About to roll a 19 trial hunter, please comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
leotseddap said:
You have to ask yourself the right question if all this gimping we do isnt the thing wich imbalances this whole bracket way more.

People could addapt to the f2p standards wich probably will even better the games we have in the first place but alot people are so carried by gear and dont want to give that up and ofc because they just can.

So again...rather than start your own bracket with your own rules, for other people who are f2ps, you want to -change- the rules for a bracket of players who actually do pay.

41592_146670191855_2892_n.jpg

Athylle said:
its the status quo and you're not going to change the status quo by giving people free kills

Who cares.. it's winning WSG that im interested in. Even if i get killed a 1000 times and still win WSG is good enough for me. I grew up in a battlegroup where alliance outnumbered horde twinks 6 to 2 and still horde mostly won the matches because of skilled WSG play! I played untwinked toons versus twinks and still managed to win WSG and kill them because alot people are brainless idiots. Its all the same in locked xp. Ok, lesser and different now because of imbalance and twinks only but its still the same, humans, i play against.

Im allready seeing where you 2 come from. Alot talking about free kills, derailing the team and so on. Youre whole mindset is set on search and destroy and not about tactics. Ive seen alot baddies like this, it destroys 19 WSG and turns into a farm fest.

I think im going to find 9 people to join me and make lv 19 frost mages and well see who wins the matches!

leotseddap said:
Who cares.. it's winning WSG that im interested in. Even if i get killed a 1000 times and still win WSG is good enough for me. I grew up in a battlegroup where alliance outnumbered horde twinks 6 to 2 and still horde mostly won the matches because of skilled WSG play! I played untwinked toons versus twinks and still managed to win WSG and kill them because alot people are brainless idiots. Its all the same in locked xp. Ok, lesser and different now because of imbalance and twinks only but its still the same, humans, i play against.

Im allready seeing where you 2 come from. Alot talking about free kills, derailing the team and so on. Youre whole mindset is set on search and destroy and not about tactics. Ive seen alot baddies like this, it destroys 19 WSG and turns into a farm fest.

I think im going to find 9 people to join me and make lv 19 frost mages and well see who wins the matches!

Rofl you're one to make assumptions.

I experienced F2P 19s today and they weren't a pretty sight. Their subpar gear made them very easy kills, lessening their potential impact on the game. Can you reflect on your experiences with them?

I think I'm just going to level to 20 and hopefully the exp locked WSGs will eventually become more populated.

Synrai, trial accounts have 3 options to twink: 10-14, 15-19 and 20-24.

10-14 breakdowns: Kinda no enchants that make difference.

15-19 breakdowns: Kinda no enchants that make difference.

20-24 breakdowns: Kinda no enchants that make difference AND if it gets popular there will just be 24 twinks owning us.

Note that you can get BoA on trial accs and such.

That makes the first 2 I mentioned more viable for us.

I don't see why 10-14 is a more viable choice. 10-14 is dead.. Oh yeah? Obviously it's not getting Qs all day long, but it's not dead. Plus, I don't see how F2P twink would help that. I mean, a un-enchanted twink trying to defeat a fully BiS/enchanted/BoE'd twink. GG.

F2P in the 10s would be another joke.

F2P isn't viable except if you could get enough player to play only against F2P. That would be sick as hell, but not gonna happen.

I mean, having only people who worked hard to get every little piece they have, the BoA, their enchant, their BoE and stuff like that. You'd have to get all the gold by yourself. The bracket who be a lot less bursty since we'd be missing most of enchant, but that be sick as hell, but not going to happen.

15-19 breakdowns: Kinda no enchants that make difference.

Seriously dude?

Remove all of your enchants. Switch out all of your Heirlooms. Get rid of the shadowfang. And get rid of those grandfathered pants. Then try playing a match.

Tell me how it goes.

20-24 breakdowns: Kinda no enchants that make difference AND if it gets popular there will just be 24 twinks owning us.

This would be no different from being owned by 19 twinks in vastly superior gear. I will tell you now that even as a mage, the squishiest class in the bracket, I will view even a -hunter- with 1000 HP as a Free Kill. More so when you consider that there are players running around with twice that amount.

Now, in the case of 20s-24s, just do what 60s do to 64s - shun and ignore.

Synrai said:
Seriously dude?

Remove all of your enchants. Switch out all of your Heirlooms. Get rid of the shadowfang. And get rid of those grandfathered pants. Then try playing a match.

Tell me how it goes.

This would be no different from being owned by 19 twinks in vastly superior gear. I will tell you now that even as a mage, the squishiest class in the bracket, I will view even a -hunter- with 1000 HP as a Free Kill. More so when you consider that there are players running around with twice that amount.

Now, in the case of 20s-24s, just do what 60s do to 64s - shun and ignore.

You understood me wrong, yes your character will be pretty gimped but the difference isn't so big if you do it right, only the enchants are not proper.

1st you can get BoAs at a trial account too, simply by playing much or just honor farm at a GY (lol).

A lvl 20 against 24 however is a much bigger difference, you can't even compare these 2 tbh.

+ You say mage is the squishiest class in the bracket *thinks of warrs and shamans*.

leotseddap said:
Level 20 will never be an option because of stupid mounts. So get used to see f2p twinks in your bg!

I honestly foresee Blizz putting a stop to this if it does become popular. Either by resetting everyone to XP-On and raising the cost of turning XP off to 15g, or just prohibiting f2ps from even using the function.

Synrai said:
I honestly foresee Blizz putting a stop to this if it does become popular. Either by resetting everyone to XP-On and raising the cost of turning XP off to 15g, or just prohibiting f2ps from even using the function.

It will not get that much popular just because of the fact that noobs won't be able to farm 10g that easy.

You know, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of a lvl 20 f2p bracket, I just can't think of a way to stop lvl 24 twinks from ruining it all.

Rivfader said:
You know, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of a lvl 20 f2p bracket, I just can't think of a way to stop lvl 24 twinks from ruining it all.

20 trial twinks exp off would be so much fun, no BoAs and no OP enchants.

But ofc sooner or later there will be lvl 24 twinks ruining it all.

Hiidden said:
20 trial twinks exp off would be so much fun, no BoAs and no OP enchants.

But ofc sooner or later there will be lvl 24 twinks ruining it all.

Actually there would be BoA, but you'd have to work so much for your gear.

It would actually be the true meaning of dedication. Get enchanting, enchant your gear, drop enchanting, get another profession. Farm your own gold. Farm your own BoA. Only truly dedicated player would be able to be BiS. That be more then amazing, but just probably not going to happen

EDIT: Also, level 20 toon have the ability to get 225 enchanting, which provide even more enchant (Second Edit: NVM, Trade skill capped at 100)

bankbeauty said:
Actually there would be BoA, but you'd have to work so much for your gear.

It would actually be the true meaning of dedication. Get enchanting, enchant your gear, drop enchanting, get another profession. Farm your own gold. Farm your own BoA. Only truly dedicated player would be able to be BiS. That be more then amazing, but just probably not going to happen

Yeah you're right with the BoAs but it would require GY camping cause of a pretty inactive bracket at the start. In the other hand there would be no cloak and helm BoAs.

There are a bunch of cloaks that can be on par substitutes for the BoA Cloak. Fishing Helm is also a great substitute for the BoA Helm.

You can actually get allready the amount of honor needed to buy for example the shoulders before you ding 20 by doing only pvp leveling (no camping involved).

Anyway, ill be doing this and if i set my mind to it, i can do anything. This feels actually like a challenge. Twinking is not just only playing your toons but also making them. Mailing some looms from your main to your to be twink is just not enough for me and it takes away the whole rareness of making it. I can see only more positive things about making f2p twinks then normal ones. I like the challenge and i accept :)

leotseddap said:
You can actually get allready the amount of honor needed to buy for example the shoulders before you ding 20 by doing only pvp leveling (no camping involved).

Anyway, ill be doing this and if i set my mind to it, i can do anything. This feels actually like a challenge. Twinking is not just only playing your toons but also making them. Mailing some looms from your main to your to be twink is just not enough for me and it takes away the whole rareness of making it. I can see only more positive things about making f2p twinks then normal ones. I like the challenge and i accept :)

k just plz go horde then

I just started a toon to realize that alliance are really advantaged. Alliance gets the 2 head piece while horde get none.

So for horde it's LFH or WBFH only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread