Bracket Dying?

Not sure what some of you are on about... sure there are some piss poor games where all your teammates have 786 health, or the other team has five 24 hunters, but I get plenty of awesome games where my team is competent and they work together to get us a win even against the odds of 24's on the other side. Ive had more good games than bad, I guess Im just fortunate?

As for the overload of the hunters its annoying yes, but Ive found that 70% of them have no idea what they're doing. All I see is backpedaling. When I see one backpedaling, I know its an easy kill.

Yeah, I've moved back over to Guild Wars, the game where everyone is level 20, in preparation for the sequel. Filling up my Hall of Monuments is just more fun than the level 24 hunter GY farming fest, so I'm just trolling these forums to see if things are getting any better.

So far, it looks like they are not. Which makes me sad. I still may roll something on horde. Dunno.

I wonder how many "I'm going over to Guild Wars 2" threads there are on the official blizzard forums? Probably a few. Pandas FTL.

Yeah, I've moved back over to Guild Wars, the game where everyone is level 20, in preparation for the sequel. Filling up my Hall of Monuments is just more fun than the level 24 hunter GY farming fest, so I'm just trolling these forums to see if things are getting any better.

So far, it looks like they are not. Which makes me sad. I still may roll something on horde. Dunno.

I wonder how many "I'm going over to Guild Wars 2" threads there are on the official blizzard forums? Probably a few. Pandas FTL.

I'm rerolling for GW

I'm rerolling for Warhammer.

I'm rerolling for LotRO

I'm rerolling for Rift.

I'm rerolling for SWToR.

I'm rerolling for GW2.

That's not counting all the crazy ass Korean/Asian filler I heard people playing (Aion, Lineage 2, FFXIV) over the years.

They all come back. WoW is familiar, WoW is unique. Let it die a graceful death, no need to badmouth. The game is fun, that's why we are all playing it.

I always liked Mechwarrior/Battletech, before Microsoft and Wizkids bought out FASA, and if there was a MW game that worked outside of beta, I'd be all over it, but that's unlikely to happen. Just like the movie for WoW (and MW) it just never seems to happen.

As for random unknown quantities, you really can't know what it's going to end up being. Saying that X is going to be better, when it isn't even out yet, is beyond premature.

Lol, too bad mages have no heals huh? Well see you in GW2! Actual balanced gameplay should be great! Me and swagbag will be playing that the day it comes out. Hit us up. We will have the same names.

It's k guys I was just jokin' and feeling down after my huge losing streak and getting farmed by Kale and his 3 pocket healers for 130 HKs. I'll be back.

Swagpurse the Noble, coming to a premade near you post-Noblegarden.

2nsyo0g.jpg

This is real pocket healing, and I only needed one. Resto shammy healed me that entire game. Still not my highest HK/KB/Damage done highs, but 70k heals is pretty impressive.

I actually like pugging most of the time, and if I get a streak of bad games I just leave and do something else. I think the bracket is occasionally getting better, then worse, then better again, and so on; while actually staying pretty much the same.

Some good people will sadly leave, some will newly discover it, the majority will always be new to the bracket, new to twinking, new to the game, new to PVP or new to gaming at all. Most of those will run around the battlegrounds like chickens with their heads cut off. :/

Some of them will make the effort to learn about gear and how to play, most won't. But new good people will trickle in, some of the talented players stay, and I bet that some who leave do come back. :p

The nice thing about pugging is that among the games consisting of 700-800 hp spongecakes with a creamy filling of honor points there are the gems where I get to meet awesome people who make the game a fun experience! :)

You get that with premades, of course, but what you miss is the SURPRISE! While I'm going with silly candy metaphors: A premade is a bag of jelly beans, all good, but you only have eight flavours. PUGs are like Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans; sometimes you get awesome tastes, but most of them will be earwax.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the overload of the hunters its annoying yes, but Ive found that 70% of them have no idea what they're doing. All I see is backpedaling. When I see one backpedaling, I know its an easy kill.

They don't really need to know what they're doing, though. Even a terrible, back-peddling 1300 hp P2P Hunter can make a significance in a game just because their level carries them.

A premade is a bag of jelly beans, all good, but you only have eight flavours. PUGs are like Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans; sometimes you get awesome tastes, but most of them will be earwax.
Welcome to my sig.

I actually like pugging most of the time, and if I get a streak of bad games I just leave and do something else.

^This.

... well that's not entirely true. Sometimes I keep playing to go for that one awesome game that will bring up my optimism levels, and get increasingly irritable as I keep rolling bad teams :D

But then I have those great games full of good players that I enjoy playing with and I remember why I keep coming back... it's fun.

Yde..... Flameslayer ... If this bracket is going to be better is because people like Yde... As long as people like you are playing ... this bracket will never die...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to my sig.
:D

Sometimes I keep playing to go for that one awesome game that will bring up my optimism levels, and get increasingly irritable as I keep rolling bad teams :D
I do that as well. ^^ Hope dies last, and maybe the next game will be the best ever!

Yde..... Flameslayer ... If this bracket is going to be better is because people like Yde... As long as people like you are playing ... this bracket will never die...
Whatever I lack in skill I make sure to compensate for with optimism, lol.

Did some more pugs with swagbag tonight, not so much luck on horde side. Our games were filled with 24 rouges and hunters that would 1 shot me nearly all the time. On the contrary, did roll some people pretty good which was nice. There are good days and bad days, and today was not the best.

Hopefully luck is on horde side this weekend! See you all on the battlefield while im getting explosive shotted/ambushed to death haha.

I actually like pugging most of the time, and if I get a streak of bad games I just leave and do something else. I think the bracket is occasionally getting better, then worse, then better again, and so on; while actually staying pretty much the same.

Some good people will sadly leave, some will newly discover it, the majority will always be new to the bracket, new to twinking, new to the game, new to PVP or new to gaming at all. Most of those will run around the battlegrounds like chickens with their heads cut off. :/

Some of them will make the effort to learn about gear and how to play, most won't. But new good people will trickle in, some of the talented players stay, and I bet that some who leave do come back. :p

The nice thing about pugging is that among the games consisting of 700-800 hp spongecakes with a creamy filling of honor points there are the gems where I get to meet awesome people who make the game a fun experience! :)

You get that with premades, of course, but what you miss is the SURPRISE! While I'm going with silly candy metaphors: A premade is a bag of jelly beans, all good, but you only have eight flavours. PUGs are like Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans; sometimes you get awesome tastes, but most of them will be earwax.

One of my most favorite posts in this whole forum. thx

Cheers
Kinski

Users who are viewing this thread