BIS fc and why

BIS FC?

• Total voters
Idk if u just don't read everything I say, or u just ignore it sometimes

Honestly, speaking for myself, after that really long wall of text post, I just started skimming this entire thread, hoping to find something that wasn't far-fetched theorycrafting.

Honestly, speaking for myself, after that really long wall of text post, I just started skimming this entire thread, hoping to find something that wasn't far-fetched theorycrafting.

Just wait till the mods butcher half of the thread. It has been like 5 pages of bullshit about fantastic and perfect scenarios, which most likely won't happen.

send a hpala and elemental that guardian will go down fast. and that means the team at the gy is pretty on par and should be able to last out enough time as they have the advantage of positioning themselves.

Or just send an ele up and let him PvE into the guardian druid once he has enough stacks until the resto druid ooms.

BIS flag carrier in a premade
The problem I am seeing is that there are two kinds of people in this thread...

There are people who have played competitive max level, that are competent, and know strategies FOR RBG'S.

And there are people that only play in this 20-24 bracket... and are thinking of this as a premade versus a pug... where they just get throw alot of damage down range... and they can just GY farm.

The prior strategy will always be a more sound strategy, and will not only work for premade vs pug, but will be competitive as a sort of 'F2P RBG'.

Ignore the waiting part then.

I stopped reading his walls, they are just too painful to read. If he wants to bring across information he should format it properly.

If u don't feel like reading for whatever reason, I can talk to u thru vent or Skype. If u don't feel it necessary to do that, that's fine. All I wanted to get across was war is not the only plausible fc, and in some cases not even close to being the best.

If u don't feel like reading for whatever reason, I can talk to u thru vent or Skype. If u don't feel it necessary to do that, that's fine. All I wanted to get across was war is not the only plausible fc, and in some cases not even close to being the best.

And your whole reasoning came down to that fictional situation at your own graveyard while a warrior is better for every other situation. And even in that one situation the "advantages" of a guardian druid are very debatable at best.

The problem I am seeing is that there are two kinds of people in this thread...

There are people who have played competitive max level, that are competent, and know strategies FOR RBG'S.

And there are people that only play in this 20-24 bracket... and are thinking of this as a premade versus a pug... where they just get throw alot of damage down range... and they can just GY farm.

The prior strategy will always be a more sound strategy, and will not only work for premade vs pug, but will be competitive as a sort of 'F2P RBG'.
Tank specs have been left by the wayside in rbgs. But everything else you said is pretty much spot on.

And your whole reasoning came down to that fictional situation at your own graveyard while a warrior is better for every other situation. And even in that one situation the "advantages" of a guardian druid are very debatable at best.

...how else are u gonna rate a mid strat fc than how they perform under-pressure. When ur team is under pressure in mid-strat they fall back to ur gy, if ur not under pressure then it doesn't matter what fc u have, since the diff from war and guardian mitigation is so small. If ur fc dies straight out in mid, while ur dps and healers are alive, ur doing something wrong.

...how else are u gonna rate a mid strat fc than how they perform under-pressure. When ur team is under pressure in mid-strat they fall back to ur gy, if ur not under pressure then it doesn't matter what fc u have, since the diff from war and guardian mitigation is so small. If ur fc dies straight out in mid, while ur dps and healers are alive, ur doing something wrong.
I'm sure you understand that that strategy doesn't allow your team to push the opponents back as it requires you to be at your own graveyard to abuse your flag carrier's perks. How do you expect to ever return a flag like this?

I'm sure you understand that that strategy doesn't allow your team to push the opponents back as it requires you to be at your own graveyard to abuse your flag carrier's perks. How do you expect to ever return a flag like this?

As I stated before, this is not the main goal. Part of the idea of mid-strat is to restrict the kiting / skill of the flag carrier him/herself, and rely on coordination of all 10 players. So running a war fc or guardian fc, both can take roughly the same dmg and the mitigation is only off a few % , running a guardian druid is not gonna stop u from getting control of mid... if u have 9 man winning premade team with a war fc, then give them a guardian fc, they will still win. however if u give a losing team with a war fc, a guardian fc, they have a greater change to survive and even win

So what you're saying is, it's advantageous to run a guardian Druid when facing a superior team.

Tank specs have been left by the wayside in rbgs. But everything else you said is pretty much spot on.

That would be a very sad fate for rbgs indeed if tanking became obsolete by a tank class. I just talked to a friend in Bailamos who isn't on their team, but still insists that a tank class is meta.

So what you're saying is, it's advantageous to run a guardian Druid when facing a superior team.

Yes when facing a superior team, which means the even if the team is better than u by only a slight advantage. There is always a chance ur team can be pushed gy, and if u are having no trouble in mid, then ur fc doesn't really matter, as long as he can survive some burst if they try to backdoor or push. A warrior fc generally is just a blank, u cant form many strats around him/her and is just there. War fcs can be very useful as it allows u to run an extra stealth, compared to running guardian druid. Now if doing that will allow u to win mid clash then, a war fc would be considered better. However I don't think there are many teams where having a boomkin / rogue would be the diff between winning mid clash or not. In this bracket there are multiple other classes that can play perhaps an even better role depending on ur comp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread