Dragonswrath, Tarecgosa's end is impossible now.

I am going to complete this quest, one way or another. Do any of you know of any OP buffs that you can get from questing or killing certain mobs? And what consumeables would be the best to bring along? (Playing an affli lock, link in my sig)

all of the buffs I've used, were mention earlier in the thread. There is a 60+ intellect buff in Borean Tundra though

I just killed this fucker last night on my 87 lock, after trying for about 2 weeks for hours each day. I crafted the shadow resist gear from ashetongue rep, tried int flask, stam flask, mastery elixir, vers elixir, int pots, mastery food, vers food to no avail. So I tried to see if there was some kind of gimmick I could exploit/make use of. And I remembered trying to summon a pet (as demo) on the flying disks my first time through and getting a message like "you cannot do that here" or something. So, I got to thinking if the disks are using different logic than standing on the ground, from a programming perspective, maybe it would cause Thyrinar to act differently. There are 2 disks that are close to the edge on Thyrinar's side before you start making your way across, one of which he destroys. I tried to get on the other one on the right (long back at the chasm during the fight) , but could not reach it. I tried the one on the left next attempt, as you have to take a different route on the disks so he does not destroy it. You can reach that one. Thyrinar did not fly over to me though. He just stayed on the platform, but he stopped casting spells. Jumping off the disk plummets you into the chasm, so, after another attempt I placed my demonic circle on the ledge and teleported to it immediately after jumping off the disk. Thyrinar stayed in place and never casted again. He also did not spawn any adds. So, just spent the next 3 or 4 mins DPSing him down.

at least you got it @Pzycho
its an extremely difficult fight :/

I just killed this fucker last night on my 87 lock, after trying for about 2 weeks for hours each day. I crafted the shadow resist gear from ashetongue rep, tried int flask, stam flask, mastery elixir, vers elixir, int pots, mastery food, vers food to no avail. So I tried to see if there was some kind of gimmick I could exploit/make use of. And I remembered trying to summon a pet (as demo) on the flying disks my first time through and getting a message like "you cannot do that here" or something. So, I got to thinking if the disks are using different logic than standing on the ground, from a programming perspective, maybe it would cause Thyrinar to act differently. There are 2 disks that are close to the edge on Thyrinar's side before you start making your way across, one of which he destroys. I tried to get on the other one on the right (long back at the chasm during the fight) , but could not reach it. I tried the one on the left next attempt, as you have to take a different route on the disks so he does not destroy it. You can reach that one. Thyrinar did not fly over to me though. He just stayed on the platform, but he stopped casting spells. Jumping off the disk plummets you into the chasm, so, after another attempt I placed my demonic circle on the ledge and teleported to it immediately after jumping off the disk. Thyrinar stayed in place and never casted again. He also did not spawn any adds. So, just spent the next 3 or 4 mins DPSing him down.

Haha that pretty cleaver. I think i will have another go at him this week, but in the normal way. Haven't really tried to kill him while using any consumeables, and my gear was worse when i initially tried to beat him. I've been testing my dps on dummies, and i sometimes hit 2k dps in the first 30 sec of a fight. Maybe that is enough to get him down :D

If you dig in wowhead, you can find Shadow resist gear with really good stats. I think Docturphill suggested this. Soon I will try this on my mage, but I am still working on gear.

Thank you very much for the tip, i'm going to start trying different approaches soon

I tried to get this a month ago on a druid and failed much. The way to him already fell hard but then the fight was really hard and I decided to gear more and comeback later.
One thing I noticed is the shadow ball he throws I could sometimes dodge but most times it chased me and was unavoidable. Anyone know if this working as intended?
Was looking to get back at it but after reading this thread not feeling much hope :(

I tried to get this a month ago on a druid and failed much. The way to him already fell hard but then the fight was really hard and I decided to gear more and comeback later.
One thing I noticed is the shadow ball he throws I could sometimes dodge but most times it chased me and was unavoidable. Anyone know if this working as intended?
Was looking to get back at it but after reading this thread not feeling much hope :(

Honestly, it is working as intended, the scaling is just way off. The numbers he puts out is designed for cataclysm 85s, not BFA 85s

Gratz man!
Same secondaries, but you got 150 more int then me. I guess I gotta keep farming those hc gems before going for Thyrinar :D
Did you get it done with priest?
@jwl had to go resto, so I guess you will be forced to use disco

are any of the timeless isle consumables usable in that instance? and what about https://www.wowhead.com/item=119449/shadowberry or cracked talisman?... what about that trinket which summons a mob that used to have loads of HP? ... it dropped from a rare in MoP.... just thinking out loud.. havnt played wow for a long time. ahh btw.. arcane bombs could help silence him more i guess.

Hey all, i did it with my drood lvl 85, 3 weeks ago. I take the talent Typhoon u can bump him. It takes me 1 day to find a solution.
I also take consumables.
Have Fun.

Gratz man!
Same secondaries, but you got 150 more int then me. I guess I gotta keep farming those hc gems before going for Thyrinar :D
Did you get it done with priest?
@jwl had to go resto, so I guess you will be forced to use disco
Already did it with disc, was pretty hard, 2 weeks till i have the staff

My guess is - there is always solution in your abilities BUT in cata you had different abilities. For example - shaman had like 4 sec cooldown on kick, but now cooldown is long af and that may be a reason shammies are struggling

I got a question for the Delegation quest. If a friend lvl 120 have the same quest he can open the portal and i can take item?
Thx guys :)
Have fun.

Hey all, i did it with my drood lvl 85, 3 weeks ago. I take the talent Typhoon u can bump him. It takes me 1 day to find a solution.
I also take consumables.
Have Fun.

Thats great to hear, would you mind elaborating a little bit? what spec and what kind of gear did you use? what about the consumables? what did you mean by bump?

Thats great to hear, would you mind elaborating a little bit? what spec and what kind of gear did you use? what about the consumables? what did you mean by bump?
Kick. I guess.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/bladefist/Åtîå

It's my drood 85, it's the same gear when i did the quest. In consumables i take 37 intel + buff priest + buff mage + Drums of Fury.

When you use thypoon, the boss is stun and he fall, it's take 1min to come back. I did it 2-3 times and sometimes i cc him and burst him.

Now i'm on Delegation quest, i need some ppl to help me :) !

Have fun.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/bladefist/Åtîå

It's my drood 85, it's the same gear when i did the quest. In consumables i take 37 intel + buff priest + buff mage + Drums of Fury.

When you use thypoon, the boss is stun and he fall, it's take 1min to come back. I did it 2-3 times and sometimes i cc him and burst him.

Now i'm on Delegation quest, i need some ppl to help me :) !

Have fun.

that's great! i would never think about doing it in balance spec. Good luck on the Delegation quest, and thanks for the advices

that's great! i would never think about doing it in balance spec. Good luck on the Delegation quest, and thanks for the advices
I mean - that staff is made for balance (when it's druid)

Users who are viewing this thread