Activision Blizzard vs State of California Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, talking with my sister and other women, I’ve learned that they go through a lot of experiences that as a man I’ll never understand. Guys coming up and saying very creepy statements, some situations going way too far. Bosses harassing them with aggressive sexual phone calls. A lot of good women in my life that share these stories with me and it amazes me how aggressive and scary some people can be. It goes way beyond comments like “nice tits”, it goes into full blown verbal sexual assault. I think over time hearing women have this uniform experience helped me understand a lot of the frustration they have about a situation like this. As a man I don’t get what it’s like.

That’s definitely not to invalidate a man’s experience either. Men in my experience have to deal with women perpetually being scared of them, regardless of what they have done. Many men seem to be unable to express their emotions because they learned it’s unsafe to. They learn that trying to interact with women may result in punishment such as sexual assault allegations. There’s a lot of men, good men, that suffer in silence. Any time they bring up their feelings in a situation like this, they get shut down because women have it harder.

Basically I hope to understand all of the experiences as much as I can - that sexual harassment allegations are very serious, and that there are many emotions for both genders involved. And I hope to try to validate both genders as much as I can possibly do, because this is a very sensitive topic and a lot of miscommunication always happens.

Sadly, talking with my sister and other women, I’ve learned that they go through a lot of experiences that as a man I’ll never understand. Guys coming up and saying very creepy statements, some situations going way too far. Bosses harassing them with aggressive sexual phone calls. A lot of good women in my life that share these stories with me and it amazes me how aggressive and scary some people can be. It goes way beyond comments like “nice tits”, it goes into full blown verbal sexual assault. I think over time hearing women have this uniform experience helped me understand a lot of the frustration they have about a situation like this. As a man I don’t get what it’s like.

well said, +1

So the game that has been studied to be as addictive as heroin is run by terrible people? Shocking!!

Last edited:
Really hate to derail the topic much more than it already has, but I find it quite humorous that Anexa probably didnt read/cared about the rest of the paragraph and only underlined the topic that concerns her interests only. And the fact that her reply ONLY focuses on the 1st paragraph. But hey, maybe im over-looking into things.

Last edited:
Except 99% of what women say is a lie.

That red pill you keep taking ain't so red. You deserve better than to get conned into believing that's the meta.

Basically I hope to understand all of the experiences as much as I can - that sexual harassment allegations are very serious, and that there are many emotions for both genders involved. And I hope to try to validate both genders as much as I can possibly do, because this is a very sensitive topic and a lot of miscommunication always happens.

I wanted to quote the whole post. @Druiddroid landed it so well. I would expand it to nonbinary colleagues of mine and add that Druiddroid's post reflects my experiences as a manager.

Years ago, my college mentor forwarded a post from who knows where, along with his reply, germane to this thread.

==============================
celandine13
September 11 2012, 11:23:33 UTC
==============================
"I think the frustration that (resistant) men have about the whole
"don't be creepy" discourse is pretty easy to understand: not being
creepy is *work.* It's social-skills work that has to do with being
alert to modulating your voice, body language, attitude, etc. to avoid
making women uncomfortable. And it's a responsibility that falls on
straight men but not on straight women. In modern egalitarian
societies, people are really uncomfortable with claims that "You MUST
do this because of the way you were born." Why do I have to? Why can't
I opt out somehow? How can I carry an obligation in my chromosomes,
without ever being consulted about whether I want it or not?"​

Before you can be on board with the "don't be creepy" stuff, you have
to share the assumptions that
1.) Your actions *can* affect other people's feelings; it's not their
responsibility to not be bothered by your behavior.
2.) You actually want to optimize your actions for not upsetting and
disturbing people (e.g. women.)
3.) You're okay with the fact that contingent circumstances (like
being a man) can cause you to have more responsibilities towards other
people's states of mind.​

There are a lot of other contexts in which this issue of "unasked-for responsibilities" applies e.g. raising children, interacting with subordinates and superiors in the workforce...pretty much anything involving group dynamics. It's simple to blow off such responsibilities, especially when some parts of society like to manipulate those responsibilities for its own ends. They want to make responsibilities feel like a conspiracy to control people, and let's be honest, some responsibilities are set up to do exactly that. But that doesn't absolve us from needing to determine, choose and uphold the responsibilities that, if we blow them off, we end up in impossible positions that open the door for harassment and abuse from others and ourselves.

Very well said @Kirise

I think a lot of the pushback is exactly that "dont tell me what to do!" impulse, combined with what I perceive is a belief that its somehow emasculating to care about how your actions and behavior might impact the people around you. As though we are the worlds protagonist heroically standing (in a very manly pose) against the tide of soy feminism turning us all into gay frogs or whatever the prevailing thing is these days.

And while Im generally on team Your Feelings Are Not My Responsibility, that is within the context and framework of recognizing social interaction is not some emotionless vacuum in which all possible responses are considered and then only the most rational reactions are applied. And more importantly, its recognizing that this swings both ways. Im also on team My Feelings Are Not Your Responsibility.

This insistence that others are overly sensitive to "just jocular bro-ish behavior" or "harmless flirtation" or "just being complimentary" or "shooting your shot with a coworker" or whatever is grounded in other people adjusting their behavior and actions to make those men more comfortable.

The entire expectation that women meekly accept what someone else has determined is an appropriate level of intrusion into their personal space and/or commentary on their bodies or sexual relationships is predicated on protecting the comfort of men in these interactions. That a woman might respond negatively to this behavior makes these guys uncomfortable and this is an intrusion on their freedom or manhood or whatever. Ironic.

Social interaction is always a balance of body language, vocal tone, environment, professional hierarchies, social hierarchies (both formal and informal) and how those might rapidly shift even among the same people depending on the context. As we grow up, we learn through experience and experimentation and social cues what behavior is and isn't acceptable.

Demanding to not have to act within this framework is like a child screaming in a grocery store. Sure, I suppose you're free to act like that but lets not pretend that somehow everyone else is at fault for being bothered by it.

The only emasculating thing here is demanding that grown ass men be allowed to act like children.

Social interaction is always a balance of [ ... ] professional hierarchies, social hierarchies
hey i guess this does mean i get to do whatever fuck i want after all :sela:

@Kirise i don’t know what you’re talking about but if women were not female there would literally be bounties out to arrest some of them

a lot of simps or manginas can’t live without women in their lives, they will succumb to what makes females happy by any means necessary, I do not care about women or having a relationship with one, my individuality,money,leisure time, stress will thank me

So while most men would not want to appear creepy to women I am the opposite and will dress creepy so women will leave me alone

I know a lot of people on here won’t agree with me that’s fine I never expected you to, you just go with the grain in life always doing what your told, avoiding existential crisis I get it

by the way to all the women or mentally challenged people reading I don’t hate women I treat them the same as everyone else I treat everyone the same I am just not blind

Last edited:
Goddammit, now I gotta break out the marker again.

Neon_neoned.jpg

Maybe I misunderstood your intent behind the language of a couple of those underlines, but dude, there are a LOT of underlines.

For what it's worth, I've been royally screwed over by women in the past. I've been royally screwed over by men in the past. In all cases, it didn't have to do with them being women or men. It had to do with them being terrible, and I had to come to terms with that.

I wanted to quote the whole post. @Druiddroid landed it so well. I would expand it to nonbinary colleagues of mine and add that Druiddroid's post reflects my experiences as a manager.
It's helpful to me to gain that perspective from a manager. I found my views through working in mental health so I'm biased in that I hear people just openly talking about it with me. As a manager I can imagine you're really going through it and seeing what happens.

@Kirise i don’t know what you’re talking about but if women were not female there would literally be bounties out to arrest some of them

a lot of simps or manginas can’t live without women in their lives, they will succumb to what makes females happy by any means necessary, I do not care about women or having a relationship with one, my individuality,money,leisure time, stress will thank me

So while most men would not want to appear creepy to women I am the opposite and will dress creepy so women will leave me alone

I know a lot of people on here won’t agree with me that’s fine I never expected you to, you just go with the grain in life always doing what your told, avoiding existential crisis I get it

by the way to all the women or mentally challenged people reading I don’t hate women I treat them the same as everyone else I treat everyone the same I am just not blind
based Neon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread