Enhancement Shaman

good catch going to grab crown and probably change my chest enchant to mana.

OHH OHH OHH! Buy my GF no level req jerkin for a beeeeellion gold!!! Every mana counts!! :D

gpSoqwn.png

Playing more with the versatility/more hp suit, it is very useful against the non S tier classes... like in a cqc fight with a ww monk, rogue, ret, stuff like that you do win alot more of those when you are not just stun dead... it does not help versus survival at all.

Your damage is considerably less than just going full boat... so i mean if you have heals its a bad idea.

Just a note.

I am contemplating on farming gerps, obviously it will be great for enhance. But gerps and using the talent thundercharge. I messed with thundercharge in arenas last night and it produced some pretty unhealable damage for the enemy healers. Slap a massive on use trinket with that 30% cd reduction and we might have an interesting build, atleast for arenas.

I am contemplating on farming gerps, obviously it will be great for enhance. But gerps and using the talent thundercharge. I messed with thundercharge in arenas last night and it produced some pretty unhealable damage for the enemy healers. Slap a massive on use trinket with that 30% cd reduction and we might have an interesting build, atleast for arenas.

I was looking at it, just feels like without the total end game shaman package you are just choosing to "not use CS totem".

Speaking of Arena
I feel like mastery just has to go for Arena... trying to balance 4 secondary stats while keeping vers up seems impossible. I just hate it because for Pugs mastery/agi/crit is just bonkers... but when you start to min max on agility/stamina/verse the available gear just does not support mastery as much. :(

You are already out 3 pieces of gear IMO that does not support mastery at all... assuming you want to keep the desolation 2 piece bonus... Chest/Shoulders... then you also want to keep the Wyrmscale greaves. If you don't use Harm/Peer/Fever Rings/Neck you also lose more mastery... then that leaves you with your head/cloak/wrist/gloves/belt.

Terranmill belt is hard to not choose.

Next thing you know there really are no mastery options left :( that would be worth not taking just Aurora gear.

Unless you just went all in on big ass hits with a Harmonious build and left Haste/Crit alone.

I was looking at it, just feels like without the total end game shaman package you are just choosing to "not use CS totem".

Speaking of Arena
I feel like mastery just has to go for Arena... trying to balance 4 secondary stats while keeping vers up seems impossible. I just hate it because for Pugs mastery/agi/crit is just bonkers... but when you start to min max on agility/stamina/verse the available gear just does not support mastery as much. :(

You are already out 3 pieces of gear IMO that does not support mastery at all... assuming you want to keep the desolation 2 piece bonus... Chest/Shoulders... then you also want to keep the Wyrmscale greaves. If you don't use Harm/Peer/Fever Rings/Neck you also lose more mastery... then that leaves you with your head/cloak/wrist/gloves/belt.

Terranmill belt is hard to not choose.

Next thing you know there really are no mastery options left :( that would be worth not taking just Aurora gear.

Unless you just went all in on big ass hits with a Harmonious build and left Haste/Crit alone.

Yeah, cs totem is almost always the winner. I've been using static totem in arenas against slippery melee, and hunters. Works like a charm! Besides that cs is king lol.

It does suck thay majority of it is favorable towards vers, maybe try the standard vers dungeon setup with mastery off pieces for a more balanced set?

I don't have hellscreams was thinking Cudgel main and an i28 off hand for the most Stamina... headcracker does a tiny bit more, but you lose stam. probably just need to play around with it.

I did get a good tip, the heirloom neck seems pretty bonkers for skirms heals for 600+.

What about any other trinkets that are good for skirms/enhance specific.

Last edited:
What about any other trinkets that are good for skirms/enhance specific.
If you're worried about giving up too much mastery to get a little bulkier re: stam/vers then that might be an argument to run Tusk. You can at least choose when you want to add a gang of mastery.

You could also run Pit Fighter. Its a go-to when I feel like a match-up might drag on for a bit. I generally dont like proc trinkets but it procs reliably on ICD and that +stam is pretty huge.

Is it worth to have some mastery or just go with crit/haste/vers combo?
I mean mastery boosts spell things very well. I am just thinking about this option?
I have sub now so no option for test it properly.

Is it worth to have some mastery or just go with crit/haste/vers combo?
I mean mastery boosts spell things very well. I am just thinking about this option?
I have sub now so no option for test it properly.

IMO

Random BGs is just Agility > Mastery so don't rely too much on i28s. I would not waste too much time on "survival" here... its just the wild west as I'm sure you know.

BC gem gear (with +crit/haste) is the best option with +3 agility gems.. then for any slot where you can't use 2 or more gem slot gear use an i28 with haste/mastery (same for rings and neck)... I recommend using eng goggles with +12 crit meta and then the 2 crit cogs (or Mok Beast Mask/Hexu)... then for the trinket use the ghost iron dragon with haste/haste/mastery.

Mok Beasts Mask/Goggles (Hexu's Amplifying helm if you have cash) > Desolation shoulders > Shamble hide chest guard > Desolation gauntlets > Tarren mill belt > Dragon slayer sabatons > Fill in holes with Haste/Mastery i28s. Pretty cookie cutter for easy BG work. You can take the other versatility BC gem gear (like tidecaller stuff), but for random BGs you are just cutting your damage for no reason and increasing your survivability by almost nothing.

Arena - Verse/Haste/Crit and +2 agi / + stam gems. Again... more Agility > Mastery... the only difference here is more stamina actually matters. You can take this into Random BGs, but you are really just playing down like 35 points of agility for no reason as the stamina does not really help you versus focused S-tier.

And obviously Cudgel mainhand/truncheon off hand (+3 agility gems battlegrounds +2+2 stam Arena) - POSSIBLY you could make an argument for a Haste/Verse i28 off hand with 1 gem slot... since you get more stamina (the truncheon has none).

The most important note: You can just do a quick all i28 auction house build with haste/mastery/crit if you don't want to farm BC gear... the damage wont be that bad, but stuff like your heals will be considerably more crappy with low agility.

Last edited:
IMO

Random BGs is just Agility > Mastery so don't rely too much on i28s. I would not waste too much time on "survival" here... its just the wild west as I'm sure you know.

BC gem gear (with +crit/haste) is the best option with +3 agility gems.. then for any slot where you can't use 2 or more gem slot gear use an i28 with haste/mastery (same for rings and neck)... I recommend using eng goggles with +12 crit meta and then the 2 crit cogs (or Mok Beast Mask/Hexu)... then for the trinket use the ghost iron dragon with haste/haste/mastery.

Mok Beasts Mask/Goggles (Hexu's Amplifying helm if you have cash) > Desolation shoulders > Shamble hide chest guard > Desolation gauntlets > Tarren mill belt > Dragon slayer sabatons > Fill in holes with Haste/Mastery i28s. Pretty cookie cutter for easy BG work. You can take the other versatility BC gem gear (like tidecaller stuff), but for random BGs you are just cutting your damage for no reason and increasing your survivability by almost nothing.

Arena - Verse/Haste/Crit and +2 agi / + stam gems. Again... more Agility > Mastery... the only difference here is more stamina actually matters. You can take this into Random BGs, but you are really just playing down like 35 points of agility for no reason as the stamina does not really help you versus focused S-tier.

And obviously Cudgel mainhand/truncheon off hand (+3 agility gems battlegrounds +2+2 stam Arena) - POSSIBLY you could make an argument for a Haste/Verse i28 off hand with 1 gem slot... since you get more stamina (the truncheon has none).

The most important note: You can just do a quick all i28 auction house build with haste/mastery/crit if you don't want to farm BC gear... the damage wont be that bad, but stuff like your heals will be considerably more crappy with low agility.

Thanks for the details.
I have many bc+28 socket gear so that isnt problem.
Problem with mastery is that it isnt boosts meele+heal+vulpera trick.
i think i go with vers+haste+crit build.
damm i just farmed socket harmonius ring and neck...
i have one high vers+crit socket ring and atal socket proc ring seems good alternative.

What is your opinion socket agi+haste+vers void-thouched neck (demidos drop) over aurora neck+socket?

One more:
auchenai dung 3 socket leather helm seems good for me, have that too

Thanks for the details.
I have many bc+28 socket gear so that isnt problem.
Problem with mastery is that it isnt boosts meele+heal+vulpera trick.
i think i go with vers+haste+crit build.
damm i just farmed socket harmonius ring and neck...
i have one high vers+crit socket ring and atal socket proc ring seems good alternative.

What is your opinion socket agi+haste+vers void-thouched neck (demidos drop) over aurora neck+socket?

One more:
auchenai dung 3 socket leather helm seems good for me, have that too

I've seen everybody do everything at this point on their shaman and everybody claims they know best. You can also just make different sets to see what is best/and use them in different situations. It's going to come down to your play style/the map.

Something like Harmonious+crit is gonna do work in a smaller faster BG where there are less enemy heals and more standing around... in a larger one/with more time on the clock Fireflash+mastery is gonna smoke verse+crit.. because you have things like flameshock on more targets doing more damage. It's the same thing with using +10ap/+10ap verus double elemental force... smaller map with more standing around AP is gonna do the work... over time double elemental force (especially with high Crit) is going to do the work.

If you want to farm the moonglade stuff for enhance it's alright.

And again, it depends on what what level of "haste" you think is important... if you are not taking your shocks to 5.0 or less in BG I don't know why you are even messing with haste... getting a few points on rings might seem like 5-head shit... but you could just take a harmonious ring instead and do more damage. Haste is only good if you are using it as a main damage avenue... but again, there is no reason you can't just have multiple sets of gear.

The only thing that I 99.9% believe is a mistake and have seen zero evidence to the contrary is that taking stamina for random BGs is worth it. +2ag+2stm gems for BGS is just a mistake... if you are using all BC gem gear you are just missing out on 35 or so points of agility (which is HUGE damage) and you are adding a little bit of stamina that is not really going to help you do your job better in an open BG versus random amounts of S tier/Tier 1 crap. Arena is of course different.

Last edited:
I've seen everybody do everything at this point on their shaman and everybody claims they know best. You can also just make different sets to see what is best/and use them in different situations. It's going to come down to your play style/the map.

Something like Harmonious+crit is gonna do work in a smaller faster BG where there are less enemy heals and more standing around... in a larger one/with more time on the clock Fireflash+mastery is gonna smoke verse+crit.. because you have things like flameshock on more targets doing more damage. It's the same thing with using +10ap/+10ap verus double elemental force... smaller map with more standing around AP is gonna do the work... over time double elemental force (especially with high Crit) is going to do the work.

If you want to farm the moonglade stuff for enhance it's alright.

And again, it depends on what what level of "haste" you think is important... if you are not taking your shocks to 5.0 or less in BG I don't know why you are even messing with haste... getting a few points on rings might seem like 5-head shit... but you could just take a harmonious ring instead and do more damage. Haste is only good if you are using it as a main damage avenue... but again, there is no reason you can't just have multiple sets of gear.

The only thing that I 99.9% believe is a mistake and have seen zero evidence to the contrary is that taking stamina for random BGs is worth it. +2ag+2stm gems for BGS is just a mistake... if you are using all BC gem gear you are just missing out on 35 or so points of agility (which is HUGE damage) and you are adding a little bit of stamina that is not really going to help you do your job better in an open BG versus random amounts of S tier/Tier 1 crap. Arena is of course different.

I'm a fan of the 2 agi 2 Stam gems for bgs. Can't do damage if you're dead.

Now that talasite is nerfed, I don't think stamina is needed unless you have a significant survivability concern. With that being said, each person can figure out their own sweet spot by gemming 100% X and gradually replace each X with Y until you notice a decrease in performance (play ~5 BG's before you change each gem). I myself initially had 2 int / 2 vers and gradually replaced all with 6 stam talasite.

I'm a fan of the 2 agi 2 Stam gems for bgs. Can't do damage if you're dead.

For open BGs I don't know the situation where it matters... if you take a chaos bolt and the second one is on the way... your gems don't help you... period. They also don't help you verses any S tier, nor do the help you against other tier 2 melee. All they do is cut your dps by 25%... and the way shaman works at 20 it is that high if not higher (35 points of agility is not a trivial amount). And if you are lowering your damage there is zero chance you are going to kill any healer as well.

I think just taking any of the defensive trinkets like the Compass, Gossemer, Orb would be worth it to survive a 1v1 situation instead of eating that much agility loss.

But, if your target is dead before you, you did not need the stamina.

Wargames or Arena where some level of coordination is required, sure.

For open BGs I don't know the situation where it matters... if you take a chaos bolt and the second one is on the way... your gems don't help you... period. They also don't help you verses any S tier, nor do the help you against other tier 2 melee. All they do is cut your dps by 25%... and the way shaman works at 20 it is that high if not higher (35 points of agility is not a trivial amount). And if you are lowering your damage there is zero chance you are going to kill any healer as well.

I think just taking any of the defensive trinkets like the Compass, Gossemer, Orb would be worth it to survive a 1v1 situation instead of eating that much agility loss.

But, if your target is dead before you, you did not need the stamina.

Wargames or Arena where some level of coordination is required, sure.
Yeah, I mean the extra stamina for me is the difference of getting heals off and living or getting taken the hell out. Just my preference.

Yeah that's the point that you are missing... what is the other side 2v1 or 3v1?... how does stamina help you there, it does not unless you are dealing with levelers that you can kill anyway.

and again, only talking about open random ass battlegrounds premade or not.

Users who are viewing this thread