Veteran Crowd Control Index

Re: MoP CC

This needs to be stickied. It's essential information for up-and-coming players who are looking to be good in this bracket.

We get double charge, combat charge, and pummel. I kill hunters on my warriors in the current game, I feel bad for them when I hit the field after MOP hits so I'm not complaining.

LAWL at how wrong I was.

Why are Holy Word: Chastice, Gouge and Quaking Palm all marked as stuns?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ha. So I ask you what's the diff between a stun and a disorient?....I got those off of wowhead under "Apply Aura". If you look at Chastice, the text for the spell says disorient, but the aura is stun.

There's really no clear line between stuns and disorients when you look at all their characteristics including: DR category, text verbage, actual visual effect in-game, if it breaks on damage, and applied Aura. If you take any rule and say "Stuns do this and Disorients do that", you can find an exception.

It boils down to not really mattering. What really matters is the DR category.

made some more updates.

fixed. Thanks Lejn...btw, i just got your name after saying it out loud (the whole talking-to-yourself thing)...nice.

edit: butt what?! I've been playing since 2005 and have spent a decent amount of time on several different community sites + the official forums and this is my first sticky anywhere.

It'll probably be short-lived (once Yde puts this into his post, it probably makes sense to un-sticky it), but ... woot!

based on my experience playing every class and spec, i must say that a BM hunter with a croc pet is the best CC class/spec in the game for slowing the EFC for DPS to catch up. the 10 second CD on ankle crack is OP.

mage is best cc, if i poly then counterspell and copper bomb a focus target (healer) they are useless for 15 secs or however long it is

Do u know why , i got a panda warrior like full boa , need only dreads pirate ring .... and when i charge i USE SHIELD SLAM ON THE TARGET... than i use quacking palm and THe target gets stunned for like 3 sec and i can use again my shield slam than execute :) !! Best thing when u use it on a hunter lol xD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread