Confirmed Shadowfang Drop

Can any1 confirm increased drops are still happening?

836 wool cloth from this session. only got Skeletal Club but that is the same is SF so it can still drop. Maybe I hit a dry streak?

I just did 4 runs tonight and got 1x assassin's blade, 1x guillotine axe, 1x forest leather bracers

Rather lucky, are forest bracers worth much? ive gotten 2 from like 30 runs
They're not really worth much. Black Wolf Bracers are superior.

To everyone who's saying they've done 10 runs and gotten nothing:

Don't expect to have the luck that I did (getting one after 3 runs) I've done over 35 runs and only seen that 1 Shadowfang.

The drop rate is still somewhere between 0.01 and 0.1 except now instead of just having the bosses be eligible to drop it, trash mobs can instead resulting in more "chances" (It's not sure how many mobs can drop it. It should rightfully be ALL mobs but again it's not certain until we start detecting patterns with it dropping on the lowest level trash mobs)

I don't believe this will ever be "fixed" because the loot tables being like this is now a fix to the broken loot tables as of mid TBC when all of the mobs in SFK had their levels nerfed as long as many, many other instances.

If this is all true for all instances that were nerfed way back then, that means that this is a global increase to dungeon loot which means that Gnomeregan drops and Uldaman drops have all been (hopefully) increased as well.

I was farming world mobs for cloth and had 2 world blue drops within the first 5 minutes of farming. This could be a potential global increase to world drops and zone drops but again, it's not for certain until more people experience such luck.

Stay persistent and I'm sure you'll stumble across loot that's worth your while and do give Gnomer and Uldaman a few tries as well if you feel like testing your luck on hotshots or pendulum of dooms and more.

Best of luck,
Mocha

Would be nice to see other GF'd items start dropping again.
Still debating whether I should be stopping for chests or skipping them

Last edited by a moderator:
What Mocha said, this has been a VERY LONG overdue fix, and I don't expect it to get "nerfed" again.

Happy farming people!

~40 runs now, I've gotten 3 Blood Rings, 1 Feet of the Lynx, 2 Night Reavers & 2 Duskbringers, no sign of SF or AB yet!

55 run count, and nothing but midthrust bracers am i unlucky or has this been fixed

I looted Night Reaver & Duskbringer today, so you're just unlucky. And it's not going to get "fixed/patched", the droprates were nearly non-existant and are finally corrected.

Rng is rng, just keep farming!

Users who are viewing this thread