How I Plan To Use Veteran F2P Account Status

if f2p 19s are a thing thats what im going to do

We do not know the thing. When our paid time ends, will our Stopped Experience on our 19 twinks fade away, so i guess time will tell.

Why did blizzard prevent f2p account to lock xp at 19? i don't see the point, except that they put free players in a state where they will encounter players with better gear and more class skills.

Why did blizzard prevent f2p account to lock xp at 19? i don't see the point, except that they put free players in a state where they will encounter players with better gear and more class skills.

Or they didn't even think one thought about it all, set up a random number and reduced the acc to its absolute basics so that you won't use too much server space/capacity. It's already a miracle that we're allowed to visit areas above lvl 30. Guess restricting those would be too much work.

Thanks for the link! After reading that, it's clear that we won't have access to 19 BG :(

The biggest difference would be a PvP bracket. Starter Editions/Trial accounts are intended for people to try out the game, to see if they would like to purchase it. Not remain at a popular twink level indefinitely, in order to only participate in that play style.

You are welcome to twink, if that is your preferred play style, an upgraded and active account will allow you to do that.

the 19 bracket was still rather large when blizzard made 10 day trial accounts into F2P. alot of 19 F2P twinks entered the 19 twink bracket. some of these F2P-19's started BGs at 10, turned XP on and off many times to get BIS gear as they leveled in BGs. many did DMF religiously and farmed DMF turn in items in BGs and dungeons. there were F2P-19s that were rather twinked with BOAs and BIS gear that they could get or make. certain F2P-19 classes actually did quit well and contributed to the twinks, while other classes were gimping teams due to lesser enchants

but the other side of it was some F2P-19's worked on getting 10 gold to turn off XP, pretty much ripped to 19 and entered BGs with twinks. this made the game quality rather poor, sorta like it is in the 20-29 bracket in pugs. many 19's complained and blizz made the change.

with the massive squish on enchants, and the +gear scaling, there would be less of a difference today

about the new change inc to inactive accounts to play like F2P

- on a F2P account, if you had a 19 that had it's XP turned off, it only auto turned on when you enter a BG. i had one F2P 19 with XP off for a long time, but went ahead and took it into a BG which auto turned on my XP to go to 20 since a chance at F2P-19's going into BGs with XP off would never happen. it will be interesting to see how they treat a veteran account on patch 6.1 if a inactive account with 19's is treated like a F2P when it comes to a 19 with XP off/on

- on a F2P account players can't go past 20 due to being capped, so there is no turning off XP involved there. it will be interesting on a inactive account how 20's are treated that have XP off and if it stays off when you enter a BG. if a inactive account is under F2P rules you won't be able to turn off XP on players? i'm curious if there will be a 20 leveling cap limit like there is on a F2P account....if not i can foresee not being able to turn off XP along with the possiblity of popping to level-21 and then not being able to play that character after you log out and back in.

alot of wait and see until 6.1

Why can't I stop leveling at 19 on free accou - Forums - World of Warcraft

This states pretty clearly what starter accounts are intended to be and NOT be. When you consider the further intention to make 'veteran' accounts have all of the same restrictions (save joining old guilds), there should be some sort of epiphany once you realize your questions have already been answered. Intentions trump, well just about anything since Blilzzard sets the rules and knows the tech involved better than you do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't I stop leveling at 19 on free accou - Forums - World of Warcraft

This states pretty clearly what starter accounts are intended to be and NOT be. When you consider the further intention to make 'veteran' accounts have all of the same restrictions (save joining old guilds), there should be some sort of epiphany once you realize your questions have already been answered. Intentions trump, well just about anything since Blilzzard sets the rules and knows the tech involved better than you do.

But this technique involves upgrading your account. This is not the same things.

Yeah, so now the pro-veteran locking at 19 people are hanging on their last thread and that is.. will I be able to play indefinitely as a 19, since "not only did I try the game with a trial, but I actually payed for the game and am thus not a F2P anymore"... I personally am holding my fingers crossed for for veterans to be able to lock @19 and still be locked but I see that would be like grasping for straws :/

Most of people here on TI, at least I think so, want to play competitive games. They want to be neither stronger, neither weaker.
As I see it now, there are 3 ways for F2P's to go:
1) Remain the same F2P.
2) Buy all looms on linked P2P to get all looms on F2P.
3) Level BIS (looms, enchants) 20lvl on veteran account.

Before 6.1 F2Ps were the majority of 20-24 (20-29) bracket, so being competitive was being F2P, now things might change. I think that now the majority will be 2) variant. It is a good idea to make a pool about those choices to see there the majority of TI will go.

Since my F2P is already linked with P2P, I will for sure buy all looms to have them in toy tab, using them for BG/arena is another question, guess I'll use them if I see most of F2Ps go that way too.

I don't really see why there's such a negative feeling toward guild boas for 6.1

Before you either had to
a.) Scam a GM, which was dirty and exploitative and yea frowned upon. That's easy to see.
b.) Play a paid account, and most of the time 9 levels above someone, which has it's on unskillness to it.

So does 6.1 give an unfair advantage... I just don't see it. For 5 bucks that's a really low cost to get your gear/chants, and I really can't see why everyone wouldn't be able to do it. Heck skip lunch, 1 day... Yea before you may not have wanted to try and scam a GM, and rightfully so. And yea maybe you didn't want to pay every month for a variety of reasons, albeit the cost is fairly low. Personally I've just paid for this game long enough and don't have the time needed to raid end game anymore. So this free option is plenty fun for me.

I just don't see a one time cost of 5 dollars being an unfair advantage...

I found it amusing on that thread that even way way back in 2011 that trial players were crying afoul at Blizzard.
Somethings never change...
Myself, it will be no different. It will just provide easier access to heirlooms on my trial account.
/cheers
Sweetsidney

Users who are viewing this thread