A Comprehensive Guide to Level 1 Twinking in Shadowlands

awesome guide been learning a lot just reading through it
I've got a question about gearing my rogue
so glorious stats enchant won't work on any new piece of gear which is a shame
but if I use a Stained Shadowcraft Tunic heirloom that was enchanted before SL I still get +4 stats?
I figure it's good at least until I get a decent socketed piece
but just wanted to check if this works as tooltips imply (+4agil/+4stam)
or if the heirloom has any problems with the enchant or with scaling at this level
The +4 enchant should give you the full value if it was on an item already before prepatch.

awesome guide been learning a lot just reading through it
I've got a question about gearing my rogue
so glorious stats enchant won't work on any new piece of gear which is a shame
but if I use a Stained Shadowcraft Tunic heirloom that was enchanted before SL I still get +4 stats?
I figure it's good at least until I get a decent socketed piece
but just wanted to check if this works as tooltips imply (+4agil/+4stam)
or if the heirloom has any problems with the enchant or with scaling at this level
Yes, if it has the old glorious stats it will give +4. Howver, since baseline heirlooms give you nothing but a couple armor, having an old functional +4 on a loom is still not that great, you'd largely be just as well served with a psync chest or mop vendor chest with +1 stats on it.
I've been keeping an eye on these. Just checking in to report that they are yet another victim of fubarred tooltips. (Note the discrepancy in vendor prices between the two.)

View attachment 18751 View attachment 18752 View attachment 18753 View attachment 18754
Good to know, I'll add a note about that.

Oh, apparently I already did

"Note that these items are both classified as main hand (yes, even the staff), so you can only use one. As of 9.0.5, both of these items have a tooltip that claims you must be level 50 to wear them. Despite this, you can still equip and use them without penalty."

Last edited:
The +4 enchant should give you the full value if it was on an item already before prepatch.
Yes, if it has the old glorious stats it will give +4. Howver, since baseline heirlooms give you nothing but a couple armor, having an old functional +4 on a loom is still not that great, you'd largely be just as well served with a psync chest or mop vendor chest with +1 stats on it.

I just knew I had one on a monk that was enchanted pre SL so was easy to send over until I get something better
and yeah enchant is giving +4 full stats thanks again for the help

I wish there was a comprehensive guide like this for level 49 twinking in shadowlands! (or is there?)
I wouldn't exactly call my Guide comprehensive as it's no where near as in depth as this but it's a starting point.

9.1.0 is out, did a cursory check of all the important stuff - nothing unscaled relevant to us seems fixed, consumables appear the same, deathfrost is still bugged in the same way while ele force/lightless/lifestealing are unchanged. Stat budgets are unchanged. Still can't learn engineering. If anyone notices a change in an enchant or something somewhere let me know and I'll update the guide, but as far as the things I have checked, everything seems to be the same.

If you're stuck with the party sync ranged weapon, you may be out of luck. Scopes are all level locked and now there are reports of the previously functioning BFA weapon enchants not proccing anymore.

Is this pretty much confirmed now? Any options as of 9.1?

Just want to check.. The lvl1 relics (ilvl5) for legion artif weapon no longer have any use right?

Updated the guide to be up to date with today's patch drop. Only change is the gem section.

kQsTerK.png

Just edited the guide, it previously had this entry in the buffs section

https://www.wowhead.com/item=21114/rumsey-rum-dark - The last of the Rumseys to describe a stat increase, though this one is at 0. Might change again in the future. Shares the buff slot with Well Fed.

This is no longer the case, however. The item was given a standard alcohol effect in 9.1.5 for some reason. The item was already useless due to the stamina scaling to 0, but now it will no longer be possible for it to scale differently in the future.

wZZHQju.png

VK9Exi4.png

I have therefore removed the entry.

Users who are viewing this thread