Fun with Enhancement builds

@JadeFire hi
For whole 2 weeks im hunting for those perfectly rolled mastery pieces just cuz i red yr post about spellhance and now i cant ressist to this... all i do in wow is farming for my twink (1st one ever done by me for 14years btw)
now i have big missunderstanding with itemisation, i guess my eng is not good enought for now and i lost some important information
if its not hard for u, could u pls tell what is ur final version of spellhance and is bramblestaff worse than mok?
btw why dont we chant offhand w/ +4 dmg but attackpower?

@JadeFire hi
For whole 2 weeks im hunting for those perfectly rolled mastery pieces just cuz i red yr post about spellhance and now i cant ressist to this... all i do in wow is farming for my twink (1st one ever done by me for 14years btw)
now i have big missunderstanding with itemisation, i guess my eng is not good enought for now and i lost some important information
if its not hard for u, could u pls tell what is ur final version of spellhance and is bramblestaff worse than mok?
btw why dont we chant offhand w/ +4 dmg but attackpower?

You can sub as needed. If you can't find Savant use Harmonious (or whatever gives you the most Mastery)...Agility>Mastery>Verse

Head: i28 Green "of the Savant"
Neck: i28 Green "of the Savant"
Shoulder: Tidefury Shoulders
Cloak: i28 Green "of the Savant"
Chest: Vest of the Everliving
Wrist: i28 Green "of the Savant"
Gloves: Stormfront Gaultlets
Belt: Tarren Mill Defender Sinch
Legs: Kilt of Rolling Thunder
Boots: Auchenai Boots (enchant Panderan Step_
Ring: i28 Green "of the Savant"
Ring: i28 Green "of the Savant"
Trinket: PvP
Trinket: i28 Green +Mastery

Weapon 1: Mok +4 Weapon Damage
Weapon 2: Claw of the Watcher +7 Attack Power (just the way WoW works, you get far less from +weapon damage off hand as a Enhance)

*Slot all +3 Agility/ all other enchants +main stat.

*The Bramble staff was more of a meme... but it will give basically the same result... +4 weapon damage. Dual wield still lets you use Stormstrike and Lavalash, which is going to come up.

*I would use Sharpening Stone and Counter Weights INSTEAD of windfury and flame-tongue for MAXIMUM damage.

*You can Sub in Desolation Gear and Wyrm legs, its easier to get, but its just less damage.

*Obviously Gem slots > no gem slots.

*Obviously take Elemental Blast... Counterstrike Totem is a must and will still be about 50% of your damage.

Last edited:
In testing. Spell-hance just works the best with i34s (or better) (because of the mastery) All BC haste/crit gear with +3 agility and then SAVANT gear where applicable (neck, wrist, back, rings, 1 trinket).
Agility>Mastery>Verse
a bit confused... so what to prio after mastery ? verse or crit+haste? i think vers is good but +'n' to vers still worse than having 2 secondary stats on same slot. ofc i talk about TBC gear
btw spells as Enh scale w/ weapon damage or attack power?
i34 is artifact?

a bit confused... so what to prio after mastery ? verse or crit+haste? i think vers is good but +'n' to vers still worse than having 2 secondary stats on same slot. ofc i talk about TBC gear
btw spells as Enh scale w/ weapon damage or attack power?
i34 is artifact?

Agility>Mastery>Verse>>>>>>>>>>>>>Haste>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crit

Unless you are stacking Haste the benefits from having something pathetic like 10% Haste World or 7% Haste BG are worthless. The same is for Crit.... *for this build*

Agility is by far the most important stat for damage as it does not diminish from world to BG. Mastery has about a 16% loss from World to BG... but it still DIRECTLY effects your elemental damage more than Versatility does... when you can't stack any more Mastery you stack the next best thing to increase the damage which is Versatility (hence all the gem gear that has versatility)... then Haste and Crit... which do not matter much at all because the percentages of which you can get without trying to stacking them are pathetic.

"MORE SECONDARES!" is not always the answer when you are trying to do something very specific like GLASS CANNON... you would be 1000000% wrong if you took the Love haste necklace over a +25 Mastery necklace in this instance. More garbage stats is not always best.

The only time that Crit is good is when you stack it suicide style... I've had my highest damage Enhancement game from any build with 62% critical strike... i think it was like 135k-ish total damage or so. And its still my favorite build because you can randomly obliterate somebody... sometimes you get no crits because WoW sucks.

Last edited:
Now I see... quantity at some point become quality.
Thank you very much for your time and answers.
You mentioned your crit build, if ull had time maybe u could describe your talent/weapon choice and play style?
I'm very excited with nonmeta builds. My favourite was A.Speed rogue and sp.enh back at wrath so your post give me so much nostalgia... I hope I didn't annoyed you with that.
BTW if we stack vers+mastery can we be tanky enough to go full armor +stam gems and play around LS and counter strike totem? Something like mage bruiser. Just wanna know what u think (as a player who has experience in 20s bg).

Now I see... quantity at some point become quality.
Thank you very much for your time and answers.
You mentioned your crit build, if ull had time maybe u could describe your talent/weapon choice and play style?
I'm very excited with nonmeta builds. My favourite was A.Speed rogue and sp.enh back at wrath so your post give me so much nostalgia... I hope I didn't annoyed you with that.
BTW if we stack vers+mastery can we be tanky enough to go full armor +stam gems and play around LS and counter strike totem? Something like mage bruiser. Just wanna know what u think (as a player who has experience in 20s bg).

The +25 Crit rings and neck with the Panderian engineering goggles with 2 crit cogs and the +12 crit meta gem from BC plus the 2 piece Desolation gear bonus are a huge part of it... I just geared the rest up with various "decimator" pieces ... Mok and Claw of the Watcher are always my go to's. +2 ag +2 crit gems.

Melee Proc: this build goes for getting double attacks off 3 specific items seeking to maximize Windfury procs. Recommend gear would be Haste/Mastery Focused for increased Windfury chance. Downside procs are on the low side. Recommended talent: Forceful Winds.

Elemental force on both weapons recommended for max damage output.

Flurry Axe, Ironfoe, Hand of Justice
*GASP* I want to do this on my warrior!! I wouldn't have windfury, though, ofcourse.

So ironfoe drops AND works? Interesting...
edit: is ironfoe unique-equipped?

*GASP* I want to do this on my warrior!! I wouldn't have windfury, though, ofcourse.

So ironfoe drops AND works? Interesting...
edit: is ironfoe unique-equipped?

1) Its not great the proc is really bad... ironfoe works... hand works... warrior can use the heirloom thrash blade as well instead of flurry.

The extra attack build It is indeed garbage for any class/spec.

If you want to try a fun build on a Fury that is STILL TRASH but not unplayable I would try the all haste one that I posted.

Trucheon, bladefist, Rezan Eye, Dimetrodon Fin, and meta gem Thunder, gives you some wacky Haste procs that can get you up to 100% haste frequently with Enrage (since enrage is a percentage bonus of your current haste... so when you have a proc from one of those items you go nuclear). When you have crusader up and 60+ haste... you eat people.

You need a pocket healer, but you can take any twink to brown town in about a second if you get the procs.

It's pretty much the same for enhance, you just don't get crusader.

Opinion from this:

185-190 agi, 2100hp, 100-100rat haste/crit, 50vers + some mastery with ilvl34 artifact (striking+potency)
You are talking from haste/crit as shit stats but haste brings down cds quite well and crit is always good to have.
Or just go with forceful winds?

Have mok+bladefist and trunch but it dont seems improve me...

Spirit shard currency 2crit+minor speed meta gem is stacking with ghost wolf or minor speed?

https://www.wowhead.com/item=39484/spiked-collar-of-servitude?bonus=6691
This also not a bad necklace
4agi 5stam 4crit 11hast

Big Hitter:
– this build goes for the biggest hits possible using a 3.60 weapon speed main hand. Would maximize Verse/Mastery for the biggest hits. Recommend Talent is Elemental Blast as they are quite large with the Headcracker/Verse/Mastery.

Mok’Morokk’s Headcracker (+weapon damage enchant), Claw of the Watcher (+attack power enchant) - This is the only build where I would used weighted stones for +weapon damage instead of windfury/flametougne for big hits.
I have not accomplished this yet, but this is one I do what to try badly.
Bramble Staff: Elite Spellhancement No-Melee. +17 agility enchant. Maximize Mastery in all slots for bonkers Elemental Blast/ Lighting Bolt damage, +25 Mastery Rings, etc. Full retard.
Hey, all
This turned out to be superhelpful, as I have an old shammy with some odd gear/issues.

Re: Big Hitter. So, with weightstones, you're giving up Lava Lash right? That has to have flametongue.

Issue: I have a shammy with a 1H 2.6 speed mace...No agi, and WOW doesn't recognize it as a 1H. Even with flametongue on both weapons, it won't let me Lavalash, if I put this mace in the MH slot. If I put it in OH, then I can Lavalash.

Related question: In current Enh, how does OH damage factor in? Depends on the spells? (I remember 'striking with both wpns').

RE: 2H Spellhance
Same shammy has an old 2H, with +9 Spellpower. IIRC I got it off the AH already enchanted (Not my idea; don't blame me). Do the Enh-spec spells (EB,LB etc) only scale off Agi/AP? Not int or SP?

Last edited:
Hey Jade. How would you gear an Enhancement Shaman with TBC gear? Would you just play the normal way with the budget twink gear? Or how would you socket and enchant to get at least enough to be Spellenhance enough to be a menace at range without having to get rolfstomped by Hunters because you need to get near the fight to hit things?

I spent around 3 hours testing trashblade mechanics ( items like irone foe) and found that during 2 minute tests ( over and over again) I get about 2-3 procs. On my rogue with 100% attack speed ( haste+ s/d) I get about 4-6 per 2 minute test periods. This could only ever be worth doing with moks or a blue/purple quality cudgel and even then probably only as rogue ( highest attack speed) Extra hit items use your MH damage over offhand btw. I have a smf warrior but without the high attack speed that rogues can get it is really not good.

As for spell enhance I would personally go agility-mastery-haste until your ele blast is 1.7 inside bgs then vers. 2 sec ele blast casts are not terrible but the 2 second Lb casts are.

Hey Jade. How would you gear an Enhancement Shaman with TBC gear? Would you just play the normal way with the budget twink gear? Or how would you socket and enchant to get at least enough to be Spellenhance enough to be a menace at range without having to get rolfstomped by Hunters because you need to get near the fight to hit things?

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/slackjackson

BC gear versatility set.

For a build that just is a catch all for doing shit in BGs. Just max hp and versatility.

more than 50% of your damage comes from getting lucky with counterstrike totem and elemental force in BGs anyway.

28% versatility in BG nets as much damage as stacking agility and bumbling around with mastery.

I don't know what you consider "Big Dick games", but 100k plus in a pug is what the bar is basically at... can do that more than easily with that build... and you are hard to kill.

Plus you are just wargame/arena ready in some capacity.

So, full sockettard, talasites, Ele force ( why not the +weap damage enchants? Are they only worth it with the 28 terts and seconds? ) and CST the mid fights in WSG? Got it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/blackwing-lair/slackjackson

BC gear versatility set.

For a build that just is a catch all for doing shit in BGs. Just max hp and versatility.

more than 50% of your damage comes from getting lucky with counterstrike totem and elemental force in BGs anyway.

28% versatility in BG nets as much damage as stacking agility and bumbling around with mastery.

I don't know what you consider "Big Dick games", but 100k plus in a pug is what the bar is basically at... can do that more than easily with that build... and you are hard to kill.

Plus you are just wargame/arena ready in some capacity.
So u gave up on EliteSpellHance? pitty
As for spell enhance I would personally go agility-mastery-haste until your ele blast is 1.7 inside bgs then vers. 2 sec ele blast casts are not terrible but the 2 second Lb casts are.
im now at 1.9s and its feels like shooting from 18century guns (never tried but sure its slow af)

So, full sockettard, talasites, Ele force ( why not the +weap damage enchants? Are they only worth it with the 28 terts and seconds? ) and CST the mid fights in WSG? Got it.

If you are hitting things with your weapons elemental force is just better. You will net more off of flameshock procs, windfury procs, etc with elemental force over the course of a game.

Yeah, but you have to do it with the versatility set... if you use the haste/crit desolation gear with talasites your damage will be ball-sack.

If your socket/tert rings really help you with what you are doing, sure use it... if you are just gonna take some crit/haste turd because it has a socket and +speed... wrong.

If you are looking for a tert tho with shaman I would take leech because you already have ghostwolf.

I mean I have like 8 or so different builds for slackjackson.

Users who are viewing this thread