Are you DF ready? Last minute advice thread for 29s

Why would they intentionally ignore it on the beta and PTR for weeks and weeks? It was repeatedly reported...

I know they CANT (can they?) leave it that way, but how the hell hard could it be to fix it? They scaled 3 xpacs now.

edit- or 4? It was legion introduced level scaling, right?

People act as if Blizzards entire track record is anything but a failure when it comes to low level twinking, as if they have never played the game.

Blizzard is more than capable of doing nothing. Again tho, nobody is sure how the items actually work.

You would think that when the epic valentines day necks dropped... they would be the same item on a spread sheet somewhere in Blizzard cyberland... when they changed the items back down to RARE... any normal person would think that would effect every instance of that item in the game if there was only 1 copy of it... but, that is not what happened there were obviously 2 copies of the item... one that got scaled down correctly... and the one that stayed as Epic.

This is when the Blizzard stuff gets wacky, and it's easy to believe that some employees twink to take advantage of stupid shit like that/ actually make it happen.

* I don't like gear discrepancies like 86 to 112, because it also discourages new players from twinking.... 86 to 89 is not that big of a deal if warforged becomes a thing. 112 is just bonkers when you add up all of the pieces... and somebody that just gets crushed by a 1 button nuke is gonna tire out real fast.

Edit- what your resolution does is fuck PvE fir the sake of PvP, but that's ok cuz you do give a shit about that....

Thats problematic thinking, not a solution.
And this, of course, is only true if your prejudice a certain type of pve experience ie, killing as many mobs at a time in as few button pushes as possible. Which is not a pve experience everyone is looking for and one that is at odds with the expectations of an MMO.

to you, limiting someones power in pve is a bad adjustment. but to me, thats actually a good adjustment.

So does the solution "fuck pve" or does it create an experience that you personally just dont like?

I dont even mean me... i mean them. If johnny pve gets an epic upgrade of 1 ilvl, wtf good is that?? He might replace it by the end of the dungeon. But if its a significant upgrade, he'll be using that item well into the next 10 levels and maybe (likely) beyond.

Like in vanilla... you got an epic weapon you were good for a long time. Its still a pve game, after all. Even pve twinks would prefer several ilvl to maybe 1 main stat for getting an epic.

This is just 1% wanting to be catered to more than the 99%. Why should anyone outside of xpoff give a fuck if our games are "fair"...?

With xp ON no one is going to get more than maybe 1-2 per bracket before leveling to the next, and that works just fine.
[doublepost=1668790555,1668789917][/doublepost]Or... maybe its just something you dont like...

Well.... theres a reason ilvl jumps so drastically every expansion and every raid tier inside each of those expansions. And its NOT 20-29 locked level pvp.

Is 112 too much? Sure... but is 89 too little? 100% yes.

Edit- at 29, obviously. Same for 20 tho, 1 effective ilvl (3 ilvl now) is too little for an epic item to be better than rare.

Always was. It's a loot-based game, if all the loot is the same wtf is the point?

Last edited:
Well.... theres a reason ilvl jumps so drastically every expansion and every raid tier inside each of those expansions. And its NOT 20-29 locked level pvp.

Is 112 too much? Sure... but is 89 too little? 100% yes.

Edit- at 29, obviously. Same for 20 tho, 1 effective ilvl (3 ilvl now) is too little for an epic item to be better than rare.

Always was. It's a loot-based game, if all the loot is the same wtf is the point?

I like it. epics are supposed to be a lot better than blues. slands was very annoying with the epics. "uhh another epic maybe i will equip that i guess"

86 to 89 is not that big of a jump when you look at the item stats. 86 to 112 is bonkers with just the health pool alone... not even counting the added damage.

Sure the base abilities are set up in DF to do hyper burst... but, I mean I should not be able to kill 5 guys just wanting to play the damn game with one Wake of Ashes. It does not feel right unless you are a textbook sociopath.

I don't think 89 is too little. You will be 5-10% better overall... if you have 89s just stand in front of clone of your toon with 86s and mash buttons you will win every time... that is the only advantage that gear should ever give - the advantage to win if both players are total dog shit. It should not outweigh skill in any capacity.

Sry if you want skillheavy content than just level up to 70 bro! We have: M+ Mythic raids,rated bg's and arenas! but you won't find skillheavy content in the 20's

There is still skill based content at 20, put your blanket statement back into your ass. Just need blizzard to get the 112 down to 89 wont be an issue either way.

The 112 gear is fine they just need to fix the dungeon loot for WoD dungeons so everyone can farm it. No matter what ilvl you make the gear, the twink meta is going to be too bursty in PvP if everyone has the same ilvl. The only thing that would fix it is for them to make that +40% stamina increase they just added apply to the whole game and not just max level.

You will be 5-10% better overall...

They may have broken it with all the squishes, but I'm pretty sure that ilvl was originally supposed to be 1% increase per ilvl? Something like that? I may be mistaken now, but there for sure was a way to calculate the stat increase because it was straight percentage... saying if and item was 30 ilvl better it had 30% greater stats. You could literally do that math and it would be the exact result.

So in this instance, epic would be 3% better than rare. That's not an upgrade. That's not even a decent xmas bonus.

edit- 10% would be fine. 10 ilvl? Sure, why not? That's at least more than 1 stat point.... often none last xpac. :rolleyes:

And apparently that's not how it works, either thru squishes or whatever "smoothing" they've done to DF leveling... stats are too inflated, at this level anyway. Looking directly at items, I'd say 20% would be a good sweet spot for the bounce from rare to epic... which would be pretty close to the current 86 vs 112 scenario if 1 ilvl was 1% better.

Last edited:
They may have broken it with all the squishes, but I'm pretty sure that ilvl was originally supposed to be 1% increase per ilvl? Something like that? I may be mistaken now, but there for sure was a way to calculate the stat increase because it was straight percentage... saying if and item was 30 ilvl better it had 30% greater stats. You could literally do that math and it would be the exact result.

So in this instance, epic would be 3% better than rare. That's not an upgrade. That's not even a decent xmas bonus.

edit- 10% would be fine. 10 ilvl? Sure, why not? That's at least more than 1 stat point.... often none last xpac. :rolleyes:

And apparently that's not how it works, either thru squishes or whatever "smoothing" they've done to DF leveling... stats are too inflated, at this level anyway. Looking directly at items, I'd say 20% would be a good sweet spot for the bounce from rare to epic... which would be pretty close to the current 86 vs 112 scenario if 1 ilvl was 1% better.

Regardless of what math you want to do... people in 112s are invincible to the vast majority of people in i86... and I can say that with 100% accuracy having queued both so far after the fuckery. The bracket is pointless with that power level discrepancy. I had said before that people will play it, but that was not with that kind of gap... you are invincible in 112 unless you are complete trash versus 90% of the field.

Even when we had the i49 shit display at the beginning of SL (I mean after all the azerite/super gear got fixed - the super hard stuff only lasted a month or 2)... even tho those people had a ridiculous advantage with the weapon power, they did not have 2.5x the HP and that advantage. Anybody that thinks SL was worse than this is right now, is a medical moron.

The concern here is that this won't get fixed,, because we have the holiday necklace as PROOF that they don't fix these type of things after they remove the EPIC... they just make a RARE copy that you can get and grandfather the EPIC. I get that's not 100% a possibility, but we have a pretty concrete example.

I just don't get the entire misunderstanding of how its bad for the bracket.

Last edited:
Regardless of what math you want to do... people in 112s are invincible to the vast majority of people in i86... and I can say that with 100% accuracy having queued both so far after the fuckery. The bracket is pointless with that power level discrepancy. I had said before that people will play it, but that was not with that kind of gap... you are invincible in 112 unless you are complete trash versus 90% of the field.

Even when we had the i49 shit display at the beginning of SL (I mean after all the azerite/super gear got fixed - the super hard stuff only lasted a month or 2)... even tho those people had a ridiculous advantage with the weapon power, they did not have 2.5x the HP and that advantage. Anybody that thinks SL was worse than this is right now, is a medical moron.

The concern here is that this won't get fixed,, because we have the holiday necklace as PROOF that they don't fix these type of things after they remove the EPIC... they just make a RARE copy that you can get and grandfather the EPIC. I get that's not 100% a possibility, but we have a pretty concrete example.

I just don't get the entire misunderstanding of how its bad for the bracket.
Blizz wont care, the fact that a 29 had a small window to get 112 vs the ongoing availability of 30+ to get 105 is not of importance in the grand scheme of things.

Even when we had the i49 shit display at the beginning of SL

Well now you have something else to complain about for years after it's fixed, not sure why you're unhappy.

how its bad for the bracket.

WHO OUTSIDE 0.01% OF WOW GIVES A FUCK? That's what I understand. "Bad for the bracket"....? This "shit bracket" you complain about incessantly whether it's good, bad, perfect, dead, thriving, awful, torched, etc. yet never stop playing???

Bad for this bracket is not even a fart in Blizzard's conference room. Sure, ok. Bad for a very, VERY VERRRYY few, mostly unsubbed. Not bad for everyone else. You can whine about this niche, meaningless bracket forever and ever (and you will).

How's that a PRIORITY????

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread