US Gear your level 100 w me.

are there any 100 cloth wearer ? i tested a lvl100 using the 3 pieces lvl70 spellfire set, the total intel on the character decreases but the spellpower is significantly increased .. i was doing the test without proper gems and enchant .. i believe with the right gem and enchant the spellpower can go even higher. the lvl70 spellfire set even though it replaces 2 pcs of epic ilvl152 BOEs (glove, belt), it still gives a significant increase in total spellpower, net 6+%.

if the 7 gems used on the spellfire set are the 5int/6stam gems, the stamina suffers about 3+% .. meaning using the spellfire set will cause you to have a 3+% reduction in stamina, roughly about 600 health, on an average 15k, 16k character

so, is this increase of 6% spellpower, reduction of 3% stamina, plus probably reduction in respective 2nd stats worth it ?

whitemend set is still not working atm.

bracket is 100-109. stay 100 if you want to be able to use dungeon finder for pve.
just passing through on my way to 111!

NO! Stay and play! This bracket is amazing right now with how high secondary’s can get with gem stacking. You feel really strong even going solo in BGs

i have a number of mothballed 100s geared during legion time, no time to update their gears at the moment, they are using the 152s + 4 pcs 160s, totally outdated in bfa .. i am looking at this toon of yours, if you are using mostly the 144s, would it be better to swap them for the 136 which you can actually put some powerful enchants on ? the enchants cant be applied to gears higher than 136, but 136 and 144 are having almost not much diff in primary and secondary stats isnt it ?

i have a number of mothballed 100s geared during legion time, no time to update their gears at the moment, they are using the 152s + 4 pcs 160s, totally outdated in bfa .. i am looking at this toon of yours, if you are using mostly the 144s, would it be better to swap them for the 136 which you can actually put some powerful enchants on ? the enchants cant be applied to gears higher than 136, but 136 and 144 are having almost not much diff in primary and secondary stats isnt it ?

Look at my mage in sig. Thats how you want to gear. He’s sitting at 30% vers 40%+ mastery and almost 20% crit. And it’s kinda because what you said, you can enchant gear from places like TOT and SOO, + all those nasty gems.

NO! Stay and play! This bracket is amazing right now with how high secondary’s can get with gem stacking. You feel really strong even going solo in BGs
have a war and dk at 100 still for if i ever have the time. can barely eek out an hour or 2 a day for wow as it is.

* i dont mean to offend anyone, but i have to put m 2cents in here because i am getting annoyed by everyone thinking that every average joe and his momma is a damn twink...

i mean a twink is not subjective to your imagination a twink is literally the best gear you can get for a character of its level, that doesnt mean raid gear at the end tier of that expansion it just means the literal best gear that can be obtained what you are doing is not twinking its making a character and getting the gear you want on it.

* i dont mean to offend anyone, but i have to put m 2cents in here because i am getting annoyed by everyone thinking that every average joe and his momma is a damn twink...

i mean a twink is not subjective to your imagination a twink is literally the best gear you can get for a character of its level, that doesnt mean raid gear at the end tier of that expansion it just means the literal best gear that can be obtained what you are doing is not twinking its making a character and getting the gear you want on it.

You do know my characters always have both original/modern sets right?

i am getting annoyed by everyone thinking that every average joe and his momma is a damn twink...

Didnt I fund you a 59 personally? You should know first hand that I am aware of what twinking is: As you have seen multiple characters of mine. Just because someone thrives to get level-appropriate gear for nostalgic purposes doesn't make them any less of a twink. As I've stared earlier in the thread, I aim for multiple sets on my twinks. The entire point of this thread was to advertise the fact I am running mythic HFC weekly, and giving out the opportunity for other 100s to tag along.
To say "what you are doing is not twinking" is rather ignorant, as I can give out 84 different armory links to twinked out characters of mine.

Are you insinuating that a level 19 with 5-set defias isnt a twink because they aren't following the BG-crate/epic-proc versatility meta? That logic doesn't really make sense to me.

all im saying is the definition of twink is to have the best possible gear im not insinuating anything nor am i stabbing at you or anyone personally im just saying in general that everyone has watered down the term twink to having boas and enchants...

I don't normally agree with jwl, but this time I do. A lot of twinking is nostalgia and sentimental, getting the best gear/the gear you want and obtaining the play style you intend for your level for whatever your intent. Take for example my 69, i had an affinity to resist gear. Did I find it was by any means the best? By golly no, but it was still an advantage and something unique, something most people had forgotten or never even heard that they didnt know worked still and I still kept it and still now have it. And yet still it had a use, if any caster school rose through the ranks and became very popular I would be able to counter it decently. It may not be the best, but it doesn't have to be for it's purpose, only for the purpose I had set for it. Oh also, some of the trinkets and gear in Citadel is actually pretty nice especially with Tertiary and sockets. It can be not bad at all for 100s or 109s. Not trying to insult or target just adding my two cents!

haha all im saying is words have definitions and meanings you cant change what a word means cus you feel like it...

haha all im saying is words have definitions and meanings you cant change what a word means cus you feel like it...

Could you elaborate how I've tried to change the meaning of said words? Or perhaps answer the question I've previously asked?

Are you insinuating that a level 19 with 5-set defias isnt a twink because they aren't following the BG-crate/epic-proc versatility meta? That logic doesn't really make sense to me.

When I created my recent WOW account back in late 2017, I made this goal of achieving two twinks in every bracket (one alliance, one horde) and to obtain every legendary item on a twinked character. I wanted all of my raid-level twinks to accurately depict what they'd look like back in their corresponding expansion. Its a nostalgic thing - And while I have met these goals, I did conjure up multiple sets on most* of my characters that are more suiting to the new wave.

There are level 100 twinks running around with spellfire/whitemends gear. (70 content)
Last expansion "twinks" were in half white gear.
Twinking has really lost its value over time, and has become such an effortless thing. I personally find an old-school twinks armory much more fascinating than I would of someone in say, full crate gear. Its a breath of fresh air.
You dont have to agree with the way I gear MY characters, but dont shove words down my throat for me.

you literally said ill twink how i want to twink and you twink how you want to twink... there is no twinking my way and your way the best gear is the best gear perioud sure that varries by spec like say a fire mage in low brackets vs an arcane mage a fire mage would maximize haste which mean ssacrificing int over haste even if its just a few points even at level 70 80 90 100 you would get the most haste available wether that gear was level 20 or level 100 that is what being BIS means best in slot a twink is best in slot not however i see fit. sure bis is diferent per character class spec role etc. a bis item for a feral druid dps is dif than a guardian druid tank there are speed sets for fcing and many diferent types of gear but just saying that getting end game gear for whatever raid tier your twink is at makes it a twink well sorry hate to burst your bubble but thats not it. i have no idea how i offended you or why ppl are getting so defensive about this... bis is bis you cant change the sims you cant change the stats it is what it is period end of story. you can gear for your build or how you like to play i just dont see how getting raid gear makes you a twink.
[doublepost=1554325190,1554325155][/doublepost]on a side note though can anyone help me find some quests with haste trinkets for my 70 mage twinks fire set trying to quest and get epic procs but shit i suck at questing

you literally said ill twink how i want to twink and you twink how you want to twink... there is no twinking my way and your way the best gear is the best gear perioud sure that varries by spec like say a fire mage in low brackets vs an arcane mage a fire mage would maximize haste which mean ssacrificing int over haste even if its just a few points even at level 70 80 90 100 you would get the most haste available wether that gear was level 20 or level 100 that is what being BIS means best in slot a twink is best in slot not however i see fit. sure bis is diferent per character class spec role etc. a bis item for a feral druid dps is dif than a guardian druid tank there are speed sets for fcing and many diferent types of gear but just saying that getting end game gear for whatever raid tier your twink is at makes it a twink well sorry hate to burst your bubble but thats not it. i have no idea how i offended you or why ppl are getting so defensive about this... bis is bis you cant change the sims you cant change the stats it is what it is period end of story. you can gear for your build or how you like to play i just dont see how getting raid gear makes you a twink.
[doublepost=1554325190,1554325155][/doublepost]on a side note though can anyone help me find some quests with haste trinkets for my 70 mage twinks fire set trying to quest and get epic procs but shit i suck at questing

By definition, this is what the term twinking means, when referred to the gaming genre:
"twinking refers to outfitting a character or player with items or other resources that are not normally available to new or low-level characters"

Not once have you offended me either - you're just making points to claims that I've never made.
Have I once argued that the gear I farm is BIS? Nope
Have I tried to remold the term "twinking" into my take on it? Nope

I am just a player that has set a goal for himself: A goal where I obtain the highest raid-tier of gear possible for every expansion on a twinked character, and challenge myself to obtaining said expansions legendary items. I've done this for all previous expansions and I will continue doing this for the upcoming expansions. This does NOT mean they are the only items I acquire - and even if it did, you'd still be wrong to consider my characters anything other than twinks.

You (much like the majority of readers on this website) have terrible reading comprehension skills. And by your own logic, anyone who isnt minimaxed-BIS isnt a twinked character. Once again, you failed to answer my question, and wasted even more effort trying to disprove a claim I never made. 10/10

i mean maybe ur talking to the wrong person cus all i said was something about twinking and nothing directly at u maybe you thought i was talking to you but i was just talking about a very specific point some other guy brought up about end game gear or w/e

you literally said ill twink how i want to twink and you twink how you want to twink... there is no twinking my way and your way the best gear is the best gear perioud sure that varries by spec like say a fire mage in low brackets vs an arcane mage a fire mage would maximize haste which mean ssacrificing int over haste even if its just a few points even at level 70 80 90 100 you would get the most haste available wether that gear was level 20 or level 100 that is what being BIS means best in slot a twink is best in slot not however i see fit. sure bis is diferent per character class spec role etc. a bis item for a feral druid dps is dif than a guardian druid tank there are speed sets for fcing and many diferent types of gear but just saying that getting end game gear for whatever raid tier your twink is at makes it a twink well sorry hate to burst your bubble but thats not it.

Your definition of bis is not the same as everyone else's. Some guys laugh at stam stackers but that's how they roll for whatever it is they do. Is it "bis"? Maybe it is for what they do. Maybe he wants a 100 for Warlords-only content which could possibly make HFC gear bis. The word you keep referring to is a made up word in the first place. Its actual meaning (per the dictionary) is "to wink".

Don't trip over other people's opinions when it comes to something that doesn't have an official definition.

Users who are viewing this thread