Help me with home workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you're an epileptic 6 year old, keto is a terrible diet for you
I've heard that it can be good in like a 2-3 month period, but I love myself too much to fuck with that. I'm 28, I eat around 3400 calories a day, have a solid cheat day once a week, heavy lifting 4 times a week and cardio 2-3 times a week.

Many strength athletes have been successful on keto, would I want to try it or reccomend anyone trying it? No.

Many strength athletes have been successful on keto, would I want to try it or reccomend anyone trying it? No.

So what conclusions/direction will you take from this thread to getting in shape?

Have you put together a plan based on this at all?

So what conclusions/direction will you take from this thread to getting in shape?

Have you put together a plan based on this at all?

I am going to do fullbody styled home workouts hitting every body part with plates, bands, and dumb bells. Some example excersises would overheadpress, curls, crunches, and pullups.
I will also be running daily and adjusting calorie intake accordingly.

As someone who has competed in bodybuilding diet is everything. Drink 1 -2 Gallons of water at one point I was drinking 3 gallons a day. Also lesser portions of meals but more meals through out the day is key too. Balanced meals I don’t eat after 7:30pm and I drink water before bed every night and sometimes a glass of red wine to help with the blood flow.

I am going to do fullbody styled home workouts hitting every body part with plates, bands, and dumb bells. Some example excersises would overheadpress, curls, crunches, and pullups.
I will also be running daily and adjusting calorie intake accordingly.

Sounds fine for a workout.
Add in squats to bulk out the most of your lower body muscles. Maybe some press ups too for core and chest strength.
Stick to work-outs being under an hour while keeping your heart rate up and you'll see progress within a month, if you stick to 5 days a week.

I'm 5'8" and just hit my goal of 75kg - took me about a year to go from 65kg to 75kg

Sounds fine for a workout.
Add in squats to bulk out the most of your lower body muscles. Maybe some press ups too for core and chest strength.
Stick to work-outs being under an hour while keeping your heart rate up and you'll see progress within a month, if you stick to 5 days a week.

I'm 5'8" and just hit my goal of 75kg - took me about a year to go from 65kg to 75kg

I have naturally big thighs and I am going to neglect my lower body altogether besides running daily. Those are not all of the excersizes I will be doing just a handful.

Thanks for the advice and it always feels nice when you finally reach your goal.

So I have a 30-40 lb dumb bells, 5-45 plates no barbell, and some bands, what do I do to get ripped.

This entire thread is basically neon asking for advice and then arguing/ignoring anything that doesn't confirm what he already was going to do. Chops seems like he actually knows what he's doing and probably can easily back up his claims if needed, I'd listen to him over any YouTuber selling you their Cinderella story.

I look forward to hearing about your lack of results in a few months. Keep us posted mr neon!

This entire thread is basically neon asking for advice and then arguing/ignoring anything that doesn't confirm what he already was going to do. Chops seems like he actually knows what he's doing and probably can easily back up his claims if needed, I'd listen to him over any YouTuber selling you their Cinderella story.

I look forward to hearing about your lack of results in a few months. Keep us posted mr neon!

I will check my progress thread I'll make just for you.

I have naturally big thighs and I am going to neglect my lower body altogether besides running daily. Those are not all of the excersizes I will be doing just a handful.

Thanks for the advice and it always feels nice when you finally reach your goal.

Word of the wise, you don't want to neglect your hamstrings and quads, working out your legs boosts your testosterone significantly, and will help you shred faster, and increase your strength all around.

Word of the wise, you don't want to neglect your hamstrings and quads, working out your legs boosts your testosterone significantly, and will help you shred faster, and increase your strength all around.

That may be true, but I don't want massive tree trunks and don't care about being a powerlifter.

That may be true, but I don't want massive tree trunks and don't care about being a powerlifter.
Doing light weight high rep workouts and eating 1800 calories you won't get massive legs, it will definitely help define them and boost your test, but it sounds like you have all the answers now, so good luck, and we are all looking forward to see your progress.

Doing light weight high rep workouts and eating 1800 calories you won't get massive legs, it will definitely help define them and boost your test, but it sounds like you have all the answers now, so good luck, and we are all looking forward to see your progress.

I made a thread right below this one. Check it out i will update daily.

Why?

You substitute carbs for fat and protein. It will take a while to get used to and you will need more than 3 meals a day. But done properly it's not a bad diet at all...
Idk if it’s been said already, but keto diet is just really bad for your body overall over a period of time. Without getting all sciencey and annoying, increasing the amount of ketones in your blood is going to increase your blood pH, and as a human you don’t wanna deviate far from a very specific range, or it causes countless amounts of issues, specifically over a period of time.

It’s mainly a fad, because sure you get results very quickly, but I can guarantee you that 90% of the people who choose to do keto don’t know the problems it causes. Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week at max while eating clean and reading your nutrition labels.

And to add, a lot of foods that you’re allowed to eat in keto are very high in cholesterol. Both “good” and “bad”, and regardless of which one it is, you don’t want too much of either.

Be careful where and who you get advice from op. I can say I’ve trained d1 athletes and former ifbb pros and give you some advice, but who knows if I’m credible? Last place you wanna get advice for bodybuilding is a twink forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread