How long does It take to fully gear a warforged 20s twink?

10% * 10% * (10% * 25%) = 0.00025 not 0.025

10% * (10% * 25%) = 0.0025 not 0.25

0.025 would be 1/40, and 0.25 would be 1/4

because of instance lockout, we can pretty easily calculate how long it would take to (probably) get your bis item if that was the correct chance. This is just calculating the absolute fastest time it would take for you to get that piece of gear. It will probably take like 20% to 30% longer than the results assuming no vacations/long breaks.

You can only do 10 dungeons an hour, for our equation we will be assuming you are hitting instance lockout 10 times a day (which you probably aren’t) just to be on the safe side.

It would take 40,000 boss kills to get the item you want, and if you are doing 100 kills a day the math would be like this:

40,000/100 = 400 days of killing the boss

otherwise known as 4000 hours (not 9600, don’t fall for that trap)

YOU WILL GET BIS SOON I PROMISE COPIUMCOPIUM

Ye, in this case, the parentheses don't matter, but the calculation is 0.1*0.1*0.1*0.25 = 0.00025, to convert the decimal into a percentage, you multiply by 100%, so 0.00025* 100% = 0.025%

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
[doublepost=1673851012,1673850755][/doublepost]calculating how many days until bis on 12+ twinks.

Attachments

• MATH CONFUSION FACE.gif
    MATH CONFUSION FACE.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 64
Ye, in this case, the parentheses don't matter, but the calculation is 0.1*0.1*0.1*0.25 = 0.00025, to convert the decimal into a percentage, you multiply by 100%, so 0.00025* 100% = 0.025%
yeah that’s true I’m dumb

I'm trying to find info on the exact proc chance for WF. Everything I find says 10% for dungeons and 25% for raids. I went to farm a mythic Hellfire and didn't get 1 warforged. maybe mythic25/10 doesn't wf idk. I will try on normal to see if its actually 25%. if so it's safe to say dungeons are 10%. But given the amount of patches and changes to titan forging idk if any legacy info on WF is relevant.

Edit: I didn't get 1 WF on normal either. idk if raids even WF anymore

also clearing on a high toon makes raid legacy so idk if that changes things...

Last edited:
Don't think too much lolololol.. Just run and run till you are tired.. Or bored.. You will eventually get it.. The more you wanted something, it won't come.. It will come when it's least expected.. I took about 6-7 days to get 10 pieces of wod purple gears .. Actually I got many many more, but I chose the best 10 with the preferred secondary stats.. During this time, you will still get tons of blues, quite often it proc socket or 3rd stats.. But 90% of the time these blues will be useless

get into pvp and play when you have about 50% of the gears .. dont wait till you have all .. cos by the time you have all, you will realise all your ilvl has been halved .. i believe eventually blizz gonna go after wod gears as well .. why deal with all and leave wod right ?
Yeah definitely a change of mind from me, I saw the PTR changes post and decided to not even start until I know for sure what's happening. Sad they have to change the ilvl like that.

I'm not new to twinking, but I quit after they implemented the seperate xpoff brackets. I see the vet 20s are still good though... I was thinking of going all out and having every class as a 20s twink but it would entirely depend on the time to gear and I have zero idea what the rates are having only played WoD when it was the current xpac. Much appreciated for any responses.
Cheers.
i am 4 days in of degen farming and have 4 sockets WF 2 with tert stat, rest is full WF 4 with WF leech. I am 90% bis done about 200 dung runs solo farming after humntraffic showed me how to solo. We also run 5 mans and kill other dungs in 4-5 min.

if your just looking to get one full set of WF and not being too bothered about the secondary stat/rolls , then some where between 300-400 runs if you're going to be boosting yourself with legacy looting.

if you want to get a full set with your desired secondary stats its probably +600 runs with legacy looting.

probably able to half the amount of runs roughly, if you do solo clears with personal looting instead.

the hardcore grind starts when you venture into farming for WF+socket pieces.
I've yet to see any armory with someone having full sockets in all 6 slots available, so that's going to take quite a while.

gl

if your just looking to get one full set of WF and not being too bothered about the secondary stat/rolls , then some where between 300-400 runs if you're going to be boosting yourself with legacy looting.

if you want to get a full set with your desired secondary stats its probably +600 runs with legacy looting.

probably able to half the amount of runs roughly, if you do solo clears with personal looting instead.

the hardcore grind starts when you venture into farming for WF+socket pieces.
I've yet to see any armory with someone having full sockets in all 6 slots available, so that's going to take quite a while.

gl
im 4 days in and 4/6 on sockets. 200+ solo rns. solo is easy af

im 4 days in and 4/6 on sockets. 200+ solo rns. solo is easy af

its very easy to solo runs yes , but it's also very time consuming compared to getting boosted.

the problem with sockets is you usually end up getting them on a stat/roll you don't want , but feel forced to use it anyway because of how strong the SL gems are.

And your luky is also matter. Coz you can get the same gear what you had.

For example (not WF, but epic too). For hundreds runs for circle of flame + socket + lich, I just got socket+speed x3 and zero socket+lich.

And your luky is also matter. Coz you can get the same gear what you had.

For example (not WF, but epic too). For hundreds runs for circle of flame + socket + lich, I just got socket+speed x3 and zero socket+lich.
How many runs for first socket+speed on circle? Got a socket only after 46 runs, so maybe around double of that?

Users who are viewing this thread