Arena Server

Would you make a toon on this server if it was made?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be better to just stick to a realm highly populated with F2P? I mean sure AP has that issue for getting arenas done, but is it really that much better to start completely fresh on a new server instead of having the odd chance of a large amount of F2Ps in the channel willing to play arena?
I don't see it as completely fresh, i dont wan't people to pack up and leave their home servers, but people to just make 1 f2p character on this server to hop on whenever they want to arena. The point is for it to be like queing for arenas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you elaborate on that?

If not I'll have to mark this as yet another 'confuses himself+2friends with <we>'.
Not sure where ur going with this since "we" would be 3 people, but if u mean how many people i've been talking about doing this with, itd be 5 others, and also all of the people are welcome to post their ideas that clicked yes on making a toon, which id say covers the "we" part.

Not sure where ur going with this since "we" would be 3 people, but if u mean how many people i've been talking about doing this with, itd be 5 others, and also all of the people are welcome to post their ideas that clicked yes on making a toon, which id say covers the "we" part.

I've seen too many people confuse 'we' with 'I' - look at politicians We(I), the people(myself) want this blah blah etc

Question: would the arena server include teams? Or would it be just pick a random person and thts ur teammate for one match. Also if it were to be teams could a winning system be implemented? For example, Team 1 has 1 win and 0 losses and team 2 has 2 wins and 1 loss.

Question: would the arena server include teams? Or would it be just pick a random person and thats ur teammate for one match. Also if it were to be teams could a winning system be implemented? For example, Team 1 has 1 win and 0 losses and team 2 has 2 wins and 1 loss.
There will be set team arenas along with the regular ones, where each team would need a spectator to call who won and lost so there would be no lying, so itd be like 4v4 but the spectators just run in and die then the match starts.

EDIT: Will do this. When I make a main thread for server, people will be able to post their ranked team name and people in it in their post. They can edit to remake teams, but their W/L would go to 0-0 like a new team.

Me and a few others will be leveling characters alliance side at 12:30 pm EST, so in like 40minutes. If anyone would like to join, feel free, the Raid Call channel ID is 6193589, if anyone wants to talk while leveling and get to know each other, or just drop in and hear what this server is going to be about, please do :) Raid Call is like a way better version of vent and we will be using it to organize arenas and chill for anyone who doesnt know what it is.

This is how I think of this whole thing.

AP H already has the biggest arena base in this bracket.
AP H has the largest F2P population in this bracket.
Most of the people wanting to move on here have a toon on AP H.

Question then? If you hate AP f2pchat so much or if that's a problem why don't you just change AP f2pchat to arena chat or something like that then make a rated arena chat or w/e you'd like. What exactly IS the reason for rerolling on a whole new server just to arena when most of the people already have a toon on AP? I did read the OP and I have read the thread so don't say I didn't read -_- You said you don't want people to change their realm yet agm and dpr has been brought up and that is serious gearing not just dungeon blues which will take people off their main realm.

If you want balanced arenas there is the 19 arena thread where people could sign up and play if they want. If you want 20 arenas AP already holds the most active arenas. Don't understand why people would roll on a completely new server just to arena when they are doing so (if they want) on AP. Not many other realms are having daily arenas with more then 6 people at most. A new arena server won't interest those not interested in arenas and those interested in arena are already on AP H so idk how you expect to draw enough people to have a competitive realm with more then the daily people doing arenas on AP atm on korgath.

I saw this coming (even picked korgath to be the go to server for a realm hop cause mindy kahr and shft) a couple weeks ago and I started to try and recruit people to misha to start a friendly small community. I haven't singled people out or only given invites to people I like. I tried bringing anyone I thought could help build a community into something respectable. I have gotten a couple people here and there but the majority of people I WANTED either didn't want to leave their main realm or just wasn't interested in wow that much anymore so don't play that much. If there is any kind of server change of ANY sorts we are gonna have to invite the newer people or the unknowns whether we like it or not. We can't pick and choose who we want to bring or who we know because there simply isn't that much of an option. This isn't directed at this arena server as I know it was made clear anyone can come and which server but this is just a heads up if you plan on making it a new home and for anyone who tried making a secret new server in the AP horde thread.

I don't mean this as an insult necessarily but I see this as a server where the elitist people can go to get away from AP and try to start their own server which I think will fall through very quickly. There is NO reason for this not to be done on AP and continue to grow or try helping AP rebuild. This is just a cheap way imo to get out of a sinking realm with no effort into helping it. The only people I see that are interested that I KNOW of that actually helped build AP up is mindy kahr and barak. No1 else again that I KNOW of helped AP at all just used the realm for its population and popularity and is now jumping ship with no effort to rebuild it.

tl;dr: I wish you the best if you make this arena server, heck if you get enough people and interest stays up and anyone is welcomed I will probably make a toon as I want to start doing casual arenas as well. I see this as a way to make a new main realm personally and I don't think there will be a new main realm anytime soon. I don't understand at all why this can't be done on AP while people try to rebuild it to what it once was and if you can just give reasons why this NEEDS to be a completely new server instead of AP feel free to answer.

tl:dr the tl:dr: Gluck

This is how I think of this whole thing.

AP H already has the biggest arena base in this bracket.
AP H has the largest F2P population in this bracket.
Most of the people wanting to move on here have a toon on AP H.

Question then? If you hate AP f2pchat so much or if that's a problem why don't you just change AP f2pchat to arena chat or something like that then make a rated arena chat or w/e you'd like. What exactly IS the reason for rerolling on a whole new server just to arena when most of the people already have a toon on AP? I did read the OP and I have read the thread so don't say I didn't read -_- You said you don't want people to change their realm yet agm and dpr has been brought up and that is serious gearing not just dungeon blues which will take people off their main realm.

If you want balanced arenas there is the 19 arena thread where people could sign up and play if they want. If you want 20 arenas AP already holds the most active arenas. Don't understand why people would roll on a completely new server just to arena when they are doing so (if they want) on AP. Not many other realms are having daily arenas with more then 6 people at most. A new arena server won't interest those not interested in arenas and those interested in arena are already on AP H so idk how you expect to draw enough people to have a competitive realm with more then the daily people doing arenas on AP atm on korgath.

I saw this coming (even picked korgath to be the go to server for a realm hop cause mindy kahr and shft) a couple weeks ago and I started to try and recruit people to misha to start a friendly small community. I haven't singled people out or only given invites to people I like. I tried bringing anyone I thought could help build a community into something respectable. I have gotten a couple people here and there but the majority of people I WANTED either didn't want to leave their main realm or just wasn't interested in wow that much anymore so don't play that much. If there is any kind of server change of ANY sorts we are gonna have to invite the newer people or the unknowns whether we like it or not. We can't pick and choose who we want to bring or who we know because there simply isn't that much of an option. This isn't directed at this arena server as I know it was made clear anyone can come and which server but this is just a heads up if you plan on making it a new home and for anyone who tried making a secret new server in the AP horde thread.

I don't mean this as an insult necessarily but I see this as a server where the elitist people can go to get away from AP and try to start their own server which I think will fall through very quickly. There is NO reason for this not to be done on AP and continue to grow or try helping AP rebuild. This is just a cheap way imo to get out of a sinking realm with no effort into helping it. The only people I see that are interested that I KNOW of that actually helped build AP up is mindy kahr and barak. No1 else again that I KNOW of helped AP at all just used the realm for its population and popularity and is now jumping ship with no effort to rebuild it.

tl;dr: I wish you the best if you make this arena server, heck if you get enough people and interest stays up and anyone is welcomed I will probably make a toon as I want to start doing casual arenas as well. I see this as a way to make a new main realm personally and I don't think there will be a new main realm anytime soon. I don't understand at all why this can't be done on AP while people try to rebuild it to what it once was and if you can just give reasons why this NEEDS to be a completely new server instead of AP feel free to answer.

tl:dr the tl:dr: Gluck
Because not everyone is on AP, this is a server for everyone,. You also don't seem to understand, that I don't want people to just leave their server and main here, thats their own choice, but to use the server as an arena que, and just make 1 lvl 20 pre boa, which takes like 3 hours. Personally i don't mind AP, but I do mind the lack of interest many people have for arenas, sure its the most populated server, but if u ask around for arenas, no one will answer. The thing with this server is that it's welcoming for arenas, anyone can do it because gear isn't a problem, which is also a reason why no1 arenas because they are all bging for gear. The way this server is going to work is that people will be able to find others to do arenas much faster than on AP, because the people will all want to arena and be doing arenas, instead of premades. Plus with all the people willing to help others improve, and with the raid call, which will ensure that people will get their questions answered. No one communicates on AP at all. The server will improve the bracket for players who do arenas, by making them better players, Who doesn't want better players on their own server? I see that this would bring better players to AP improving the community there, and other servers.

tl;dr: THE GOAL ISN'T FOR YOU TO DITCH YOUR SERVER, JUST MAKE ONE CHARACTER FOR ARENAS.

I have to agree with lil on this one. AP H will prevail as biggest server and must so because it has the highest chance of long-term survival given the sheer numbers.

If you want to experience arena and you want to be surrounded by a small community of people who share the same ideals as you, make an alliance character on Korgath-US. I cba to read essays that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread or the goal of this server.

remember this thread that the scumbag made and trolled us all? http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f43/3s-arena-tournament-prizes-45193/index26.html A lot of you people who voted no seemed to want to arena for that tabard. If this tournament had happened, wouldn't you have liked to have a lot of arena experience, making your chances at winning better? And if you joined not to win but to have fun, then why wouldn't u wan't to do arenas more? If all of those players played on this server, then we would have constant arenas and everyone would be enjoying themselves. I could see tournaments in the future on this server, but for now, why don't you guys try this out, learn some things, improve as a player, and prepare yourself in-case there is a REAL tournament. BUT keep in mind this isn't about tournaments and who is better than who, it is about having fun, and anyone is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread