Enhancement Shaman

And just as true is that any encounter he survived with his gems he did not need the DPS. But he may have needed stam.

Impossible to quantify without knowing exactly how many times the stam saved his life, unless there's an addon for that...

edit- as well as what he did on the other side of the encounters he DID survive. Preference is preference.

And just as true is that any encounter he survived with his gems he did not need the DPS. But he may have needed stam.

Impossible to quantify without knowing exactly how many times the stam saved his life, unless there's an addon for that...

edit- as well as what he did on the other side of the encounters he DID survive. Preference is preference.

Well, so we are dealing with I may live with more stamina... I may also live by just doing more dps... so why not just keep the dps up if you may live regardless.

But you cant say that as you cannot possibly know what's on the other side. That's the point you are ignoring.

Preference is preference. The rest is uncertain....

If he has just a little stam short of capping a flag for the win, the loss is game-changing. If he lacks a smidge of DPS to kill an FC... game changing. THAT GAME. That moment.... What he CAN know for sure is that he prefers those gems.

And that's all can be said.

edit- for certain.

You're trying to tell him his decision is incorrect when you cant. That's all. Not being negative about that, you just cant.

But you cant say that as you cannot possibly know what's on the other side. That's the point you are ignoring.

Preference is preference. The rest is uncertain....

If he has just a little stam short of capping a flag for the win, the loss is game-changing. If he lacks a smidge of DPS to kill an FC... game changing. THAT GAME. That moment.... What he CAN know for sure is that he prefers those gems.

And that's all can be said.

edit- for certain.

You're trying to tell him his decision is incorrect when you cant. That's all. Not being negative about that, you just cant.

To some degree... I can prefer to not wear pants to work... I can be pretty certain of the outcome. Giving up 20% dps for some amount of stamina that will help you very occasionally (compared to the benefits of more damage) is pretty easy to argue against. More often than not the stam just does not matter, as I already pointed out... and it's not preference, it's just how SL is set up at the 20s. it's more about being stunned/locked out than it is about stamina... if SL was not so bursty, sure I would agree. A survival hunter does not give a damn if you have 2500 or 3500 hp as an enhance... the same can be said about any healer/most other dps. All enhance has at 20 is bonkers damage... take it away/or even chip it away and you are just playing what... a defunct survival with no panic buttons?

And again in Arena where it is more about the smaller encounters and finite numbers, stamina is much more useful.

Now if you don't want to farm/gem two suits that is perfectly fine... I can respect that choice.

To some degree... I can prefer to not wear pants to work... I can be pretty certain of the outcome.

But what impact does it actually have on your ability to do your job? You may do a better job pantsless, tbh.

If BG was a static environment of static encounters with no variables, sure - you're good. But it's not. Hell, it's not even about killing, it's about winning... and how many multitude of times have we seen most kills lose games?

You simply CANNOT correctly admonish that your gems are better than his gems ----> FOR HIM ------>

talking about open random ass battlegrounds

I just looted a socketed Staff of the Mad Bramble King. Is that still a thing for spellhance? I kind of like the idea, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be doable as a full f2p (i.e. no ilvl 28 greens...)

I just looted a socketed Staff of the Mad Bramble King. Is that still a thing for spellhance? I kind of like the idea, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be doable as a full f2p (i.e. no ilvl 28 greens...)
No, or atleast not like before. Gnarled Ash staff is probably best choice for it now. But id hang on to it.

Necro because this thread had good and relevant information.

What secondaries are you guys currently stacking? Seems like most are using haste/vers but it really seems like vers is a bit overrated to me and crit seems to be burstier overall.

Also running 20% mastery which allows me to dps from 40 yards away and kite if needed. Almost feels like a pseudo-ranged dps at times.

I wouldn’t stack mastery but it seems to hold its own when you can’t connect. I know cudgel helps here as well.

I personally like a good mix of crit/haste/mastery as enhance. I find the lavalash talent to be the best of the three for a normal melee playstyle ( ele blast for spellhance)

I personally like a good mix of crit/haste/mastery as enhance. I find the lavalash talent to be the best of the three for a normal melee playstyle ( ele blast for spellhance)

I catch myself switching from forceful winds and ele blast which I actually like a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread