Enhancement Shaman

I keep looking at Hexu's helm, but man that just does not seem correct. Compared to an i28 with more useful stats and +speed and a socket or just getting +32 crit out of standard goggles.

I keep looking at Hexu's helm, but man that just does not seem correct. Compared to an i28 with more useful stats and +speed and a socket or just getting +32 crit out of standard goggles.
the final pill is mixed stats. I get that you want more mastery, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to get boes with higher mastery stat weight instead of giving up a higher amount of accumulated stats. However you can use Zom's Misty Hood as well.

For my own sake, i want my enhance shaman to have 20% crit, 25% haste, 50% mastery 20% vers (including base %) in the end. It'll be a honest hybrid build

the final pill is mixed stats. I get that you want more mastery, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to get boes with higher mastery stat weight instead of giving up a higher amount of accumulated stats. However you can use Zom's Misty Hood as well.

For my own sake, i want my enhance shaman to have 20% crit, 25% haste, 50% mastery 20% vers (including base %) in the end. It'll be a honest hybrid build

If verse was more damage than mastery I would use it, but overall it is not, by a considerable margin. Mastery just applies to all of your abilities except your worst one which is Storm strike because its physical damage.

I swap my gear around depending, I love more mastery when I use something like Ride the Lighting... because then stromstrike does 1k (even though its mitigated).

I think I just want more agility and less Crit. I like the +2+2 gems, but I think the end game for enhance is just trying to nuke somebody as fast as possible... Agility>Mastery>Haste just seems better... you will have a decent amount of crit just from gear.

Though just theory and all it requires is a different gear suit to be farmed/bought, so not really giving anything up.

Join me in all 3-agi gems glass cannon mode. Kill everything fast, but die even faster.

The only thing I note is something like this between 2 pieces of gear in a BG.

Feverflare helm +7agility +7 haste + 7 mastery... +2/+2 gem (9 agility total) +6 speed.
Mask of the Howeling Storm with +3 x 3 agility gems (15 agility total)

If I put on the Mask in a BG... my frost shock goes up by 3 points of damage... 3... that seems like a tiny amount to give up +6 speed.

I guess if you just add that up over all the gem slots might be worth it. Agility does make storm strike go up way more than it effects the elemental abilities... but that, again, is also the worst ability for raw damage.

Last edited:
Idk about haste.
here is my shammy
Kagoshania - Character (worldofwarcraft.com)
I still need to farm out socket rings/neck and a few other pieces. But I was going to go mastery crit over haste. What are your ability cds with your lvl of haste jade?

World 28% haste
SS- 5.9
LL - 14
Frost - 4.7
Flame - 4.7
Elemental Blast 12
Lightning Bolt - 1.6

With haste under 20% world it seems like I'm doing A LOT of white hits waiting on cds in a BG.

Haste also is kind of a wild card just like crit, I don't know if you can really map it out that easy, because it also ties into the other abilties... Ride the Lighting just loves it because you Strorm Strike that more often... I still like elemental blast after playing more... its a 900 damage crit on a 1.5 second cast... that really helps versus heals.

After every BG I still just come out with the mentality "it is what it is"... after seeing the S tier kids do 2x damage with less buttons. I think I like discussing it more than I like playing it.

Last edited:
Is it mostly agreed upon that Ele Force is the better option over 7 AP?

It's just situational... if you are hitting a healer you are gonna wish you had Major Striking and +10AP(superior potency I believe) (it does add up quickly)... if you are just doing random stuff elemental force is a better catch all for just general higher chart damage.

Remember to look at all of the damage that +weapon and +AP do tho, they effect all of your ticks that can also crit... and they effect all WF damage, that can also crit. So again, if you just look at say Frost Shock... it goes up 25 points... wow... not exciting.. but all together in the span of 4-5 seconds when you need to go ham you will do plenty of more single target dps.

Notably if you are using something like Forceful winds... with +weapon and +AP... on stack two you can have 300 damage+ roll off a storm strike for doing nothing... that is pretty tasty (for tier 2 slop). That means you can do 400 main hand 200 off hand... also get a ride the lighting hit for 200 and do 300 with forceful winds... that is a 1100 damage hit.

It all depends on your build... if you stacked mastery, if you stacked agility... how much haste you have... how much crit you have... anything is good.

As Horde though you have zero excuse to not have both... you can have cudgel and trunch with Elemental force and then use Mok and Watcher with +weapon damage and +AP.

Last edited:
pretty sure superior potency is better then weapon damage enchant now, at least when I was comparing the two since weapon damage was nerfed ( thanks mage tower) Still think running x2 potency is better then ele force for targeted damage but I agree that ele force would be better for overall chart damage. I cant really run any in bg tests atm since I have game time :(

Forceful winds
Not a fan of the rng nature of forceful winds, I much prefer the lava lash talent.
World 28% haste
SS- 5.9
LL - 14
Frost - 4.7
Flame - 4.7
Elemental Blast 12
Lightning Bolt - 1.6

at 8% my flame/frost shock are at 5.5 I think I will still roll crit mastery for those time when I do connect i will have higher damage. Considering melee do not have 100% uptime. Maybe if Iw as running ele blast I would swap to more haste for a more ranged/melee hybrid style.
Why I just cant get into the spec... I wanna love it but not 2 seconds out of every 10
I dont find it as bad now with the recent chance to flameshock and frost shock not sharing a cd, I almost never have nothing to press and I am only at 8% haste.

pretty sure superior potency is better then weapon damage enchant now, at least when I was comparing the two since weapon damage was nerfed ( thanks mage tower) Still think running x2 potency is better then ele force for targeted damage but I agree that ele force would be better for overall chart damage. I cant really run any in bg tests atm since I have game time :(

Not a fan of the rng nature of forceful winds, I much prefer the lava lash talent.

at 8% my flame/frost shock are at 5.5 I think I will still roll crit mastery for those time when I do connect i will have higher damage. Considering melee do not have 100% uptime. Maybe if Iw as running ele blast I would swap to more haste for a more ranged/melee hybrid style.

I dont find it as bad now with the recent chance to flameshock and frost shock not sharing a cd, I almost never have nothing to press and I am only at 8% haste.

I mean if with 8 percent haste you have to be using lighting bolt to fill a gap... your white hit time out of 10 seconds has to be around 3 seconds total that is pretty slow... throwing bolts point blank is rough :p

I mean I have a verse build as well with 210 agility and 33% verse and like 5% haste in BG... there are HUGE gaps in down time.

+4 is still better than +10AP on a headcracker.

throwing bolts point blank is rough

I am not using lb point blank though.
+4 is still better than +10AP on a headcracker.
Tooltip wise potency is better then +4 wd for all my abilities including stormstrike with moks.
I mean if with 8 percent haste you have to be using lighting bolt to fill a gap
I am not using Lb in melee, with 40%+ crit my white hits crit enough to make up for it being slow. Like I said earlier you ar enot in melee range 100% of the time so the short down time between abilities is not the end of the world for me.

I am not using lb point blank though.

Tooltip wise potency is better then +4 wd for all my abilities including stormstrike with moks.

I am not using Lb in melee, with 40%+ crit my white hits crit enough to make up for it being slow. Like I said earlier you ar enot in melee range 100% of the time so the short down time between abilities is not the end of the world for me.

Then there is something goofy going on.. because with 201 agility and 32 % verse my stormstrike is 523 with +4 weapon damage and ride the lighting hits for 142ish on each of 3 targets... with +10AP main hand it was 513 and 128ish.

I might just be trying to play them the same and that might be the problem, but it feels like my haste build is upwards around 100k... and my "big fat" build struggles to get close.

Then there is something goofy going on.. because with 201 agility and 32 % verse my stormstrike is 523 with +4 weapon damage and ride the lighting hits for 142ish on each of 3 targets... with +10AP main hand it was 513 and 128ish.

I might just be trying to play them the same and that might be the problem, but it feels like my haste build is upwards around 100k... and my "big fat" build struggles to get close.
Haste vers is the way to go lol

Haste vers is the way to go lol

I just like mastery/haste/crit because you can do as well at range as you can in melee... haste/verse does a lot less at range over all. The gear just does not exist to keep your verse high enough with out simply deciding to take less mastery and do less damage (while of course keeping haste up)

If the gear existed sure.

Stormstrike is the only ability that does more with verse instead of mastery (all the other elemental damage goes down a BIG margin when you take away mastery)... and SS is physical damage... which sucks.

Honestly tho, you have pocket heals or you don't, that will always be the number one factor for this glass cannon turd at this level.

A huge change, just havent bothered to check cuz it was always so frustrating to my spammy playstyle. I'll check it out.

It's worth it if you have not tried it out yet, it feels way different. Enhance still is what it is, honestly its worse than tier 3 when you factor in no stun... some slows that are only 50%, average DPS compared to healing/damage output from other toons, etc. A Holy Priest in the hands of a complete moron now can do 150k dps and 150k in heals playing with their toes... good luck with even doing that with Enhance even on the damage side outside of some fluke game (or I'm sure it will come up... EuroVison FireSaga)

If you can stomach little dirty S-tier kids planting flags on your corpse after they do double your dps, come on back.

Side note... with 30% verse and all +2agi+stam gems with stam on legs and bracers to try not to die so fast... I lose about 30% damage and live about 1 second longer (exaggerated, but pretty accurate).

Last edited:
Enhance still is what it is, honestly its worse than tier 3 when you factor in no stun

lol it's you, slackjackson! I was in twin peaks like 10-12 hrs ago. We had 9/10 players filled and I was thinking we were going to lose, I had no one to heal. Then slackjackson joined :) Heal botted you for like 90% of the game and you did 112 k dmg and we won. Holy priest is horrible if there's no one worth healing.

Side note... with 30% verse and all +2agi+stam gems with stam on legs and bracers to try not to die so fast... I lose about 30% damage and live about 1 second longer (exaggerated, but pretty accurate).

honestly ppl value vers way too much and neglect to look at other stats, like mastery is solid for enh considering how high you can get it compared to other specs/classes and the fact its a % damage increase on all your moves ( except stormstrike) when flameshock and frost shock deal more damage overall anyway in both pve and pvp situations.

Users who are viewing this thread