80-89 80 Best in slot (PvE and PvP)

I've just tried, and I'm missing 80 SP, 1% haste (40 rating), and 7% crit. I've no idea HOW you managed to get that much SP (perhaps chardev isn't noticing the mail bonus? I swapped gloves in and saw a 28 SP drop from the 277 offset mail ones, which was exactly the same as the enchant in that slot, so it's likely)

Question is, is the 4set any good? Resto has changed a lot since ICC, and chain heal spam isn't exactly efficient now (nor is gemming pure haste).

As for MoP, all socket bonuses will almost guaranteed be worth it, as int is no longer a regen stat (and thus, less valuable to healers)

Edit:
Aaaand the guy wanted PvP. I'm not even paying attention atm.

Edit 2:
http://chardev.org/profile/414129-Resto-PvP-80.html

That should work, hit & spell pen capped (almost required for restoration), and as much mastery/resilience/stamina as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much :))
p.s: how can i get the mace when the boss drops it only in heroic mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok thank you. Here is the last question.. what's the difference between your chardev and this one wich i found on this forum(didin't remember the thread) chardev 9 ?

That's odd.

The difference is SP, resilience and mastery. Resto wants a LOT of mastery, and SP isn't actually that useful because of scaling, in addition to mana being nearly infinite. You want stam + resilience for survival, hit + spell pen for CC, and mastery for healing.

That's odd.

The difference is SP, resilience and mastery. Resto wants a LOT of mastery, and SP isn't actually that useful because of scaling, in addition to mana being nearly infinite. You want stam + resilience for survival, hit + spell pen for CC, and mastery for healing.

Like I said, it was an experimental profile from ages ago :p When I'm working on a gear set I'll often save it a few times to separate profiles along the way, so I can make some comparisons of stats or sim results (I think in that case I was looking at stat drops per point of resi gained).

Not sure how he got ahold of that link though. I searched the 80-85 section to check but there were no results other than this thread.

39Vny.jpg

That's over a year ago, so I'm not really sure how they would have been jumbled in with the recently made chardevs ^^

Any chance for unholy BiS list, or is it inferior compared to the frost DW?

Also I'd like to know if someone would be able to put together a blood BiS for tanking, hopefully without raid drops thus using cataclysm only items.

Thanks.

You can use the frost 2handed list now, although everything in the OP is somewhat out of date (new hitcaps etc). I would suggest putting etched/fierce gems to match all socket bonuses, especially since unholy is now only 15% strength passive.

From numbers that I've seen, the order is something like Frost 2H>unholy>frost DW. Unholy at 80 wll perform slightly better if you have a shadowmourne, but that's the long and short of it. Once the MoP chardev is updated properly I'll go through and change my sets so they match the new gearing/talents/hitcaps.

For blood, I think aelobin posted his sets a couple of pages back.

Thank you. I think I shall go with the 2-handed frost then, as I do not currently have access to Shadowmourne, hopefully will do so when MoP hits however.

I will be sure to check, should I find his post. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread