Confirmed Shadowfang Drop

Mocha

Legendary
Read the detailed guide to maximize your chances at getting your desired loot:

Fastest SFK Farming Possible

t8t69y.jpg

I did in fact just loot a Shadowfang from trash mobs.

Edit: 3rd run. Looks like zone drop rates were buffed. Good luck and congrats to everyone farming!

To everyone who's saying they've done 10 runs and gotten nothing:

Don't expect to have the luck that I did (getting one after 3 runs) I've done over 35 runs and only seen that 1 Shadowfang. Although I have had a dry spell for runs 11-30 and then revisited SFK a few hours later and once again began receiving blues. It has to be pure RNG at it's finest although there are patterns which have been concerning.

The drop rate is still somewhere between 0.01 and 0.1 except now instead of just having the bosses be eligible to drop it, trash mobs can instead resulting in more "chances" (It's not sure how many mobs can drop it. It should rightfully be ALL mobs but again it's not certain until we start detecting patterns with it dropping on the lowest level trash mobs)

I don't believe this will ever be "fixed" because the loot tables being like this is now a fix to the broken loot tables as of mid TBC when all of the mobs in SFK had their levels nerfed as long as many, many other instances.

If this is all true for all instances that were nerfed way back then, that means that this is a global increase to dungeon loot which means that Gnomeregan drops and Uldaman drops have all been (hopefully) increased as well.

I was farming world mobs for cloth and had 2 world blue drops within the first 5 minutes of farming. This could be a potential global increase to world drops and zone drops but again, it's not for certain until more people experience such luck.

Stay persistent and I'm sure you'll stumble across loot that's worth your while and do give Gnomer and Uldaman a few tries as well if you feel like testing your luck on hotshots or pendulum of dooms and more.

Best of luck,
Mocha

Let me clarify

This is not a glitch

This is a global increase to Zone Drops in all raids / instances (including Uldaman, VC, Gnomer etc)

Devs don't care that level 19 twinks are getting Shadowfangs

The loot tables are now Fixed

This is not "hot fixed" and still works as the loot tables are fixed and this isn't a bug or glitch

Zone Drops apply to all mobs in the instance and/or raid including trash mobs

RNG is RNG. You could never obtain a Shadowfang or you could obtain 50 of them in a day

These drops are still RARE with a LOW drop rate. If you don't get what you want in 10, 50, 100
runs don't start telling people it's hot fixed just because you had poor luck with RNG

Keep farming

Take breaks if you become discouraged

These items won't drop for you if you aren't running the instances

Use SmartLoot

Good luck

Attachments

• Shadowfang drop.jpg
    Shadowfang drop.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!
Probably at my 20th run now, just looted Duskbringer.

Well obviously the shattering nerfed the droprates, they were probably the rarest items still obtainable in the game, especially shadowfang. And now they've been corrected.

Nice!
Probably at my 20th run now, just looted Duskbringer.

Well obviously the shattering nerfed the droprates, they were probably the rarest items still obtainable in the game, especially shadowfang. And now they've been corrected.

Actually the drop rates were nerfed back in 2.3 I believe it was or even perhaps earlier when Arugal was nerfed down from level 26 and the rest of the sfk mobs down to lower levels.

Congrats on Duskbringer! :)

I asked the devs about normal SFK BoE's on twitter like half a year ago, and they said they had tweaked it for 6.0, and here we are!

I'm curious what the droprates are though..

And I'm sad that Assassin's Blade didn't get reverted back to its original item level & required lvl to equip it, it deserves better.

I asked the devs about normal SFK BoE's on twitter like half a year ago, and they said they had tweaked it for 6.0, and here we are!

I'm curious what the droprates are though..

And I'm sad that Assassin's Blade didn't get reverted back to its original item level & required lvl to equip it, it deserves better.

Link tweet please

who cares about sf anymore :( only thing worth is gloom

Users who are viewing this thread