[EU Horde] Cross-Realm 80 Raiding

Armory Link: DK Mage Paladin
Main spec: DK frost, Mage Fire/Arcane, Paladin Retribution
Off spec: DK blood, Paladin mainly prot but I have good enough gear for healing aswell.
Which days would you be able to attend an evening (20:00-23:00 realm time) raid? Any.
Which weekend days would you be able to attend an afternoon (14:30-17:30 realm time) raid? All days except maybe thursday.

You know where to find me if you have questions.

Thank you :)

armory link: dk mage paladin
main spec: Dk frost, mage fire/arcane, paladin retribution
off spec: Dk blood, paladin mainly prot but i have good enough gear for healing aswell.
Which days would you be able to attend an evening (20:00-23:00 realm time) raid? Any.
Which weekend days would you be able to attend an afternoon (14:30-17:30 realm time) raid? All days except maybe thursday.

You know where to find me if you have questions.

Thank you :)

finally.

Removed again, for the same reasons as before. I won't go into details this time as I'm sure he would just ban my ass like the biased moderator he is.

Respect is the only necessary quality needed to expect it in return, do not try to make me appear as in being in the wrong side once again Aelo.

Yes please remove me from the list, best of luck to you.

Edit : removed myself to avoid any further drama in this thread.

Respect is the only necessary quality needed to expect it in return, do not try to make me appear as in being in the wrong side once again Aelo.
I've remained more than respectful throughout the onslaught of nonsense you've given me as "excuses". Like I said to you in whispers, you either want to raid or you don't. Don't come apologising and asking for a raid spot if you're going to turn around and do exactly what you did before.

Yes please remove me from the list, best of luck to you.
You make it sound like you had a choice in the matter, whilst you know very well why you're no longer on it.

I was a bit disappointed with the turn out tonight (we only just managed to pull together 20 people). Nevertheless, we pushed onwards and cleared 10/12hc again with no problem :)

We decided to do Sindy on normal this week to give us enough time to get the Lich King down on normal too, which we did!

21KWH.jpg

Thanks to everyone who attended, and a bigger thanks to those that helped me on the way to completing Shadowmourne.

News about next week's raid will be decided/posted soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who has signed up and is on the Shadowmourne infusion quests, send me a PM stating which stage you're on! Afaik, we don't have anyone who is on the shard quest atm, so we need to get someone up to that point next week if possible.

Please just stop with the nonsense, anyone who continues the drama will be infracted and/or banned.

Alright, it's really late ( 5 am here ) and this has probably been one of the worse night's i have ever seen on Twink Info, there has been a lot of drama, insults and offensive words, i apology in advance for the several grammar mistakes i'll end up doing, as i said it's late and i have been up since 7 am.

I feel the need of writing this since a lot has been said against me, on me and towards me but my Moderator position never really gave me a chance to clarify the situation and give my point of view, a story always has two sides, you heard one and i would like to tell you how i saw things happening, this is not a post to incite further drama, Aelobin, Xipe, Lunshj and several others already stated their point so i dont think they will have anything against me posting mine. I would like to ask Eliot and Shane to leave this message, i have worked hard in the past time for this website, dedicating most of my free time to make it a better and more usefull place, i might have done several mistakes but hey, we all do those and i am not an exeption, nonetheless i do think i did a quite good job, i handled the 70's forums when they where a complete troll feast and managed to keep them stable untill a couple of weeks ago.

Why did i get removed from the roster in the first place ? I have been running icecrown citadel with pretty much the same group of 85's for countless months now, halion hard mode and ulduar as well, most of them do not need anything, have completed most of the achievements and just come on a weekly basis because they enjoy old content with a happy and peacefull atmosphere, yes they are 85's and they do miss wotlk, they dont have a twink nor the time to follow one properly, as everyone who does consider his twink as his main know's how much work needs to be done to be competitive in arena, battlegrounds and player vs. environment side. When i got contacted from Aelo to plan the raid i told him i wanted to finish my shadowmourne, that was not entirely true as i have a friend gathering shards before me, so both ways i woulden't have completed it anytime soon, i just felt that leaving the safe group i had was a shame, i however acted in a non very serious way towards him and the project he was leading, and knocked at his door with an apology, he accepted it but said he would have needed time to have trusth in me, it seemed completely understandable and i even suggested to just get to know me a bit better over a couple of weeks and pick a decision than, we both agreed on me not joining his cross realm raid for a wile.

Two days after, he contacted me again saying that he had put me back in the roster, the next day i thought about how i had a calendar event organized in the week-end and how it would have been unfair towards the people who kept joining to have a fun night to just see the event deleted when they organized real life work and hobbys with the convinction of that event happening, i told him i needed to do one more raid to let people know that the next one woulden't have been done, at that point he raged at me saying i was giving priority to some bad 85's who just wanted some transmogrification gear, who was worth nothing to them wile i should have gave it to his cross realm raid, i can understand why he said it, but i also think that i had to respect the people i promised an event, i told Aelo that i would have just missed one more run, wile i was completely up and disponible to join his next one, aelo refused and removed me from his real id list.

As a moderator, an european moderator at least, and as a previous community leader i learned a couple of things, do not be surprised if you log on your toon in the morning and find blackmails, cause it happens and a lot, aelo had kept me on his list as a removed toon, both my main 80's name and one of my 80's alts, i nicely asked to be removed and he refused, so i used my moderator powers to just delete myself from the list, and i was added back up, in the meanwile Aelo and a couple of others 80's had asked Masked Crusader ( the new Twink Info owner ) if someone else from the staff could have took over the 80's section, and i was asked to stay away from it, so i passed the ball to another moderator ( eliot ) asking if he could get me removed, at this point ( just to keep me on the list ) aelo decided to use another website to host his list. At this point he was told that he would have been unable to post it back if he diden't take me off from it, and he decided that instead of just forgetting this and continueing with his ( great ) cross realm project he would have just stopped using his list, instead of just removing me.

I had several discussions with Lunshj and Xipe, who ( and i understand it ) where on Aelo's side duo to being friends and guildies, both decided to just see a part of the story instead of trying to see it from an objective point of view, and tonight everything just exploded.

I am not trying to justify my decisions, i have no reason to do that, we all do mistakes and should learn from them, i always tried to act in the most respectfull way possible, both on twink into and in-game, towards players and twinkers on this website, having several people from the 70's section moving to the 80's did not help as several of them had hard feelings towards me, because of me being a Community Leader and just trying to get my job done, you have no idea how frustrating and stressfull being in a power position is when it comes to the internet, being able to throw out insults from behind a computer makes everything very easy, and people often forget the most important thing.

This is a game.

There is a limit, a line that should never be crossed when it comes to a game, a line that divides the internet insults and trolls from threats, real life threats and using the worse possible languages, jesus, this is really just a game, yes we might play it for 12 and more hours a day but at the end, it is really just a game, and tonight the limit got passed beyond any immagination.

In conclusion, remember that a story has two sides, i will not talk about Neither Legacy or Aelobin in a negative way, and if it appeared so i ask you to forgive me, it was not ment, i just wanted to give people my part of the facts, i have gave Twink Info about 15 hours of my day for a quite long time, and i think that people should double think about what Moderators and Admins go thru before judging their work, we have a life as well and decide to commit to this for passion, not because we are forced, we dont get paid nor have any income from Twink Info.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone, not even towards those who spent this whole night ( early morning ) insulting me, because for some uknown reason, i can still remember that this is a forum, on the internet, based on a fantasy game, and that when we first started, all we wanted to have was fun.

If you took the time to read this wall of text i thank you, thank you to those who showed me some support in these months as a part of the staff, and thank you the the great people i had a chance to work with, people like Korenametooshort, CIHC, threesets, Bankbeauty, Daman, Pizza, Taitaih, Duckhunt, Bragh, Arknoodle, Falkor and Shane ( which who i diden't really have a long time to work with, but i can see the passion needed to keep twink info at a high level ). Thank you for making it worth the work needed. I could spend a whole day thinking of players who really made my work easier and more pleasurable and the list would be too long, so i wont name any not to disapoint anyone !

It's a game, just try to enjoy the best part of it and leave the drama out of this gorgeous place that we have a chance to visit each day named World of Warcraft.

- Nesyla

I stayed out of the drama that happened in this thread tonight but as you've addressed me directly, I feel I have no choice but to respond. I'm gonna try keep this as short and neutral as possible (a bit like a pre-Cataclysm goblin).

most of them do not need anything, have completed most of the achievements and just come on a weekly basis because they enjoy old content with a happy and peacefull atmosphere
You've missed out the part where these raids are actually to sell Shadowmourne (or the rewards from it if there isn't currently a buyer). I'm not sure if/how the gold is split amongst the raiders, but anyone can read about it in this thread.

When i got contacted from Aelo to plan the raid i told him i wanted to finish my shadowmourne
I never contacted you to ask you to plan the raids. I waited a while after you made the original cross-realm raiding thread, but then on the day of patch 4.3.2 I took it upon myself to get things organised as noone else had bothered to do so.

i just felt that leaving the safe group i had was a shame
If you had these intentions from the start, all this drama could have been avoided if you hadn't signed up for the raids (claiming you could attend all times).

he accepted it but said he would have needed time to have trusth in me
The reason I needed a little time to think it over was because of the timing of your apology. You offered it the day after our first raid had cleared 11/12hc, which sent alarm bells ringing in my head when I remembered you had previously said you "wouldn't risk your ICC save until the raid had proven to be successful".

i even suggested to just get to know me a bit better over a couple of weeks and pick a decision than, we both agreed on me not joining his cross realm raid for a wile.
You did suggest this but I disagreed on you not joining the raids for a while. I told you that there was no point in waiting, and instead asked you few questions to try better understand your mindset/priorities, which you answered.

Two days after, he contacted me again saying that he had put me back in the roster
There's a few details missing here. The timline looked a little something like this:
- Saturday: We complete our first successful raid and you whisper Xipe about wanting to speak to me.
- Sunday: Xipe invites us both into a real-id conversation and you apologise. Later that evening, you speak to Xipe about wanting to be on the raiding list again.
- Monday: I add you to real ID, but you don't accept or come online all day as you're in Amsterdam.
- Tuesday: You accept and we talk, including the questions I mentioned above. I tell you I've added you back to the roster (which I mentioned in this post).
- Wednesday: Nothing happens. I don't think we spoke at all that day (or maybe a couple of times about Herald of the Titans runs, I really can't remember)
- Thursday: You whisper me saying you won't be able to attend the raid again. Drama ensues, resulting in me removing you from the list again (which I mentioned in this post).
- Friday: Nothing significant happened (other than the "Removed" list editting)
- Saturday: The day of both the cross-realm raid and your 85 raid.
From that breakdown, you can see that I tried to get in contact with you the day after, but still managed to let you know 4 days before the scheduled raids. You didn't tell me you couldn't attend until 2 days after.

it would have been unfair towards the people who kept joining to have a fun night to just see the event deleted
I struggle to believe that a raid of 85s require a leader for ICC after clearing 12/12 hc for several weeks. Your co-leader for that raid was actually online this Saturday, so I'm not convinced that half of your excuse was genuine either.

at that point he raged at me saying i was giving priority to some bad 85's who just wanted some transmogrification gear
I didn't "rage" at you. I merely stated that you were doing exactly the same thing as the last time: choosing your personal raid over the 80 raiding you signed up for. Nowhere in our conversation did I call the 85s "bad" or claim they wanted transmog gear.

and removed me from his real id list.
This is true. I didn't see the value in going through the pointless drama that occurred last time.

do not be surprised if you log on your toon in the morning and find blackmails
I know you probably weren't accusing me of this but I'd like to clarify anyway: no I did not send him blackmails or harass him.

aelo had kept me on his list as a removed toon, both my main 80's name and one of my 80's alts, i nicely asked to be removed and he refused
I have already explained this to 2 members of the TI staff through PMs, but I'll copy it here for you and anyone else to read:
That section serves a few purposes, none of which are to anger or insult anyone. During our raid invites, we enable the option that gives everyone raid assist so that guildies/friends can be invited quickly. If I notice someone from the Removed section has been invitied, I know I should remove them from the raid (and the reason why). If people start asking why a specific person is no longer on the raiding roster, they can just look at the Removed section instead of bugging me in whispers (this has actually happened several times)

My memory isn't too bad, but as this raiding is open to 80s across all European servers I felt I needed that section to keep track of names/alts of those who have had their chance (or in the case of the levelled characters, it shows as a warning that they may not stick around after loading up on loot). I've tried to keep the reason column as respectful/fair as possible, so it doesn't turn into a "name and shame" section. I didn't think the 3 words "Lack of commitment" were a bad way of phrasing Nesyla's reason, but if that's the part that he wasn't happy about, he could have simply asked me to reword it (such as "other commitments"? "busy on current raid nights"?).
I then went ahead and changed your reason to "Other commitments", which you can see on the spreadsheet.

in the meanwile Aelo and a couple of others 80's had asked Masked Crusader ( the new Twink Info owner ) if someone else from the staff could have took over the 80's section, and i was asked to stay away from it, so i passed the ball to another moderator ( eliot ) asking if he could get me removed,
This is a bit out of sync with the real timeline again. Here's how things went:
- I removed you from the list for the first time, and made a new post explaining my reasons for doing so
- You deleted that post, so I PMed Shane with the screenshot of our conversation
- Whilst you weren't moderating the 80 section, we noticed a raider had levelled so I added the "Removed" section for the 2 of you (no "Reason" column existed back then)
- Fast forward to the second time I removed you from the main list, but this time I added the "Reason" column
- You removed your name without saying/posting anything
- I added it back, then you asked Eliot to remove it
- I transferred the list to a Google Docs spreadsheet and linked to it, which Eliot then removed (I've already admitted to Shane in a PM that it was wrong of me to disobey the actions of 2 mods)

aelo decided to use another website to host his list.
Not that this matters much, but I had already planned to move the list to Google Docs (to total players/availability/attendance). It wasn't just to prevent you from editting the post.

and he decided that instead of just forgetting this and continueing with his ( great ) cross realm project he would have just stopped using his list, instead of just removing me.
I didn't stop using the list. I kept it up to date (this sign up for example), and I stated in a post (that has since been deleted) that people could PM me if they wanted a link to it. Refer to my answer above for why I kept you on the list.

I had several discussions with Lunshj and Xipe, who ( and i understand it ) where on Aelo's side duo to being friends and guildies
You had both of them on real ID and they're both human beings capable of forming their own opinions, which I believe were based off all your actions in-game and across these forums (not just the raiding drama).

you have no idea how frustrating and stressfull being in a power position is when it comes to the internet, being able to throw out insults from behind a computer makes everything very easy
Actually I do. I've been a guild leader (both end-game and twinking) and raid leader (guild raids and a lot of PuGing) for most my "wow life". I was admin of a big vent server for a while and I've also been a member of more forums than I can remember (so I know how things are on the internet). The key is, don't let those people get to you. Like you said: the anonymity of the internet lets people act differently, but if you take every little thing to heart then you'll be spending all your time being offended.

This is a game.
Yes it is, but we're all still people. If someone did/said something outrageous/disrepectful in-game, I'd expect them to justify their actions just like in real life.

a line that divides the internet insults and trolls from threats, real life threats and using the worse possible languages
I'm not sure what incidents you're talking about here, as I don't remember anything except maybe the drama in this thread tonight (although the worst I saw was a handful of meme-based pictures).

i have gave Twink Info about 15 hours of my day for a quite long time, and i think that people should double think about what Moderators and Admins go thru before judging their work
Whilst I don't doubt that you have worked hard for TI, claiming you have given 15 hours of each day to moderating is a bit extreme. It's also a bit disrepectful that after stepping down you whispered both Xipe and Lunsh saying the other moderators had done nothing compared to you.

we have a life as well and decide to commit to this for passion, not because we are forced, we dont get paid nor have any income from Twink Info.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the passion be for the community or twinking, not for being a moderator? Shortly after stepping down as a moderator here, you told Xipe/Lunsh that you'd be applying to become a mod on the MMO-Champion forums, making it seem like you're only interested in the sense of power that come with such a role.

I've done my best to resolve/discuss our issues outside of the public domain, so this will most likely be the last post I'll be making on the topic.

I'm not going to answer point to point to what you said, it would be useless and would just keep this going on forever, there is just one thing which i dislike, you saying i would have applied to be a mod on MMO, please note the difference from irony and will, there is nothing on mmo that has my interest, twink info is where i worked and ths only website that ill be on as a moderator.

And yes, this is my last post on the subject.

- Nesyla

Edit : My co-leader was indeed online, but i told you this diden't i ? because i have a huge screenshot with me saying " I MIGHT " miss the run, never said i would have missed it at 100 %.

Users who are viewing this thread