US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

Alright guys as Thirk has said first raid of Fifty 2.0 on this Friday, please make it if you can because it will give me and Thirk a good idea on numbers. We are also going to be considering leadership roles to people that show up.
I may not be able to make it on Friday but if Thirk is unable to clear it on Friday I may start a raid on Saturday.
As Thirk has said we are looking into mods to make the Fifty experience even better.
Also for new people considering joining the project know that we are looking to cap on healers and tanks asap so if you are unsure about what to roll warrior tanks and gnome priests are probably the main things we are looking for at the moment.
Looking forward to continueing progressing again asap so lets get a good show to this first raid :)

T-minus 2 hours until raid time. Lets see if we can pull some decent numbers tonight. Even if you can't come, please let me know you're listening by posting here.

I most likely will be there.

Any stream tonight just out of curiosity if you guys have enough?

Any stream tonight just out of curiosity if you guys have enough?
Seems like we only got 5 on today. I was warned beforehand that Saturday may be a better time, so we're trying again tomorrow at 8PM EST. I'm going to try and get the addon stuff done before that to ensure people are synced up and know what's going on.

I work tomorrow morning, so I will be able to make it tomorrow. Cya guys tomorrow :)

I wont make an promises but I am going to try to make the raid tonight. I still have my rogue at level 50 on the server so im ready to go.

-Frostreaver

Alright guys we should have a good show tonight, if you plan on coming log on a few minutes early so we can get this started on time. We will probably be streaming this so stay tuned for vent details.

Get on guys. We really need everyone tonight.

Good raid tonight. Lets get the momentum rolling up again!

Yea great work guys, good to see we still have a lot of people dedicated. I reckon we are going to be be spending the next few weeks adapting to 5.0.4 or whatever hits on Tue so keep gearing and lets get back next week or whenever we can and make another good go at raiding content.

Hey guys, with 5.0.4 coming out in a few hours im asking anyone who logs on after the update and notices anything that may affect 50s to post on this thread asap.
A few things we are expecting/unsure about is.
-Raid content being doubled (2x damage, 2xhp)
-Classes what is viable what is BIS and the state of healers and tanks ability to tank the classic content.
-Gear, any new gear and exactly whta gear is removed.
Thanks guys :)

Hey guys, with 5.0.4 coming out in a few hours im asking anyone who logs on after the update and notices anything that may affect 50s to post on this thread asap.
A few things we are expecting/unsure about is.
-Raid content being doubled (2x damage, 2xhp)
-Classes what is viable what is BIS and the state of healers and tanks ability to tank the classic content.
-Gear, any new gear and exactly whta gear is removed.
Thanks guys :)
I'll be posting about these issues/upcomings as soon as I make note of their existence, so stay tuned for some information coming at you.

I just want to make sure everyone who did not attend the last raid or does not already know understands the big mana change. Intellect is no longer giving mana. Your mana is instead being based on your level. This puts spirit in a much higher position than previously. Items that would normally be almost wrote off for their high spirit at the cost of intellect have now become arguably best in slot. For instance, Dalewind Trousers - Item - World of Warcraft among priests and resto druids are going to be a much greater item than before(pallies and spell using shamans should still use green dragonscale for the set bonus).
I'll just list a few more big items I saw that have recently rose in viability, arguably to the point of Bis:
Eye of Adaegus - Item - World of Warcraft
Obsidian-Flecked Cape - Item - World of Warcraft is taking the lead against Caretaker's Cape - Item - World of Warcraft
Lei of Lilies - Item - World of Warcraft is now a clear bis item if it wasn't already, the dragon's eye is still fine if you have it
Robes of Insight - Item - World of Warcraft is the best thing if you didn't get Alanna's embrace fast enough (for clothies and leather users)
Sandals of the Insurgent - Item - World of Warcraft Are decent if you feel like not using rocket boots for some odd reason. WARNING they are leather.
Gloves of the Atal'ai Prophet - Item - World of Warcraft Are now the best priest gloves versus Bloodfire talons
Stonerender Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft These are pretty awesome, but not in my mind worth losing green dragonscale.
Cogspinner Goggles - Item - World of Warcraft Cogspinner goggles of the elder, if they didn't before, blow all other head slots out of the water imo. Another leather warning here.
Scepter of the Unholy - Item - World of Warcraft could challenge the heirloom mace due to it's combination of spirit and the 30 int enchant
Mountainside Buckler - Item - World of Warcraft is now taking the best in slot vote for me, crest of supremacy is still viable however. Plus it looks great with the green dragonsacle mail.
Living Shoulders - Item - World of Warcraft these now are decidedly better than ironfeather shoulders.
Flamescarred Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft this will be replacing my thuzadin sash asap. Leather warning.
Dryad's wrists, the pvp bracers, will stay on my list even though they are inferior in spirit. The int is too good.
In terms of trinkets for non-gnomes, double mindtap talisman is now pretty nice. I'll keep my power of the high chief however. Just remember that, as new items and things are being added and others disappear from the loot tables, intellect is still important. Don't get rid of your noise machines for a mindtap or something silly just because spirit is getting a higher place on the totem pole. And for the love of god don't use something like stockade pauldrons in your healing set for the spirit.

I know I just posted but I have some nice updates for the holy paladin class. All of my spells seem to hit for twice what they did in cata. My holy lights heal for 1.5k and crit for 3k. Cata they healed for 700 and crit for 1.5. The same all across the board in healing and damage, my judgements hitting for 300 as opposed to 150 and even denounce doing double the cata damage of my exo's. For talents I chose pursuit of justice for passive movespeed, repentance for utility(I don't expect to land my Hoj with zero hit) and eternal flame because it looked awesome. Eternal flame is acting a bit odd. It ticks for double what it did like 10 minutes ago and the ticks seem to crit now individually, as opposed to what I said before. Judgement is now useless from what I can see with no seals of the pure, however it now it scales off of spellpower (shockadins rejoice!) However, this is huge because our spirit regen in combat is going down, making spirit a bigger thing than it was. To sum it up, with my terrible gear and no enchants, I seem to have twice the spellpower, devaluing int and making a spirit intensive gear build great. In terms of mana pool, I was able to chain cast 16 flash of lights in combat. Holy radiance is pretty cool to have, 1k heal on the target and 500 to six people around me. Very short range, mana intensive(essentially the cost of a flash heal) and no idea if it is a smart heal if you somehow fit more than six into it's range. Not super impressed with it. Still no divine light, angers me. That's all I can see atm, more possible as I see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Fifty just got a lot easyer. Healers now heal a ton more with enough mana regen to just spam. Hear tanks have a lot more HP now. Overall I like tehse changes in terms for the Fifty project, thinking bought a raid for this weekend to see exactly how much easyer stuff is please post if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread