How long does It take to fully gear a warforged 20s twink?

Szivexe

I'm not new to twinking, but I quit after they implemented the seperate xpoff brackets. I see the vet 20s are still good though... I was thinking of going all out and having every class as a 20s twink but it would entirely depend on the time to gear and I have zero idea what the rates are having only played WoD when it was the current xpac. Much appreciated for any responses.
Cheers.

I'm not new to twinking, but I quit after they implemented the seperate xpoff brackets. I see the vet 20s are still good though... I was thinking of going all out and having every class as a 20s twink but it would entirely depend on the time to gear and I have zero idea what the rates are having only played WoD when it was the current xpac. Much appreciated for any responses.
Cheers.
Let’s just say you will be sick of running WoD dungeons by the time you gear 1 x level 20.
Ballpark estimates to get a full stock standard WF set is around 200 dungeons.

Now, if you want to start honing that to get the 2ndry stats you want, and if you want to go for tertiary stat procs and gem slots….. let’s say that average human probably won’t live long enough to get it all, let alone for more than 1 toon….. :eek:

Solo farming dungeons is 100% loot chance per boss. if you're able to solo I recommend it.

GL
The only exception to this I have found so far is the Grimrail Enforcers. For some reason on my Hunter, they only drop loot maybe 1 every 3 kills which is really annoying. Not sure what’s going on there. But all other bosses in soloing dungeons drop loot.

All I can suggest OP, see how you go with 1 toon then you will know the if you have the stomach to do more toons ;)

The only exception to this I have found so far is the Grimrail Enforcers. For some reason on my Hunter, they only drop loot maybe 1 every 3 kills which is really annoying. Not sure what’s going on there. But all other bosses in soloing dungeons drop loot.

I find if you kill the caster last (I forget the name), you'll get loot

bis is 2 years of hardcore farming GL. Bis item is socket and speed or socket and leech.

Decent gear is 1 week of playtime farming.

Solo farming dungeons is 100% loot chance per boss. if you're able to solo I recommend it.

GL
Awesome, I'll definitely gear my first and probably go for not bis on the rest, I only plan on enjoying a few classes the rest would be test runs. Appreciate it.
[doublepost=1673766702,1673766572][/doublepost]
Let’s just say you will be sick of running WoD dungeons by the time you gear 1 x level 20.
Ballpark estimates to get a full stock standard WF set is around 200 dungeons.

Now, if you want to start honing that to get the 2ndry stats you want, and if you want to go for tertiary stat procs and gem slots….. let’s say that average human probably won’t live long enough to get it all, let alone for more than 1 toon….. :eek:

All I can suggest OP, see how you go with 1 toon then you will know the if you have the stomach to do more toons ;)
Stuff like this is something I enjoy nonetheless regardless of if I complete my goals. Having 10,000+ runs on SFK alone over the years should say something. Appreciate the info!

to find out how long it will take to get one the items you want, divide 1 by the chance of getting the item you want

1/f = r

then, with r divide that with how many times you kill that fucking boss a day (any timeframe)

r/I hate myself = z

then that’s (probably) how long it will take for you to get one of the item you want. do this with all the items you want. Then, you can figure out the time it will take to get ALL the items you want like this

time it will take to finish farming x dungeon for the items you want + time for the items you will farm in x dungeon in the future + time for other items in other dungeon + …

the time it will take to get all the items you want in a dungeon is (probably) the time it would take to get one of the items you want in the dungeon, unless you want specific things for specific item slots.

but op, I don’t know the chance of getting the item I want!?!?!

ok, look down then

chance of wf epic
chance of getting socket
chance of getting tertiary stats
chance of getting the 2ndary stats you want
chance of getting the tertiary stats (c) you want
chance of getting the item you want
chance of getting the slot you want (belt, neck, etc)

to find the chance of getting the item you want, just multiply all the chances together. !exception! If you want a certain type of tertiary stats, you would multiply by (c * e).

as an example, epic + socket

a * b * g = f

another example, epic * socket * tertiary stats you want

a * b * (c * e) * g = f

if you want the god item

a * b * d * g * (c * e) = f

but op what’s the chance of getting x proc?!?!?! idfk lol that’s why I used variables

you will get what you want in 3 days!!! COPIUM

Last edited:
chance of wf epic

chance of getting socket

to find out how long it will take to get one the items you want, divide 1 by the chance of getting the item you want

1/f = r

then, with r divide that with how many times you kill that fucking boss a day (any timeframe)

r/I hate myself = z

then that’s (probably) how long it will take for you to get one of the item you want. do this with all the items you want. Then, you can figure out the time it will take to get ALL the items you want like this

time it will take to finish farming x dungeon for the items you want + time for the items you will farm in x dungeon in the future + time for other items in other dungeon + …

the time it will take to get all the items you want in a dungeon is (probably) the time it would take to get one of the items you want in the dungeon, unless you want specific things for specific item slots.

ok, look down then

to find the chance of getting the item you want, just multiply all the chances together. !exception! If you want a certain type of tertiary stats, you would multiply by (c * e).

a * b = f

a * b * (c * e) = f

if you want the god item

a * b * d * (c * e) = f

but op what’s the chance of getting x proc?!?!?! idfk lol that’s why I used variables

Amazing breakdown /clap

1/f = r

r/I hate myself = z

ok, look down then

chance of wf epic
chance of getting socket

a * b = f

a * b * (c * e) = f

if you want the god item

a * b * d * (c * e) = f

Wow, that's insanely informative. Thank you so much.

you can figure out how many times you run a dungeon (on average) a day like this:

everyday, go into your statistics tab (achievements, bottom next to guild tab) then find the dungeon/boss you are currently farming. save the number that is there, then get to farming. once you are finished farming, go back into your statistics tab and find the same boss/dungeon you are currently farming. take that number, and subtract it by the first number you took. this is how many times you ran the dungeon/killed the boss today.

once you have that number, keep it. do this (around) for 5/7 days. the more you do this, the more refined/correct your average number will be. once you have done that, take the average of all the stats you took. but op, how do you do that? look below

all numbers added together/how many numbers there are

as an example, x will be how many times you killed a boss/ran a dungeon for the past week
0 (filthy casual)

11 + 15 + 7 + 0 + 16 + 20 + 4
-------------------------------- = 10.429 a day on average
with this, you can do the calculations above

you can figure out the chance of any proc happening like this:

do a fuckton of runs/kills, and log every item you get. and i mean a FUCKton of runs/kills (250 atleast, up to the thousands or even ten thousands). with those statistics, you can find the (maybe) chance of getting ANY proc (if you got all the procs atleast once). how do you find the chance? look down NOW

items that got x proc / all items you got

as an example, y will be how many items you got (with procs and such). THESE ARE RANDOM NUMBERS, NOT REPRESENTING OF THE ACTUAL GAME
24 tertiary stat procs
14 socket procs
42 epic procs
170 no procs
6 socket + epic
1 socket + epic + tertiary stats
5 socket + tertiary stats

with that data, there is a total of 262 items. if you want the chance of getting an epic, you could do something like this

42/262

if you want to know the chance of socket + epic

6/262

you can do this with any procs/any combination of procs. obviously, if you already knew the chance of getting a proc you wouldn't need to do this. but if you don't/can't find the chance anywhere, you can just do this. you could do this with any event ever also. chance of weapon enchant proccing every minute, chance of your neighbor chilling outside every day, anything at all.

you will get what you want in 2 days!!! COPIUM

Can confirm that I’m approaching 2000 WOD full clears with at least 1300 first boss clears in docks for rings.

I’m not bis by a long shot.

Also I’ve only received 1 “triple proc” and it’s a bracer with avoidance…

EDIT: I would agree that full WF would be about 200 runs.

I’d probably also estimate that full sockets would be around 800-1000 runs which I believe would be minimum for viable pvp competitiveness.

you could skip the highschool math and also just look at some of the most hardcore grinders who have been at this since Oct and still dont have BIS and know that its more-or-less a pipe dream.
it could help if you want to calculate how long getting different variations of a certain item will be then proceed further with a clear and concise goal (not one that will cause you to burn out and quit playing before getting the gear you want). it could also be useful to fill up your copium jugs to keep you going. if you're farming, you will get bis soon i swear!! COPIUMCOPIUM

Just wait for the next patch to see if the vanilla epics really are gonna get shafted, since with a few runs of sunken temple/BRD/zulfarak runs you can cover some slots very easy, if you only go for epic gear or epic+socket. Cant wait to see if i need to do 200 runs for a speed procket robes from avatar of hakar.

Cheers.
get into pvp and play when you have about 50% of the gears .. dont wait till you have all .. cos by the time you have all, you will realise all your ilvl has been halved .. i believe eventually blizz gonna go after wod gears as well .. why deal with all and leave wod right ?

it takes juuust longer to get the gear than it takes blizz to obsolete it all with another unannounced rescaling.

Best to not worry about "how long" ... just start the process with them all. As I attempt to update all my low level twinks with WOD runs I realize my end goal will not be reached,... it absolutely wont be reached. With that said I simply adjust plan to what is doable. 1. Get my base set on each toon,... meaning one piece for each slot so I have at least the highest primary stat possible per slot. (the exception being with my trinkets) this goes quicker than you would think. I do this with each toon I am working on (16 at the moment) ..... from there I contemplate what I will enjoy playing on most at this point in the game and move to the next step... 2. Upgrades to my base set... A. Stat priority pieces... (Example...Destro Lock wants me to get him Haste/Mastery pieces so he is more in line with stat priority)... so once a 'priority' piece drops it replaces the 'base' piece and my power on that Pixel Pirate increases. B. 'Sockets and Terts' ....they will drop... RNGesus says "try to calculate this and I will break your will"..... you ideally will replace a stat priority piece with a stat priority piece with a socket or tert.....and if you are lucky both.... best to not lose sleep over those pieces as they are busy hanging out deep in the RNG zone and could care less about what our Pixel Pirates want. If you get one of those pieces just throw a party but remember to invite us all as well because we are all in the same boat as far as that goes :D C. Switch up the toon you are working on often if you value your sanity. I work 2 toons a night... the one I play the most, and the next in line on my list. If I worked melee last night I work a caster tonight (this is just my way of doing it).... mix things up,.. keep things fresh.
At this point I have a base set on only 6 or 7 of the 16 I am working on.... of those 6/7 only 2 have multiple 'Socket and Tert' pieces... they rest have only about half or 3/4 of the base set in place (with maybe a few having some double proc pieces). This is supposed to be this way though. If it wasn't everyone that plays this game would have a twink and we know this isn't the case. Just have fun with the process,... You will not achieve BiS on all these toons but you may with a few... just get used to this now, but try to enjoy this journey as well because we all know Blizzard will eventually screw all of us out of this moment. No reach around,.. no lube.... not even a kiss. HeyGuys

Happy Farming ;)

Well, this is fun, let's do some actual theory crafting and crunch some numbers shall we?

Let's assume these are the proc rates for items:

Warforged/Epic: 10%
Socket: 10%
Tertiary (Indestructible, Speed, Leech, Avoidance): 10%

Keep in mind that socket can only affect certain slots in WoD (Head, Rings, Necks, Bracers, Belts).

Before taking into consideration which dungeon you will be farming, let's say you want a Warforged loadout with maximum procs with a tert you wanted. And let's assume each of the 4 tertiaries has an equal chance to proc (25%).

WF/S/Preferred Tert = 10%*10%*10%*25% = 0.025% (1/4000)
WF/Preferred Tert = 10%*10%*25% = 0.25% (1/400)

Head (S) = 1/4000
Neck (S) = 1/4000
Shoulders = 1/400
Chest = 1/400
Waist (S)= 1/4000
Legs = 1/400
Feet = 1/400
Wrist (S) = 1/4000
Hand = 1/400
Finger1 (S) = 1/4000
Finger2 (S) = 1/4000
Trinket1 = 1/400
Trinket2 = 1/400
Back = 1/400
Mainhand = 1/400
Offhand = 1/400

So let's say 0.025% chance to drop a perfect fully rolled item. So maybe 1/4000 boss kills you'll get an item that drops with perfect rolls with Warforged+Socket+preferred Tert. And maybe you'll get a warforged item with a decent tert in maybe like 1/400 boss kills. Lockouts are 10 dungeons/hour, so optimally 40 bosses/hour. Not that bad right? But wait there's more! We still need to get our preferred Secondary Stats on the item!

I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that each boss has a 100% when farming solo, so thats a guaranteed drop per boss. But now we have to consider that every boss drops items with multiple secondary stats variants. In addition, they only drop a certain slot. Here's a quick reference

upload_2023-1-15_20-13-21.png

And that doesn't include other items that MAY drop from the boss like role-specific Trinkets, Weapons, etc.

Each armor piece drops as a variation with different secondary stats. Let's say you want Versatility/Mastery. There are 4 secondary stats, and each item has 2 secondaries. And this is where it gets tricky, some bosses drop the same combination twice, like 2 crit/haste items, and also, rings, necks and capes have a higher chance to drop at 8, 8 and 6 item entries respectively. Armor pieces usually has 5 item entries in the drop table. For simplicity's sake, let's just say you were farming a boss that can drop two armor pieces, for a possible of 10 items per boss, giving you a 1/10 chance of you getting the exact Seconday Stat combo you want.

So perfectly rolled socketed item (0.025%) * 10% to get a perfect secondary stat combo = 0.0025% (1/40,000) chance to drop from a particular boss. And that's for a single item. This doesn't take into consideration the last boss in these dungeons, which is actually a 1/15+ chance sometimes. I can't exactly tell you how long that will take, but you are looking at a less than one percent chance at obtaining a BiS item from a boss, and you will have to find the optimal dungeon for the pieces/secondaries you are looking for. You can shorten the grind by funneling loot, but that does require multiple subbed accounts, or help from twinks that don't need the loot. But, as a solo, you are looking at 1000+ hours of farming WoD for absolute perfect BiS. That's way more time than you'll even spend at endgame gearing.

So realistically, absolute BiS will take quite a while, and most twinks are not motivated to grind for BiS because PVP is dead.

But, if you just wanted to play casually, you can just do a few BC dungeon quests for some procs, do a few Vanilla dungeons for Vanilla Epics, then farm casually for Wod Warforged, you should have it in a few hundred runs or so. I recommend at the very least doing the "BC Gemmed Gear" part at the bottom of this thread (https://xpoff.com/threads/list-of-quests-that-can-proc-epic-ilvl-87.98751/) because the pieces can proc Epic and will have more sockets than WoD WF usually. If you get bored of farming WoD, you can also try your luck at some of the quests on the list.

Last edited:
Well, this is fun, let's do some actual theory crafting and crunch some numbers shall we?

Let's assume these are the proc rates for items:

Warforged/Epic: 10%
Socket: 10%
Tertiary (Indestructible, Speed, Leech, Avoidance): 10%

Keep in mind that socket can only affect certain slots in WoD (Head, Rings, Necks, Bracers, Belts).

Before taking into consideration which dungeon you will be farming, let's say you want a Warforged loadout with maximum procs with a tert you wanted. And let's assume each of the 4 tertiaries has an equal chance to proc (25%).

WF/S/Preferred Tert = 10%*10%*10%*25% = 0.025% (1/4000)
WF/Preferred Tert = 10%*10%*25% = 0.25% (1/400)

Head (S) = 1/4000
Neck (S) = 1/4000
Shoulders = 1/400
Chest = 1/400
Waist (S)= 1/4000
Legs = 1/400
Feet = 1/400
Wrist (S) = 1/4000
Hand = 1/400
Finger1 (S) = 1/4000
Finger2 (S) = 1/4000
Trinket1 = 1/400
Trinket2 = 1/400
Back = 1/400
Mainhand = 1/400
Offhand = 1/400

So let's say 0.025% chance to drop a perfect fully rolled item. So maybe 1/4000 boss kills you'll get an item that drops with perfect rolls with Warforged+Socket+preferred Tert. And maybe you'll get a warforged item with a decent tert in maybe like 1/400 boss kills. Lockouts are 10 dungeons/hour, so optimally 40 bosses/hour. Not that bad right? But wait there's more! We still need to get our preferred Secondary Stats on the item!

I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that each boss has a 100% when farming solo, so thats a guaranteed drop per boss. But now we have to consider that every boss drops items with multiple secondary stats variants. In addition, they only drop a certain slot. Here's a quick reference

View attachment 22289

And that doesn't include other items that MAY drop from the boss like role-specific Trinkets, Weapons, etc.

Each armor piece drops as a variation with different secondary stats. Let's say you want Versatility/Mastery. There are 4 secondary stats, and each item has 2 secondaries. And this is where it gets tricky, some bosses drop the same combination twice, like 2 crit/haste items, and also, rings, necks and capes have a higher chance to drop at 8, 8 and 6 item entries respectively. Armor pieces usually has 5 item entries in the drop table. For simplicity's sake, let's just say you were farming a boss that can drop two armor pieces, for a possible of 10 items per boss, giving you a 1/10 chance of you getting the exact Seconday Stat combo you want.

So perfectly rolled socketed item (0.025%) * 10% to get a perfect secondary stat combo = 0.0025% (1/40,000) chance to drop from a particular boss. And that's for a single item. This doesn't take into consideration the last boss in these dungeons, which is actually a 1/15+ chance sometimes. I can't exactly tell you how long that will take, but you are looking at a less than one percent chance at obtaining a BiS item from a boss, and you will have to find the optimal dungeon for the pieces/secondaries you are looking for. You can shorten the grind by funneling loot, but that does require multiple subbed accounts, or help from twinks that don't need the loot. But, as a solo, you are looking at 1000+ hours of farming WoD for absolute perfect BiS. That's way more time than you'll even spend at endgame gearing.

So realistically, absolute BiS will take quite a while, and most twinks are not motivated to grind for BiS because PVP is dead.

But, if you just wanted to play casually, you can just do a few BC dungeon quests for some procs, do a few Vanilla dungeons for Vanilla Epics, then farm casually for Wod Warforged, you should have it in a few hundred runs or so. I recommend at the very least doing the "BC Gemmed Gear" part at the bottom of this thread (https://xpoff.com/threads/list-of-quests-that-can-proc-epic-ilvl-87.98751/) because the pieces can proc Epic and will have more sockets than WoD WF usually. If you get bored of farming WoD, you can also try your luck at some of the quests on the list.

10% * 10% * (10% * 25%) = 0.00025 not 0.025

10% * (10% * 25%) = 0.0025 not 0.25

0.025 would be 1/40, and 0.25 would be 1/4

because of instance lockout, we can pretty easily calculate how long it would take to (probably) get your bis item if that was the correct chance. This is just calculating the absolute fastest time it would take for you to get that piece of gear. It will probably take like 20% to 30% longer than the results assuming no vacations/long breaks.

You can only do 10 dungeons an hour, for our equation we will be assuming you are hitting instance lockout 10 times a day (which you probably aren’t) just to be on the safe side.

It would take 40,000 boss kills to get the item you want, and if you are doing 100 kills a day the math would be like this:

40,000/100 = 400 days of killing the boss

otherwise known as 4000 hours (not 9600, don’t fall for that trap)

YOU WILL GET BIS SOON I PROMISE COPIUMCOPIUM

Users who are viewing this thread