80-89 80 Best in slot (PvE and PvP)

Hey Splosion, any chance you could make a PVE chardev for boomkins when you have the time to.
I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Quoting myself since I already did this.
chardev 9

My take, managed to get the hit down to only ~30 wasted rating. I'd also consider the socket bonus on the legs, because 10 haste is worth around 5 int, and you drop 4 SP for it, so +win.

Balance has tons too much hit.

Hunter PvP profile is lacking weapon chain as well as hit and spell pen cap. I did make a BiS profile but it's Wrath gear only.

Here's my re-design of it. It depends how much resilience you want to run with, but I've gone for a high amount, given that you'll be crit capped (with careful aim at least, which is almost always utilised at 80), and I threw as much as I could into mastery.

Gems are switchable (I capped spell pen at 133 with the crit/spell pen gem, but I'm not sure that's a fantastic idea yet), so if you feel you're not doing enough damage, switch it.

Here's the chardev: chardev 9

Here's my re-design of it. It depends how much resilience you want to run with, but I've gone for a high amount, given that you'll be crit capped (with careful aim at least, which is almost always utilised at 80), and I threw as much as I could into mastery.

Gems are switchable (I capped spell pen at 133 with the crit/spell pen gem, but I'm not sure that's a fantastic idea yet), so if you feel you're not doing enough damage, switch it.

Here's the chardev: chardev 9

Since we only need 4 pieces of Wrathful to get the full set bonuses, would it be more beneficial to replace one piece with a Cata piece? Still not sure which slot would benefit the most (if any).

I don't know if im blind or not but i can't see a balance druid set. If there's not one is there any way you could add one please?

I've had these kicking around for a week, I've just been fine-tuning them for a friend.

Enhancement
Enhancement doesn't love any secondaries besides mastery, which makes it awfully hard to followmy philosophy on secondary stats. However, the 4set is worth it, and it's relatively easy to cap hit/exp and then go pure mastery.

Elemental

Like Balance (and to some degree shadow), it's extremely difficult to not have tons of extra hit. I've managed to get exactly the right amount here, whilst keeping the 2set (4set is awful) and a large number of spirit items. Thankfully, the available cataclysm offpieces are remarkably well itemised.

Less stamina and more strength, so not really. It's only real merit is the str proc and the fact that it has haste, but those are mostly threat-related, so I'd only use it if you want to solo, or using a real tank weapon honestly doesn't matter (it really doesn't anymore)

Question, Any way you can throw out BiS boomkin twink items/sets, I pull off 20-25k in the cata dungeons with my gear but was looking to see what could be changed i know i still need things and was looking to see if there is a cap to haste or not, Not sure if youd know but just putting it out there saw this thread/post awhile back and was too lazy to make an account and ask but now that ive quite literally got nothing better to do, i thought id ask.

Thanks, Not needing the pvp one. More or less trying to branch out on my dps(pve) im just sorta confused on boomy at 80 compared to 85, Was looking up haste cap for 85 and theres not really a haste cap but there is, If that makes sense. You can keep going into haste but some/most ive seen are staying around 3.1k(25%), Do you have any feedback by chance on whether or not it might be viable to get/try to get 25% haste and then the rest into mastery/crit or would that not really be viable because of ...? More or less do you know for a fact going full haste is best at 80?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Not needing the pvp one. More or less trying to branch out on my dps(pve) im just sorta confused on boomy at 80 compared to 85, Was looking up haste cap for 85 and theres not really a haste cap but there is, If that makes sense. You can keep going into haste but some/most ive seen are staying around 3.1k(25%), Do you have any feedback by chance on whether or not it might be viable to get/try to get 25% haste and then the rest into mastery/crit or would that not really be viable because of ...? More or less do you know for a fact going full haste is best at 80?

Haste doesn't get any worse (at least, for eclipse transition, the value varies between DoT thresholds) until 50%, which is the gcd hardcap. Mastery may be stronger past this point, but I doubt it, because of two factors:

1. Balance requires hard-casted spells to pass between eclipses. Everything continues to scale with haste until you start to get a sub 1sec cast on either power generator, and even if you get the required value to get starfire to 1gcd, you might as well keep going because of DoT breakpoints.
2. Mastery only affects eclipse, and thus not all of the spec's damage is affected by it.

Users who are viewing this thread