US FIFTY - Classic Raiding done right - We need YOU!

yea aq 40 will be a huuuuuuuuuge challenge, but still the hp aint too bad. iirc i dont think tanks were at or over 10k till t3 geared & fully raid buffed - but they did have the advantage of gaining defense and other tanking stats where as all of your stats are static. should be interesting to see how this works out

oh and anyone who wants the dragon sword from ST better start farming early and often (and/or thinking of plan B weapons). only seen that bastard drop once during my whole time in WoW

yea aq 40 will be a huuuuuuuuuge challenge, but still the hp aint too bad. iirc i dont think tanks were at or over 10k till t3 geared & fully raid buffed - but they did have the advantage of gaining defense and other tanking stats where as all of your stats are static. should be interesting to see how this works out

oh and anyone who wants the dragon sword from ST better start farming early and often (and/or thinking of plan B weapons). only seen that bastard drop once during my whole time in WoW
They buffed the drop to a whopping 5% :/

yea but it is easier to farm since all the changes i do believe. still might take a while tho

sucks to look back though. ST was a well designed dungeon with mini bosses that held up the shield, the basement with the statues you had to hit in the right order to get the boss, the lvl 50 class quests (still there?), knowing which rooms had the right bosses and the right order....good times

maybe not a fully geared 60 from todays times, but back in vanilla 9k is wayyyyyy more than a tank would have

This is what I was referring to. Aside from the badass trinkets that are available for 60s, the lvl 50 Tanks will be just as geared(if not better geared) than the oldschool lvl 60 tanks before BC/WotLK/Cata Came out

Ding 50 on my Warrior along with Oletha's Lock. Got the BoE gear for both of us minus 1 or 2 pieces. Let the gearing commence.

made an attempt at a ret pal: chardev 9
some alternate gear choices: (helm) polished helm of valor, helm of the executioner; (cape) dreadshredder cloak; (chest) spiderfang carapace; (ring) ember worg eye, zin-malor ring; (hands) golem-smasher's grips; (feet) entrenching boots

ret seems like it could be one of the best melee dps choices. you can hit cap (1% easier/allows for better itemization as draenei), get loads of expertise more than other classes thanks to 10 free from a glyph, and get pretty good levels of AP/crit. itd be ever better if haste was more available for quicker CS, but oh well. only issues could be going oom, but ret spec + replen should be ok

made an attempt at a ret pal: chardev 9
some alternate gear choices: (helm) polished helm of valor, helm of the executioner; (cape) dreadshredder cloak; (chest) spiderfang carapace; (ring) ember worg eye, zin-malor ring; (hands) golem-smasher's grips; (feet) entrenching boots

ret seems like it could be one of the best melee dps choices. you can hit cap (1% easier/allows for better itemization as draenei), get loads of expertise more than other classes thanks to 10 free from a glyph, and get pretty good levels of AP/crit. itd be ever better if haste was more available for quicker CS, but oh well. only issues could be going oom, but ret spec + replen should be ok
You've been making some pretty good chardevs. You sure you're not interested in making a toon yourself? :p

Can anyone create me a bis rogue? I have a good idea of what ill need but just want second thoughts. I think I should be able to start gearing tonight
Here's a guideline, but the gloves probably need to be replaced, along with weapons, legs, and the talent spec should be combat.

We're going to start farming Tribute runs and Sunken Temple soon for everyone's epics and gear (Treant's Bane, Dragon's Call, Embrace of the Wind Serpent). Hit 50 and get ready, we're probably starting that this weekend!

Stungi has still not replied to my pm or been on skype
:/

Yeap im @ home now xd took little longer + my credit card is fucked up, need to go fix it at bank today.

btw im rolling warrior, i can't roll caster or healer because i need loom staff.

ps. falkor roll 50 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As I am in also from EU, I obviously don't have a chance to get heirlooms, what class should I pick from that perspective? And also from a perspective that what class is needed for the project at this moment?

EDIT: Oh, and I was also wondering if it is possible to do this with an account that only has TBC (till now) unlocked? Or do I need WotLK/Cataclysm for some elements? I think some leg enchants come from WotLK but do I need the expansions if someone else puts them on my legs?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have been looking around for alternative armour for a holy priest to replace the heirlooms which I can't get, I was thinking maybe these?
http://www.wowhead.com/item=11623
http://www.wowhead.com/item=22412
Your thoughts?

I think the shoulders are not worse nor better than the heirloom equivalent, on the cloak I lose some stats, but in time (in alot of time) I can get the cloak, when I hit honored with guild.

As I am in also from EU, I obviously don't have a chance to get heirlooms, what class should I pick from that perspective? And also from a perspective that what class is needed for the project at this moment?

EDIT: Oh, and I was also wondering if it is possible to do this with an account that only has TBC (till now) unlocked? Or do I need WotLK/Cataclysm for some elements? I think some leg enchants come from WotLK but do I need the expansions if someone else puts them on my legs?

Thanks in advance.

Roll a resto shaman as well definitely need one and heirlooms wont be too critical since youll play mostly support

Ok, started levelling my priest now, I hope I can ding 50 before weekend so I can join for the gear runs in Sunken Temple :D

I think we need all classes so feel free to roll anything but i haven't heard many people are rolling healers.

Yeah, I was also wondering with how many people would we do MC? It is a 40-people raid after all, but I think minimum with 30? And how many of them would be healers, should be actually a significant amount. Anyways I may be able to get to 50 this saturday, then I'll just start levelling enchanting and engineering, there you got one great healer already then ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread