Farming v Containing

If you manage to kill them in middle first, though.

How'd they die in mid where theres space to move from ranged dps, range CC, back up defensively and whatnot, and not die in GY where there's not really any space to back up or avoid cc?

How'd they die in mid where theres space to move from ranged dps, range CC, back up defensively and whatnot, and not die in GY where there's not really any space to back up or avoid cc?

Don't underestimate ranged classes, especially the more powerful ones.

I usually go with.
Aslong as all 3 flags are capped in minimum time I don't care what happends inbtw.

What are you even implying here? Bad teams can contain too, and that somehow makes the team being contained good? I'm not following

Getting contained has nothing to do with the team being bad or good. It really only depends on the amount of Hunters on the team. You are the one implying only bad teams get contained. If you are being vague, then i´m allowed to be aswell.

Getting contained has nothing to do with the team being bad or good. It really only depends on the amount of Hunters on the team. You are the one implying only bad teams get contained. If you are being vague, then i´m allowed to be aswell.

The team is bad if it can't handle a couple hunters

Other than a few exchanges directed at individual people, this looks like healthy conversation to me. I hope the mods don't panic on this thread just because others have gone over the line. Healthy, heartfelt debate, and expressing opinions without trying to invalidate other opinions, should be encouraged and allowed to go on.

For me containment is a highly successful and competitive strategy to win Warsong gulch. However I feel that it shouldn't be utilized if doing so damages queue times, or if the bracket is quite small. As Fc for RT my job is just to make sure flags are capping asap and as of me joining the guild caps have gone one after the other.

on my 24 ally fc I've noticed that whichever team has the more fotm dps pushed the other team into gy and doesn't even think about capping flags. I see a lot of group queuing 24s which just doesn't make sense to me. Most 20-24 games are low on organization and more casual and people take that as an opportunity to "pwn noobs"

For me a "good team" is one who is organized and works together to complete the objectives asap. All it takes to steamroll a team is a few fotm 24s in Skype looking to raise their hks knowing that most f2p players are soloqueued. That doesn't necessarily mean that those players are more "skilled" or "talented" however, they're just using class vs class fotm mechanics.

Just my 2c,
Mocha

For me containment is a highly successful and competitive strategy to win Warsong gulch. However I feel that it shouldn't be utilized if doing so damages queue times, or if the bracket is quite small. As Fc for RT my job is just to make sure flags are capping asap and as of me joining the guild caps have gone one after the other.

on my 24 ally fc I've noticed that whichever team has the more fotm dps pushed the other team into gy and doesn't even think about capping flags. I see a lot of group queuing 24s which just doesn't make sense to me. Most 20-24 games are low on organization and more casual and people take that as an opportunity to "pwn noobs"

For me a "good team" is one who is organized and works together to complete the objectives asap. All it takes to steamroll a team is a few fotm 24s in Skype looking to raise their hks knowing that most f2p players are soloqueued. That doesn't necessarily mean that those players are more "skilled" or "talented" however, they're just using class vs class fotm mechanics.

Just my 2c,
Mocha

I agree, however in this bracket, there is no need to contain.
The only time you should use that strat imo is when in a pre made vs pre made situation, you don't meet in the middle in this bracket you run either side, so no point GY farming, defence/offence is the right thing to do

I agree, however in this bracket, there is no need to contain.
The only time you should use that strat imo is when in a pre made vs pre made situation, you don't meet in the middle in this bracket you run either side, so no point GY farming, defence/offence is the right thing to do
I agree. I honestly wish containment strategies were never used as it makes for more interesting games without them. For me I wish it were only used in premades and RBGs. For me I wish people wouldn't group queue in Skype on fotm dps with the intentions of stomping as it makes for brutally boring games for everyone and most people get frustrated and afk anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. I honestly wish containment strategies were never used as it makes for more interesting games without them. For me I wish it were only used in premades and RBGs. For me I wish people wouldn't group queue in Skype on fotm dps with the intentions of stomping as it makes for brutally boring games for everyone and most people get frustrated and afk anyways.
Ironic Mesikammen likes this post and does it non the less. Had to say this however..

I wouldnt call gy containing standing below and shooting up their gy while people spawn, I would call that gy farming and containing atleast stand near the tunnel or the roads so people atleast are able to buff up and prepare for the fight. Everything you do when people are not prepared at the gy is just camping and abuse of power.

Let the team rez and set up and have a fair game. It takes no skill to blow up someone just coming off a rez.

Not to be all "in my day" but there WAS a time that if you were AP it meant you
1.) Got BiS pre boa before stepping into a BG.
2.) Refused to farm, in every sense of the word.

Those 2 things show you have honor for the game, your team, and your opponent. I see no reason why they shouldn't continue.

Ironic Mesikammen likes this post and does it non the less. Had to say this however..

I wouldnt call gy containing standing below and shooting up their gy while people spawn, I would call that gy farming and containing atleast stand near the tunnel or the roads so people atleast are able to buff up and prepare for the fight. Everything you do when people are not prepared at the gy is just camping.

Did you come here just for personal bashes? Hell yeah! Let's totally derail a great ontopic oriented thread :)

ps. I don't groupq to roflstomp, I groupq to have fun with friends. If you got 3-0'd by my party, why not simply just deal with it & let it be? Please PM me in case you have some personal issues with me and I'll take a look on it ;)

Did you come here just for personal bashes? Hell yeah! Let's totally derail a great ontopic oriented thread :)
I didnt talk about 5 manning anything, i am talking about you and your friends grouping and gy farming. You contradict your self by implying you dont do such things while you do, its hillarious. You need proof? i have enough screens of that.

edit; make a new post instead of editing after 5 minutes when people make replies to the things you say..

I didnt talk about 5 manning anything, i am talking about you and your friends grouping and gy farming. You contradict your self by implying you dont do such things while you do, its hillarious. You need proof? i have enough screens of that.

" I wish people wouldn't group queue in Skype on fotm dps with the intentions of stomping"

I don't group queue with the intensions of stomping. Lock, hunter, druid, warrior, mage, pally, shammy, the classes that I play @20-24, all obviously fotm. After all, what would people not call fotm these days? :) It's a word that is being used in every other sentence, has lost its meaning a loooong time ago anyways.

But yeah, of course I only play the fotm classes, que with other fotm people with the simple intention to go straight for the GY and stay there the full 20 minutes. Always been my thing, right?

Feel free to post your screens, it'd be great to see some screens from the games I've been in!

EDIT: On second thought, Kincaide's right, lets keep this shit out of this thread. Holding all your anger inside you wont do you good though, so please PM me and vent your frustrations, or figure another thread where you can discuss with me if that is what you wish.

HEY! Keep that personal stuff out of this thread.

" I wish people wouldn't group queue in Skype on fotm dps with the intentions of stomping"

I don't group queue with the intensions of stomping. Lock, hunter, druid, warrior, mage, pally, shammy, the classes that I play @20-24, all obviously fotm. After all, what would people not call fotm these days? :) It's a word that is being used in every other sentence, has lost its meaning a loooong time ago anyways.

But yeah, of course I only play the fotm classes, que with other fotm people with the simple intention to go straight for the GY and stay there the full 20 minutes. Always been my thing, right?

Feel free to post your screens, it'd be great to see some screens from the games I've been in!

excusus excusus. It just makes you look real silly by doing that although you try to make your self look good. To bad i know better and people have the right to know how you really are.

I also have some of the other side with you beeing below horde gy. cba to post them all.

Users who are viewing this thread