Bracket for one shotting twinks?

Now we're going in circles.

The point is that a 'One Shot' in wow is the following:
Someone dies with one ability

Correct. Just because someone uses a word wrong to get people to watch their shitty youtube clip or want to seem more impressive or just being stupid doesn't mean that the term get a new meaning.

Just because someone uses a word wrong doesn't mean that the term get a new meaning.

If majority of people misuse a term then the new definition can stick. Welcome to language 101.

Caveman A calls a rock a baguas.
Caveman B disagrees, shakes his head and calls the rock, 'rock'.
Caveman C agrees with caveman B, nods his head and calls the rock, 'rock'.
Caveman D agrees with the previous two cavemen and calls the rock, 'rock'.

BAM! - you have yourself a word with a definition, voted in by majority.

If majority of people misuse a term then the new definition can stick. Welcome to language 101.

Caveman A calls a rock a baguas.
Caveman B disagrees, shakes his head and calls the rock, 'rock'.
Caveman C agrees with caveman B, nods his head and calls the rock, 'rock'.
Caveman D agrees with the previous two cavemen and calls the rock, 'rock'.

BAM! - you have yourself a word with a definition, voted in by majority.

Alright I'll play your game. I will then say they are speaking a different language. Also I don't agree that the people using the term wrong are a majority. The definition is only used by a few people while everyone else has a different definition.

If “one-shot” can be any number of hits in a single global, does that mean a “two-shot” gets two globals? So, you hit the guy 5+ times but get to call it a “two shot”? That’s seems like flawed logic.
WOW didn’t invent the term “one-shot”, but it has used it over the years. In TBC, I used to literally one shot on my rogue anything not wearing plate. Torturing Poker with +4 weapon damage... my ambush would crit over 2k. That was a true one-shot. One ability... one hit.. one-shot!

anyone notice a blood dk has OVER 3 times the health of usual player and 2 times more than any other tank class ie. druid, pally or warrior ? how you 1 shot a player who has over 3 times your health ? i am looking at lvl109 bracket .. it is not just the health .. the ability to take both physical and magic dmg is so fking high for a bdk

anyone notice a blood dk has OVER 3 times the health of usual player and 2 times more than any other tank class ie. druid, pally or warrior ? how you 1 shot a player who has over 3 times your health ? i am looking at lvl109 bracket .. it is not just the health .. the ability to take both physical and magic dmg is so fking high for a bdk

That’s called mitigation. Unless people have a new fangled definition for that word too.

/cheers

You aren't supposed to one shot stuff.

Getting nerfed next patch.

Yeah I won't be able to kill 120's in a single drain life. I'll have to dump shards and then drain life them to death.

I'll still kill any 110 with a full drain life cast. 'cept maybe tanks with 90k hp lol!

Im actually really looking forward to inevitable demise in 8.1. they buff the shit out of each stack, but it stacks to 50 instead of 100. That's a very very good change. Just makes me harder to kill.

PS can we get all the arguing over the definition of ''one shot" removed? It's annoying having to scroll past the 12 year old's posts

Its just not braindead anymore in PvE, you have to track your agonys and not just cast corruption and forget it.

edit- like in IE for example.

I feel that the term "1 shot" has changed over time.

I feel that its accepted to use it in any scenario where someone goes from full health to dead in a 0-2 second window.
Not here to argue over something stupid. Just stating my thoughts.

Its just not braindead anymore in PvE, you have to track your agonys and not just cast corruption and forget it.

edit- like in IE for example.

I'm very skilled with lock so this won't effect me much other than my dps goes up in raids. Islands will suck now, but I don't do those anyway. If I did those, I would roll a demon hunter.

I see the change as a buff for me and I'm looking forward to it

110 is the best bracket

Im still looking for a place to find out how much azerite traits are further nerfed in PvP, some are well beyond 50%.

It's hard to plan and optimize then find out your trait does like 25% of the tooltip...

edit- and to even know if they'll decide to remove your trait altogether in 8.2 or beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread