Veteran Crowd Control Index

solvogero

Legend
This is a work in progress (probably always will be though). The Diminishing Return notes are still missing on a few spells. My sources are here and here (as of 10/23/14). (Keeping AJ thread and this post and this source for reference)

for later reference

Lockouts or Snares don't suffer from diminishing returns. I also have no idea if engineering bombs suffer from diminishing returns (a couple posts out there say they do, but f2p's only have access to 1sec stun bombs so it doesn't really matter).

The dispel type is listed right after the CC type. (if there is one)

Color coding:
white: available to everyone in that class
brown: talent dependent
green: spec dependent [spec in brackets]
purple: pet dependent (pet type in parenthesis)
red: prof dependent (prof in parenthesis)
orange: race dependent (race in parenthesis)
yellow: CC counter options

{Bracket} indicates what Diminishing Return category it falls in
*Indicates that the effect can be broken on damage
Snares list the movement modifier % at the end

Druid
Paladin
Priest

Rogue
Mage
Shaman
Warrior
Warlock
Hunter

Monks

Others
"For those who may be unaware of how the Diminishing Returns system works, here's a brief explanation: After you've been affected by a crowd control effect in PvP, there's a 15 second window for diminishing returns. The second effect of the same category (as listed above) that is used on you will only last for 50% of its normal duration, and the 15 second window will be restarted. Should you be affected by a third effect from the same category inside that window, it will only last for 25% of its initial duration. The 15 second window will once again be restarted, and you will be immune to any further effects of that category for the duration."

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MoP CC

Is it just me or did they lower the CD on concussive shot? -.-

Bad Manner debuff says disorient but it is actually on controlled stun dr (HoJ, War Stomp, Kidney Shot, etc.)

I'm also going to assume Wild Charge will act exactly as Feral Charge (Bear Foem) does right now. ie It will DR as a controlled root with Frost Nova and Entangling Roots

While I was looking for CoC i noticed we no longer have it, and also that Frostbolt is a 50% snare

While looking at the new talent calc changes I've also seen some cool new toys such as Voidwalker Disarm and a new Moonkin channel thingy

Said the OP CD/Duration the CC it's self is weak but if left unbroken it can be used again fairly quick. 1v1 a decent priest on a melee class and get back to me. Usually by the time you get back to the target and get two swings off you'll get Psychic Screamed again.

That's just my opinion though.

Said the OP CD/Duration the CC it's self is weak but if left unbroken it can be used again fairly quick. 1v1 a decent priest on a melee class and get back to me. Usually by the time you get back to the target and get two swings off you'll get Psychic Screamed again.

That's just my opinion though.

Other then the fact that you and me have yet to agree on something, I like you. Been a while since we've had a new comer with a brain.

We get double charge, combat charge, and pummel. I kill hunters on my warriors in the current game, I feel bad for them when I hit the field after MOP hits so I'm not complaining.

You're saying the hunters in this bracket aren't ridiculously bad? 90% of the hunters in this bracket are complete trash, and I'm horde so it's not like I find myself up against Felix or anything.

Concussive shot was being removed in MoP i thought, it was merged into a glyph obtainable @ 25.

We get double charge, combat charge, and pummel. I kill hunters on my warriors in the current game, I feel bad for them when I hit the field after MOP hits so I'm not complaining.
1. Conscussive Shot
2. Wing Clip
3. Scatter
4. Disengage.

Pick one and ur dead as Warrior in MoP. Nothing to hold ToT.

Pummel is 24 in MoP, I don't know what you're smoking. Make a video showcasing you owning hunters please. Duels preferred.
I really don't get Warriors trash talking as much as they do.

Warriors aren't in any better shape in MoP then they are now. Losing your only slow isn't worth combat charge or double charge.

slam* not pummel, my bad. And under Battleground conditions any warrior can beat any hunter. Any class can beat any class in battleground conditions. You'll seldom catch a hunter with every single one of his cooldowns up, and like I said, they're terrible. But leave it for the forum-goers here to take one remark/experience and run that poster into the ground over it lol. No hard feelings though.

Not just Piercing Howl, but also losing Battle Shout, Heroic Throw, Rend (BS and HT aren't obtained until after 20 now).

Arms and Fury will have an additional attack, but that doesn't necessarily mean any extra damage since they are changing how the core ability (BT, MS, SS) works and are probably still playing with how much damage is actually being done by those abilities (at level 90). Arms may now be more competitive to the other specs now and fury will both have healing reduction now, which could turn out to be amazing if warrior damage is still up there. But nothing is set in stone yet, so it really is hard to determine if they will be any better with in combat charge.

But it'll probably still come down to one question: do you have a pocket healer?

Users who are viewing this thread