bent over by p2ps or old p2ps with a f2p account. Either way you're still getting bent over. I'm willing to bet the latter is a tiny subset bending you over.

I've chosen not to use these advantages even though i can. F2p Community>gear/enchants.

5.4 won't be any worse than cataclysm. Maybe this will crush some of those new whiny "twinks"

Either way, this thread shouldn't have been allowed to go on as long as it has.

I think "shitstorm" is pretty loosely thrown around. People see an argument/discussion and react negatively to it, as if it were a dark cloud hanging over a thread.

Regardless as to who's right and who's wrong, who the majority sides with, or who's winning, it's just a debate and more things like this should be encouraged if anything. Sure things get heated but not enough to fracture the community I wouldn't think. I hold no ill will towards anyone. There are things everyone on both sides could have done differently but for the most part we know where we all stand. That's not really a bad thing.

We broke ground > moved forward > and now we're over it. The situation handled it's self without a moderator stepping in. Everything that needed to be said was said along with some things that didn't, but that's the price of being a part of a community.

Happy twinking~

Edit:
Mrcer is a moderator too, I saw him on twice earlier, but he was lurking a bit I think.

I think "shitstorm" is pretty loosely thrown around. People see an argument/discussion and react negatively to it, as if it were a dark cloud hanging over a thread.

Regardless as to who's right and who's wrong, who the majority sides with, or who's winning, it's just a debate and more things like this should be encouraged if anything. Sure things get heated but not enough to fracture the community I wouldn't think. I hold no ill will towards anyone. There are things everyone on both sides could have done differently but for the most part we know where we all stand. That's not really a bad thing.

We broke ground > moved forward > and now we're over it. The situation handled it's self without a moderator stepping in. Everything that needed to be said was said along with some things that didn't, but that's the price of being a part of a community.

Happy twinking~

Edit:
Mrcer is a moderator too, I saw him on twice earlier, but he was lurking a bit I think.

And they rode off into the sunset. Thank you. Regardless of whether or not this thread really summed it up, your post made me feel something special in my heart spaces. I think it was *grab another alcoholic drink" or forever never log onto WoW. I wish TI points were still around, i feel like i should get an award for my word play. Nobles post award maybe, but who am i too judge.

Locked while I read this.

Edit:

Concerning not locking this earlier, I had hoped people could discuss different points of view rationally and without personal attacks.

Concerning lack of moderation, none of the mods are obligated to wade through sewage if their time doesn't permit it. I do agree that we have too few mods in general and sent a PM to Shane and Sil regarding opening applications before I saw this thread's tumorous growth.

Still deliberating whether leaving this closed entirely or pruning posts and opening it for further, likely vile discussion is more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread