Any Questions? Ask Them Here! Get your 3 posts!

Hey! As you can probably tell, I'm rather new here, but a few friends and I were considering starting twinks during WoD just for the heck of it. That said, I had a few questions and was hoping some of you could help me out, either by answering directly or pointing to any threads that might already address the question(s).

1. What are some of the more active brackets, and what are anticipated to be? I'm assuming the 20-29 is pretty active thanks to the free-to-play crowd, but I really have no clue as a whole.

2. Where can I find information on the optimal level to play at for each class in the above brackets? For instance, I know scaling and whatnot plays a big part in things, especially at the lower levels, but I have no idea how the math works out.

3. I'm assuming the cross-realms thing applies, so being on a particular realm isn't really an issue anymore.

4. What are some of the stronger classes? I'm personally going with a Rogue simply because I really like the class (and despite knowing that they're probably plentiful and easily countered by other classes these days), but some of my friends are still debating their options.

5. Aside from the Arena Master trinket, are there any other long-term "BIS" type items to start working towards?

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Im confused, why cant I start any threads anywhere, even tho I have more than 10 posts? :) Does it just take some time to update?

Is there a resource for seeing what BoA item stats are at certain levels? The tooltip defaults to lvl 100. I ask because I'm trying to make level 1 twinks, but the stats seem to have been removed from that level, and I wanted to compare it against all of the BoA items to see if this was the case (I'm sure Chubtohd already knows about this).

Hey there, I used to have some 19 twinks back in TBC but ended up deleting them for the char slots in Cata after what seemed like the death of twinking.

I am now interested in starting up again but have some questions while trying to get my head around the best level / server to twink these days.

Is 20-29 the most active for BG's and Skirmishes?

It seems that people have chars at 20/24/28/29... is this still a thing with the way gear scales now or is it generally optimal to just level to 29 and have the most options for gear possible?

What are the best US servers for twink guilds & community? Undecided yet between Horde and Alliance.

This is a site question but I was wondering what is the point of tracking referrals on profile pages? I haven't been on twinkinfo in a long time because I took a 2 year break from playing and I was surprised when I saw "Referrals: 1" on my profile since I do not recall who I referred. Is there any reward for referring someone and can you see the history of the people you have referred somewhere?

Bump for new people and other peoples' unanswered questions that need help.

Re: Any Questions? Ask Them Here! Get your 10 posts!

I have a few questions.
I am new to twinking and I am curious what free server is the best for 19 twinks....by best I mean most action?
Do players play on multiple servers? If so what servers are the best to become the best player possible?
Also does a free server exist that allows you to go into the BG area without actually fighting a BG?
....I also see a lot of people saying this twink or that twink is the best twink....how can people know who the best twink is when there are so many different servers?

Re: Any Questions? Ask Them Here! Get your 10 posts!

I have a few questions.
I am new to twinking and I am curious what free server is the best for 19 twinks....by best I mean most action?
Do players play on multiple servers? If so what servers are the best to become the best player possible?
Also does a free server exist that allows you to go into the BG area without actually fighting a BG?
....I also see a lot of people saying this twink or that twink is the best twink....how can people know who the best twink is when there are so many different servers?

1) You can't F2P 19 anymore, that was hotfixed.
2) Yes plenty of people play multiple servers/realms.
3) It depends on your class, guild and how much gold/cash your willing to fork out for GF'd items
4) AV is the closest thing I can think of.
5) Generally if you see 19's from "Skill Ratio" they go above and beyond (even to Gladiator like standards) to be Best in Slot and ready for every situation or scenario.

How do i change my avatar? I really can't figure it out XD. Please reed my introduction post too :)

http://www.twinkinfo.com/forums/f170/hello-people-im-new-member-happy-take-part-community-d-62874/

Settings on the top of the webpage
Look for the section called "My Settings"
Click Edit Avatar
From there you can upload a new avatar.

This is a site question but I was wondering what is the point of tracking referrals on profile pages? I haven't been on twinkinfo in a long time because I took a 2 year break from playing and I was surprised when I saw "Referrals: 1" on my profile since I do not recall who I referred. Is there any reward for referring someone and can you see the history of the people you have referred somewhere?

Shane for this, I can't answer it.

Is there a resource for seeing what BoA item stats are at certain levels? The tooltip defaults to lvl 100. I ask because I'm trying to make level 1 twinks, but the stats seem to have been removed from that level, and I wanted to compare it against all of the BoA items to see if this was the case (I'm sure Chubtohd already knows about this).

Most BoAs have no stats, or if they do, they have 1 stamina and 1 (dps) stat. You can also enchant BoA items with shoulder enchants and leg armor enchants for more benefits,

Would it be a fair assumption to just say that twinking is pretty much dead? Or is the forum simply quiet most of the time?
smile.png

It isn't that twinking is dead, it is that this section rarely gets looked at an answered

1-9 twinks are always active from my past experience for wPVP and wPvE
10-19 twinks are active in arenas almost all the time, WSGs/BGs have been shedualed and done :)
20-29 twinks are 24/7 bgs and arenas due to F2P's.
30-39, can't say personally
40-49, probably dead, not sure
50-59, see 40-49
60's, have active PvE/Arenas and sometimes BGs
70's, have active BGs, Arenas and PvE
80's, Same as 70 but to a lesser extent
90's, no idea.

Hey! As you can probably tell, I'm rather new here, but a few friends and I were considering starting twinks during WoD just for the heck of it. That said, I had a few questions and was hoping some of you could help me out, either by answering directly or pointing to any threads that might already address the question(s).

1. What are some of the more active brackets, and what are anticipated to be? I'm assuming the 20-29 is pretty active thanks to the free-to-play crowd, but I really have no clue as a whole.

2. Where can I find information on the optimal level to play at for each class in the above brackets? For instance, I know scaling and whatnot plays a big part in things, especially at the lower levels, but I have no idea how the math works out.

3. I'm assuming the cross-realms thing applies, so being on a particular realm isn't really an issue anymore.

4. What are some of the stronger classes? I'm personally going with a Rogue simply because I really like the class (and despite knowing that they're probably plentiful and easily countered by other classes these days), but some of my friends are still debating their options.

5. Aside from the Arena Master trinket, are there any other long-term "BIS" type items to start working towards?

1) 20-29 is the most active followed by 70's
2) Twink Guide Sections
3) Hunters, Rets, Shadow Priests, Feral Druids, Arcane/Frost Mage
4) All realms have people harassing and hindering you from getting LFH and AGM.
5) LFH, Dread Pirate Ring, any rare BoE Blue Items

So... Im confused, why cant I start any threads anywhere, even tho I have more than 10 posts?
smile.png
Does it just take some time to update?

Put your post in the site issues forum and a staff member will handle it from there

Last edited by a moderator:
I have questions regarding gearing for twinking i have looked at several guides and have not gotten a clear answer yet. My question is whether or not the epic level 70 gems from outland are good for twinking. In the 60 bracket? 70-74 bracket?

The reason i ask is because I have a jewelcrafter with a few outland reps leveled to exalted and i have many epic level gem designs. I was thinking of removing jewel crafting from that guy for something else before I level him up but i will keep jewel crafting for my future twinks if these gems are still really useful in a bracket.

Hey I have a question, is there any way to make the queue times shorter in the 20-24 bracket?

Hey I have a question, is there any way to make the queue times shorter in the 20-24 bracket?

In case you haven't heard, there is no longer a 20-24 bracket. It's now back to 20-29. Yay!

I have questions regarding gearing for twinking i have looked at several guides and have not gotten a clear answer yet. My question is whether or not the epic level 70 gems from outland are good for twinking. In the 60 bracket? 70-74 bracket?

The reason i ask is because I have a jewelcrafter with a few outland reps leveled to exalted and i have many epic level gem designs. I was thinking of removing jewel crafting from that guy for something else before I level him up but i will keep jewel crafting for my future twinks if these gems are still really useful in a bracket.

This question should be addressed to someone with a deeper knowledge of the brackets you mention. I suggest poking around that section and finding someone who knows what they are doing and asking them. They may also be able to clear up your question on armories. Although, keep in mind we are all still testing out new gear options as WOD is still relatively new.

Best of luck,
Mocha

Users who are viewing this thread