80-89 80 Best in slot (PvE and PvP)

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. Was referred here by somebody in an 85 bg, he was attempting to get me to gear my arms warrior. I have already found a lot of info in reference to that - this is fast becoming an ultimate resource for me.

I am currently looking to gear a level 80 MM hunter, please may I have a Chardev for it? (Tried the other ones for hunters in the thread but they are not working at the moment.) Pvp orientated would be preferential.

As a general rule, you want to go for almost the same gear as is shown in the chardevs here, and use as much MoP gear beyond that as possible. The leather brackers and cloth gloves are (at least) required for all classes. Hunters can use the gun and helmet also, where the ring/legs will need some tests (either in-game or using simcraft) to find out if they're worth it. If you break any ICC set bonuses (I can imagine 4pc t10 goes away as offset is I think chest), then swap out for either the socketables from ICC (shoulders, chest, legs etc) or cataclysm gear. The whole reason I kept a lot of ICC gear in the profiles was the set bonuses and available agility. With MoP weapons though, stacking agility isn't really as important anymore.

not sure if this has been mentioned or not but why is there a 2h weapon included with the hunter profiles when we cant equip them and a bow at the same time anymore

Old chardev profiles are old. I'm sure I've mentioned that the new "BiS" largely consists of the old ones + as many applicable 409s as possible. This should mean at minimum:

for DPS:
Weapon
Str Ring
Cloth Gloves
Bracers with appropriate primary stat.

For healers:
Trinkets
Cloth Gloves
Bracers

For Tanks:
Every available piece besides trinkets.

The amount of secondaries provided by the above (in addition to weapon damage/SP values being so high), mean you have no choice but to use all that is available to you. The rest of the gear is largely irrelevent, as we proved with the "weapons-only" raid. The days of stacking primary stats are long gone I'm afraid.

Due to chardev's unreliable uptime, it's unlikely that I will update the sets. If the owner updates it to the current patch, I might just revamp everything.

Users who are viewing this thread