Bracket Dying?

I disagree. Not everyone will be good at this or playing video games in general. You cant blame hunters for wanting to have a better experience and i should also mention that its not anyone else's fault for choosing a less capable class. You learn this after a few wsg you either accept it and continue playing a less op class and learn to play with that class or change to another class that best suites you and play style (or third you qq about it). I like how this bracket is and would surely like it to be better. I find that playing horde brings a challenge which gives me a chance to get better at my class and without a challenge i would quickly lose interest. I like when playing at your best you can make or break a game. I think this bracket will stay how it is or get better. You must also find something that keeps you playing this game else why would you even be in this forum and this thread.

What will this game and bracket be infected off? bad players. Such talk is very elitist and of poor character. Nothing stopping anyone from rolling a hunter only you and your opinion. I find it that if you do not enjoy the game its because of you. If you find yourself with players that don't stick to the objective maybe you should tell them what to do and step up and lead your team. Maybe give some new players some pointers on how to get better.

If only it were that simple, you cannot change a game full of idiots simply by playing your best. That is not to say one player's extra skill and knowledge cannot push the game over the edge to the other side. You say that maybe one should step up and direct them. How do you direct people who die in a global and don't know what a chat box is? This bracket is terrible. If you say otherwise you're delusional. The only reason I'm still here is the people. When the last of my friends have gone, you won't find me here alone.

Let's not pretend balance revolves around the 20-24 bracket. Blizzard has enough difficulty balancing PvP at 85. I'm not saying Hunters aren't stupid as fuck at 85, but it's annoying when F2P's tend to forget they aren't paying for this game and complain about something stupid, like how Enhancement isn't viable in this bracket because they don't have Frost Shock.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Mondays and Tuesdays this bracket feels like it's dying (or wishful thinking). Most games are completely skewed. You can look at the roster in the first minute and know how it's going to play out. You can tell your team what which player will do, and they will still fall for it. So when it feels like it's dying out, it's not. It's just becoming stupider. Sometimes I'm amazed that anyone manages to cap any flags.

If only it were that simple, you cannot change a game full of idiots simply by playing your best. That is not to say one player's extra skill and knowledge cannot push the game over the edge to the other side. You say that maybe one should step up and direct them. How do you direct people who die in a global and don't know what a chat box is? This bracket is terrible. If you say otherwise you're delusional. The only reason I'm still here is the people. When the last of my friends have gone, you won't find me here alone.

Maybe you get completely unlucky or i get the best luck out there. If you can count on 4 people in the bg to carry the team you will manage. The top people in the meters tend to make the difference on average. I can for the most part count on a couple of people to agree with me and do what must be done. I feel sorry you don't enjoy bgs as much as i do.

I disagree. Not everyone will be good at this or playing video games in general. You cant blame hunters for wanting to have a better experience and i should also mention that its not anyone else's fault for choosing a less capable class. You learn this after a few wsg you either accept it and continue playing a less op class and learn to play with that class or change to another class that best suites you and play style (or third you qq about it). I like how this bracket is and would surely like it to be better. I find that playing horde brings a challenge which gives me a chance to get better at my class and without a challenge i would quickly lose interest. I like when playing at your best you can make or break a game. I think this bracket will stay how it is or get better. You must also find something that keeps you playing this game else why would you even be in this forum and this thread.

What will this game and bracket be infected off? bad players. Such talk is very elitist and of poor character. Nothing stopping anyone from rolling a hunter only you and your opinion. I find it that if you do not enjoy the game its because of you. If you find yourself with players that don't stick to the objective maybe you should tell them what to do and step up and lead your team. Maybe give some new players some pointers on how to get better.

I played 9 BGs yesterday (solo queue) with 8 out of 9 ending up as Alliance farm fests, getting 130+HKs each. Horde barely managed 15.

Every game my team was full of sub-1000hp pugs, no healers, fail rogues who broke my sheep 3 times in a row on the same target (DESPITE my SHEEPING: Targetname announce macro) and the most shocking: Paladins that did not appear to have heal spells bound to their action bars.

There was one round where Horde had 6 hunters (all with more than 1000hp), which I mistakenly thought as a glimmer of hope - yet we ended up getting farmed in our gy for 20 minutes.

I don't think class imbalance is such a big issue. It's more the playerbase. I am not being an elitist when I say this bracket is full of bads/scrubs who don't know how to mouse-turn, off-heal or cc. It's FACT.

I will not be pugging ever again.

I played 9 BGs yesterday (solo queue) with 8 out of 9 ending up as Alliance farm fests, getting 130+HKs each. Horde barely managed 15.

Every game my team was full of sub-1000hp pugs, no healers, fail rogues who broke my sheep 3 times in a row on the same target (DESPITE my SHEEPING: Targetname announce macro) and the most shocking: Paladins that did not appear to have heal spells bound to their action bars.

There was one round where Horde had 6 hunters (all with more than 1000hp), which I mistakenly thought as a glimmer of hope - yet we ended up getting farmed in our gy for 20 minutes.

I don't think class imbalance is such a big issue. It's more the playerbase. I am not being an elitist when I say this bracket is full of bads/scrubs who don't know how to mouse-turn, off-heal or cc. It's FACT.

I will not be pugging ever again.

Ouch.

yes, like this guy said, it's a fact that these people are all unbelievably bad and not even fun to play with. not a conjecture, not a generalization, they really are all that fucking bad. i know it sounds "elitist" to say this out loud, but in order to solve a problem you have to acknowledge the (real) problem in the first place.

there are several methods to fix this problem with the noob playerbase. one that i personally support is playing arenas, where virtually every variable can be controlled to ensure that all players get a fun, fair gaming experience and no one is left at the mercy of factors that are beyond their control.

yes, like this guy said, it's a fact that these people are all unbelievably bad and not even fun to play with. not a conjecture, not a generalization, they really are all that fucking bad. i know it sounds "elitist" to say this out loud, but in order to solve a problem you have to acknowledge the (real) problem in the first place.

there are several methods to fix this problem with the noob playerbase. one that i personally support is playing arenas, where virtually every variable can be controlled to ensure that all players get a fun, fair gaming experience and no one is left at the mercy of factors that are beyond their control.

gear

gear, like every other factor outside of RNG, can be accounted for in arenas. even asymmetrical player skill can be mediated by simply arranging the teams in a fair manner. this is what we do every time we arena in this bracket, because we are playing for fun, and unfair matchups are not fun for anyone.

tell the dude who designed the chat addon to make an addon that ranks arena teams based off of war games. obviously people could dodge/cheat the system but that doesnt mean it wouldnt be fun. could single handedly make the bracket bearable.

tell the dude who designed the chat addon to make an addon that ranks arena teams based off of war games. obviously people could dodge/cheat the system but that doesnt mean it wouldnt be fun. could single handedly make the bracket bearable.

good idea. you should message this to Yasueh on this forum

Users who are viewing this thread