US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

How is Fury in PvE @ 50? Friend of mine might faction change his Tauren 50 Warrior and wants to know if Arms is better overall compared to Fury? I haven't tested it out myself since MoP.

I was just wondering if you are still recruiting/have space for/need healers? This sounds fantastic and I would love to play a resto sham through classic content

I was just wondering if you are still recruiting/have space for/need healers? This sounds fantastic and I would love to play a resto sham through classic content

Yes! In order to continue with bwl progression we need more heals and dps. So if you wanna roll a rshaman you should totally do it!

How is Fury in PvE @ 50? Friend of mine might faction change his Tauren 50 Warrior and wants to know if Arms is better overall compared to Fury? I haven't tested it out myself since MoP.
I've been testing and it's like 50 dps behind arms. I play it when I'm not tanking. Only smf though, Titan's grip is like 150 behind.

Congrats on all the kills guys. I'm dissapointed I couldn't make it, but I'm looking forward to progressing into BWL with all of you in the near future!

- Meduzz

Attachments

• WoWScrnShot_010413_015835.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_010413_015835.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 217
So, after a couple of hours of questing I got my 359il cloak and chanted it. Since I was already dps testing, I decided to grab a cheap shadowblade off the ah and slap a mongoose on it to see whether it was better than my current dire nail. Turns out I've been wrong this whole time and mongoose procs are much better than the passive 20 agi I was using before... Thanks to that and my new cloak, I'm currently doing over 900 dps on Meduzz. Looking forward to the raid tomorrow now~

I'm kind of excited to make a Druid tank now :D

Did some math....

Apparently druid tanks get a 25% increase in stamina while warrior tanks only get a 15% health increase. However in BiS Gear, a warrior tank will still have Approx 750-1000 more health than a druid tank unbuffed.
Druid tanks will passively have more CTC than a warrior
Druid tanks will passively have more armor than a warrior
Warriors will passively take 13% less physical damage, but the same amount of magical damage.
Warriors can only block attacks, which reduces the damage received by 30%; while druids can negate the entire attack but suffers from DRs and RNG w/ dodge.
Druid tanks only have ironbark(20% 1min) and (if you pick it) Cenarion Ward(Powerful HoT. 30secCD). While Warriors have Shield Wall(40% 5min) and Last Stand(30% health increase. 3min). imo that is balanced seeing the cooldown on ironbark compared to Laststand and Shield wall.
Warrior's self heals only work when they are below 35% health. However Druids can self heal every 1 minute for over 5k noncrit(Cenarion Ward will be better in 5.2). Druids also heal themselves for 4% of their healthpool every 6 seconds when they crit(basically like having second wind but for druids).
Due to ThunderClap being melee-based(but it isn't dodge/parry-able), Warriors have better AoE threat than a Druids; but equally good single-target threat.
Druid tanks can keep Savage Defense up more active than a Warrior tank can keep up Shield Block, due to the rage-regeneration advantage from abilities. But RNG and DRs start taking into effect really vigorously when you end up tanking more than 1 NPC; Warrior tanks dont have DRs with Blocking.

My Hypothesis:

Druid tanks will passively take more damage than a Warrior tank. However a Druid tank will require LESS healing than a warrior tank will.

When Savage Defense is down, pop Cenarion Ward. Gain as much rage while Cenarion ward is up, then switch to savage defense when it's over.
When Savage Defense is down and CW is on CD, pop Ironbark. Gain as much rage as possible while Ironbark is up.
When Savage Defense is down, and Ironbark is on CD, CW should be up.
During all of that, you will be self healing yourself from your Crits.
When Savage defense is down, Ironbark is on CD, and Cenarion Ward is on CD; you then pop Berserk. This will massively increase your rage regeneration. During this time, your Savage defense will be up for about the entire cooldown on Ironbark.

After using Berserk, you'll have enough rage to last 30 seconds with Savage defense alone, but you'll actually be saving that rage to rotate Cenarion Ward and Ironbark; making that rage last even longer.

At the end of the result, Druid tanks are BiS for offtanking with little-medium healing required to keep them up. but as long as warrior's thunderclaps don't get parried/dodge and puts bleed effects on their targets; warrior tanks will still have the edge of being Main Tanks due to threat advantages from thunderclap.

On fights like garr, I really doubt a Druid tank could outplay a Warrior tank. But any tank-n-spank fights/phases; you wont even need to cast a heal on a druid tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kind of excited to make a Druid tank now :D

Did some math....

Apparently druid tanks get a 25% increase in stamina while warrior tanks only get a 15% health increase. However in BiS Gear, a warrior tank will still have Approx 750-1000 more health than a druid tank unbuffed.
Druid tanks will passively have more CTC than a warrior
Druid tanks will passively have more armor than a warrior
Warriors will passively take 13% less physical damage, but the same amount of magical damage.
Warriors can only block attacks, which reduces the damage received by 30%; while druids can negate the entire attack but suffers from DRs and RNG w/ dodge.
Druid tanks only have ironbark(20% 1min) and (if you pick it) Cenarion Ward(Powerful HoT. 30secCD). While Warriors have Shield Wall(40% 5min) and Last Stand(30% health increase. 3min). imo that is balanced seeing the cooldown on ironbark compared to Laststand and Shield wall.
Warrior's self heals only work when they are below 35% health. However Druids can self heal every 1 minute for over 5k noncrit(Cenarion Ward will be better in 5.2). Druids also heal themselves for 4% of their healthpool every 6 seconds when they crit(basically like having second wind but for druids).
Due to ThunderClap being melee-based(but it isn't dodge/parry-able), Warriors have better AoE threat than a Druids; but equally good single-target threat.
Druid tanks can keep Savage Defense up more active than a Warrior tank can keep up Shield Block, due to the rage-regeneration advantage from abilities. But RNG and DRs start taking into effect really vigorously when you end up tanking more than 1 NPC; Warrior tanks dont have DRs with Blocking.

My Hypothesis:

Druid tanks will passively take more damage than a Warrior tank. However a Druid tank will require LESS healing than a warrior tank will.

When Savage Defense is down, pop Cenarion Ward. Gain as much rage while Cenarion ward is up, then switch to savage defense when it's over.
When Savage Defense is down and CW is on CD, pop Ironbark. Gain as much rage as possible while Ironbark is up.
When Savage Defense is down, and Ironbark is on CD, CW should be up.
During all of that, you will be self healing yourself from your Crits.
When Savage defense is down, Ironbark is on CD, and Cenarion Ward is on CD; you then pop Berserk. This will massively increase your rage regeneration. During this time, your Savage defense will be up for about the entire cooldown on Ironbark.

After using Berserk, you'll have enough rage to last 30 seconds with Savage defense alone, but you'll actually be saving that rage to rotate Cenarion Ward and Ironbark; making that rage last even longer.

At the end of the result, Druid tanks are BiS for offtanking with little-medium healing required to keep them up. but as long as warrior's thunderclaps don't get parried/dodge and puts bleed effects on their targets; warrior tanks will still have the edge of being Main Tanks due to threat advantages from thunderclap.

On fights like garr, I really doubt a Druid tank could outplay a Warrior tank. But any tank-n-spank fights/phases; you wont even need to cast a heal on a druid tank.

And Warden Staff - Item - World of Warcraft with Goose is like the perfect weapon!

Even tough Jordan with Chain is probs better ):

Alright guys next week Saturday and Sunday are both progression, if you want <Fifty> to down this upcoming boss please make an effort to show up to both raid nights we will need all of you in order to get a kill. Please tell everyone you can about this raid, im making this announcement early since we realy cant have a raid like we did last weekend if we ever want to get some new boss kills, so guys show up or else we will never get him down. Im aware we will require up to 20 people to even have a chance at this fight due to the crazy abilitys you have to take into consideration. Also if after multiple attempts its clear that we cannot handle the boss fight we will be going to AQ40 since early AQ40 content is easier than this buffed BWL content. So guys show up for garenteed boss kills :)

Thirk since I cannot msg you in the forums, i'll just post here:

I have a bit of a request. Can you promote thelse to the actual guild leader of <FIFTY> so that we can make full use of the guild?

IE: Buying more tabs, filling the guild bank with proper raiding consumables/gear, etc etc.

I just got done buying nearly 4000 Herbs along with my other 1000 Elixirs that I've already made. I have 2 banks full of toons with nothing but consumables. I'd really like to start storing them in the guild bank with thelse supervising who gets what.

Just until you can come back.

<3<3<3

And Warden Staff - Item - World of Warcraft with Goose is like the perfect weapon!

Even tough Jordan with Chain is probs better ):
If you're going for stamina, the heirloom version far exceedes that. It gives 22 stamina and in bear form 15 crit and haste, plus agility. Armor is increased in bear form though and dodge is a fairly nice stat, though you get a lot inherently. Also you can put mongoose on the it. In terms of wep chain, hit is not a concern, at least on my druid. I have 10% without trying. Chain would cap you easily, so I see no reason to use jordan.

If you're going for stamina, the heirloom version far exceedes that. It gives 22 stamina and in bear form 15 crit and haste, plus agility. Armor is increased in bear form though and dodge is a fairly nice stat, though you get a lot inherently. Also you can put mongoose on the it. In terms of wep chain, hit is not a concern, at least on my druid. I have 10% without trying. Chain would cap you easily, so I see no reason to use jordan.

I'm at 3.5% >_< How does your gear differ from mine, aside from prolly LW pants?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the cape and shoulders, which I'm replacing with slavedrivers cane, and token of the bond. Also you might want to get familiar with uldaman, since it has some crazy good drops (like a ring with 13 stamina and 167 armor). Once I get more equated with wowhead profiler I'll fix the guide.

Users who are viewing this thread