Aerie Peak

Mialo

The Architect.
Aerie Peak
Update on 04/03/13

vLa6NP3.jpg

Shft

The home of many F2P character. Its where it all started back in July 2011 and has since grown to the biggest F2P community. Daily premades (with multiple groups going at the same time), Random dungeon groups, arenas, good company, chitchat or any other form of smalltalk, ... it can all be found here, and a whole lot of it! And most importantly: Yde ! At all times you'll see players come and go, since there are some European players among us as well. On Sunday, around the Fishing Tournament, there usually are 30+ players on average Horde side with peaks up to 50. Alliance side used to be the bigger faction, but nowadays they tend to stay on the downside. But past proves us it will probably fluctuate again in the future.

General Server Info
Server type: Normal
Time zone: PST
Battlegroup: Nightfall
Datacenter: New York

Taken from Yde's FAQ :
Server:
Datacenter:
Faction:
Recruiting:
Activities:

Information:
Aerie Peak (PvE)
New York
Horde and Alliance
How to join the Aerie Peak F2P Community! START by Ciroe
Both Factions: Premades, Wargame Arenas
Aerie Peak Arena Tournament with TCG Prizes! by youakim
Aerie Peak F2P Arena Skype Player Group by C O T U S
⇛ 19 Wargame Project by Kochist currently paused
⇛ Information on the 19 Wargame Project here
Most active server for both factions, Horde quite a bit larger than Alliance. All activities all day all week. Large player base making planned or spontaneous fun events possible. NY Datacenter has good ping for EU players.

qypIzQL.jpg

Shft

Over the years, there have been multiple attempts to get a Horde versus Alliance premade WSG game. Recently, we succeeded twice. Score is still 1 - 1. You think you can make the difference and want to give the opposing faction the advantage? Feel free to join and prove your worth!

[video=youtube;jO_1uQ8WqCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jO_1uQ8WqCM [/video]
[video=youtube;s5Nh8xUaiPA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s5Nh8xUaiPA[/video]
SFHcCjv.jpg

Purse

Aerie Peak Hellfire PVP Event

[video=youtube;-TMKYV3SI9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-TMKYV3SI9o[/video]
Parties all day every day. The famous Purse managed to snap two of these on video!
[video=youtube;sL47hpnPSgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sL47hpnPSgs[/video]
[video=youtube;gLHvIsOgbKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gLHvIsOgbKY[/video]
Arenas & Wargames
If you're up for these, Aerie Peak certainly is the place to go. I must admit, the amount of games has been higher for sure, but without a doubt, if you're looking for a game or 2 (or more), you'll be guaranteed to find some fellow F2P to play with you. If you're looking for games, keep an eye out for Veinte, Swag and @Yeayoumad. They are always up for some, but... Well, see for yourself.
[video=youtube;px5jrdYkbWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=px5jrdYkbWs[/video]

X4DY5Qj.jpg

[SUB]Rhaellia[/SUB]

Whenever there is a Call to Arms: Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin, at all times there are multiple groups queueing and ready to slaughter the opposite faction. Known (mostly) for their high win-ratios the opposite sides trembles at the idea of facing an AP premade. A teaser:
[video=youtube;0FOSxd9L8SA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0FOSxd9L8SA[/video]

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask and I hope we'll be able to welcome you into our midst soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you found your way to Aerie Peak?

Didn't miss a turn left or right? Ok, good. Now, the really cool things are about to start! But how? Seriously. How? I want to group with all these supercool people and want to get lai ... started!

Back when the animals still talked, our very own Yasueh managed to implent another awesome feature into the add-on: F2P Invite. Essentially, it allows P2P to create groups without having to manually do this. This is very important. The whole proces is automated.

Finding a P2P.

The easiest way to do this, is to write
in the F2PTwink channel. By doing this, the add-on automatically (again, this is automated, so it must be exactly like that and nothing else) searches for P2Ps and with the add-on enabled and it will post a message in the channel like "I am available to create groups". Buuuut there actually is a downside. The add-on is really smart and all, and Yasueh did a really good job, but there is some kind of bug into it (or not). P2Ps can disable the F2PI for whatever reason (in a BG, in a dungeon, in a queue, grouping for something else,...) but the add-on doesn't seem to know that at that point. So it will still give a feedback while you can't actually use it.

You found a P2P.

Grouping on them is actually the same thing: an automated process which requires a certain command to initiate it. This time, you whisper
to the free P2P. So not: Invite, invite, can you please invite my friend and me, Inv, invite!, ... or whatever other form your head might think off. A simple "inv" will do just fine. There are some other easy commands to pass on leader, make it a raid, make it a smaller group and whatever else.
Slash commands used by the most recent version (so you can make macros/buttons):
  • /f2pq - show/hide the premade queuing window/PvP window.
  • /f2pq reset - clear the player list in the premade queuing window.
  • /f2pi - enable/disable the invite module (if you're on a paid account).
  • /f2pi fish - enable/disable the invite module's fishing competition mode.
Commands to whisper to a P2P player to make use of their invite module (Hint: open your friends list to find characters over level 20, who will be P2P):

inv - request an invite to a group.
lead - request that you be given lead of the group when the inviter is asked to leave (otherwise the default is the first person to accept an invite) .
close - ask the inviter to leave the group, and pass lead.

Grouped and ready to go.

"But, moooooom, we want to play BG with more than 5! We saw a bunch of those cool Aerie Peak guys before and we want to do that too." Oh well, I guess you could do that. After all, there is a feature implented in the addon. It's called /F2PQ. It opens a small interface window that shows whoever is queued for whatever battleground and shows if they 'popped' or not. Create multiple groups and get knowledge of who are the leaders. One of them has to step up. He's doing to countdown, mostly in the channel. He'll slowly count down from 5 to 1 and on 1 you'll hit the "Queue our group" button. This action is commonly referred at as "Syncing". You can check into the F2PQ if everyone joined at the right time or if the other leader fell asleep or not. This is the part where it usually gets tricky for new people.

If you get a 'pop', there are 2 possibilities: you get to choose take or leave. But now, don't get trigger-happy. You want to check something first: open your /F2PQ and see if all the people who did queue with you (along with the other group), popped as well. Usually something with a lot of experience will check this and he'll give the command to take or either leave. Leave as he asks you to leave, because this means you'll want to requeue soon again. Please don't go AFK while trying to queue, because this is really annoying as everyone has to wait for you to leave the queue. Take when he says you to take. This is not too hard and you'll get the hang of it fast enough if you did it a few times, but you'll probably **** it up the first times. Please be the exception and don't ;)

Tl;dr.: Read it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey this looks pretty nice so i would like to join, i am actually from EU and so are all my twinks so how do i download US version?

Hey this looks pretty nice so i would like to join, i am actually from EU and so are all my twinks so how do i download US version?

Go to battle.net, log in, go to summary, on the right side you'll see download game client, click that. Then under game client change EU to US and then click download. Wait till it's done and updated and you'll have the US version.

Also, AP Alliance could use some more love!

Gosh I love the new pictures =)

Good job!
Agree! Such a great idea, everything is better with pictures! I should find a way to integrate some into the index when I have a bit of time. :)

If you think anything else should be added, let me know and I'll update it as soon as possible!

A list of tips for people new to a community. Like how to use f2pi or how to group que. "Invite me and my friend" doesn't work with f2pi or in a group que dont enter BG just because you got a pop, the other group might not of gotten it (9 other people just wasted 20 mins trying to do a premade and now you get kicked from group).

A list of tips for people new to a community. Like how to use f2pi or how to group que. "Invite me and my friend" doesn't work with f2pi or in a group que dont enter BG just because you got a pop, the other group might not of gotten it (9 other people just wasted 20 mins trying to do a premade and now you get kicked from group).
But that's just common behaviour and doesn't really have anything to do with the realm itself. But I guess I could explain it.

This is awesome! You guys have done an incredible job with this add-on! I've already started leveling my horde druid "Gawrsh" on Aerie Peak...Once the game is fully downloaded, I'll install this chat add-on. Hopefully I'll get to meet you guys soon!

Whenever there is a Call to Arms: Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin, at all times there are multiple groups queueing and ready to slaughter the opposite faction. Known (mostly) for their high win-ratios the opposite sides trembles at the idea of facing an AP premade.

Lol, I tremble way more when facing a level 24 premade, regardless of the server. I'm not on Aerie Peak but I'm still cross realmed with you guys! So is this just another advertisement for Aerie Peak? The F2P addon is nothing new.

Need more ally, it seems they have either lost interest in f2p/wow or have started playing more on horde side. Would be nice to see a rebalance of actives across the two factions. Over the last week the few times I logged in to alliance I haven't seen more than 6 online except during STV tourney.

Gonna start working on my rogue and hope the population picks up.

/bumping

i just started a f2p account a couple months back after a year or so of being a 24 dick. the AP ally community is amazing you guys all rock! thanks for being so welcoming :)

Users who are viewing this thread